PDA

View Full Version : New Waikato rider (darkcarney)

darkcarney
16th February 2013, 18:52
Hey guys,
I'm a brand new rider. I've had a 50cc scooter for just over 2 years and was itching to upgrade so did my learners in january and then got a GN125 early Feb. I was really hoping to hold out and get an intruder 250 but that would have added a few months before I could get out on the road.
I'm loving having a bit more power and I think i'll save and try to get a 600 next, any suggestions (i like cruisers, and I'm only 5'6", so keep that in mind.)

BigAl
17th February 2013, 07:35
Welcome aboard.

Get some miles, experience and a full license and then go test some different bikes.

haydes55
17th February 2013, 22:10
Hey guys,
I'm a brand new rider. I've had a 50cc scooter for just over 2 years and was itching to upgrade so did my learners in january and then got a GN125 early Feb. I was really hoping to hold out and get an intruder 250 but that would have added a few months before I could get out on the road.
I'm loving having a bit more power and I think i'll save and try to get a 600 next, any suggestions (i like cruisers, and I'm only 5'6", so keep that in mind.)

Na I reckon get a few months under your belt on the GN then look at some bikes on the LAMs list like the Suzuki LS650. Although there are plenty of cruisers on the list around the 400-650 size to look into, what ever tickles your fancy.