PDA

View Full Version : Leisurely ride to Thames Sat 9th Jan.

Andrew
8th January 2004, 21:29
This time I'll be doing a ride out to Thames for lunch. Meeting at Autobahn north at 10.30 and will leave at 11.00. This ride will appeal to those who aren't early birds and who want to have a farily long lunch. All welcome, I'll be bringing a mate whose wanting to get out a little more with bike clubs. :Punk:

For those who would like to carry on and do the Coromadel loop after lunch they are most welcome to. I'll just be cruising home after a long lunch because it will be a hot humid day.

The idea of this day is that it will be a slow friendly lathargic ride, good food and a good time! So whose coming? :confused2

Yamahamaman
8th January 2004, 21:45
This time I'll be doing a ride out to Thames for lunch. Meeting at Autobahn north at 10.30 and will leave at 11.00. This ride will appeal to those who aren't early birds and who want to have a farily long lunch. All welcome, I'll be bringing a mate whose wanting to get out a little more with bike clubs. :Punk:

For those who would like to carry on and do the Coromadel loop after lunch they are most welcome to. I'll just be cruising home after a long lunch because it will be a hot humid day.

The idea of this day is that it will be a slow friendly lathargic ride, good food and a good time! So whose coming? :confused2

Would love to Andrew :( , but as my bike is a little overdue for it's 40,000km service, I'm only using it for commuting until the 16th of course then I am Whakatane bound :yes:

Antallica
8th January 2004, 23:38
Usual excuse as always ;)

BigB
9th January 2004, 06:24
If anyone does plan to do the loop, take it easy as there is lots of melted tar. Did the loop on the 2nd and it was so bad coming out of Coromandel towards Thames that they had a water truck on the road to cool it down and stop melting.

Then we had the slowest ride ever from Kopu to Whangamata as on the hills in the afternoon the whole road was melted. :sweatdrop :sweatdrop

It may not be so bad now with less traffic on the roads but I'd still take it easy.

Cheers

:niceone: :niceone:

Coldkiwi
9th January 2004, 12:17
sorry, got a pool party to attend :) (and you know relaxed riding isn't quite my cup of tea)

Andrew
9th January 2004, 19:58
If anybody would like to contact me on the day, my phone number is 0211062704 :banana:

Andrew
9th January 2004, 21:55
Due to the lack of interest I don't think i'll be doing the ride to Thames. My mate shat on me and so there doesn't seem to be any interest. If anyone does decide they would like to go for a ride though do give me a call. I'll be sat by the phone twiddling my thumbs!!