PDA

View Full Version : 2005 636 top whack..

bugjuice
15th August 2005, 09:46
or there abouts..
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=ZX6R-2005-speed-try
must retry that 285 I got..

oh yeah, and wt - :woohoo: :moon: :finger:

Sniper
15th August 2005, 09:49
Cool, now be careful

placidfemme
15th August 2005, 09:54
arrg... when I press play it just shows the windows media logo playing around then stops...

*hates using the work comps*

zadok
15th August 2005, 09:55
Sure can boogy. 600cc, sheesh!

bugjuice
15th August 2005, 09:57
actually, this'll help - the actual link for it - http://x300.putfile.com/videos/c4-22417583592.wmv

crazylittleshit
15th August 2005, 09:57
I love my bike:)

White trash
15th August 2005, 20:30
I'm assuming you've found a vid of a 636 speedo reading some dangerous speed? My Gixxer 6 was reading 287 at Puke last year through the kink. Took the same bike on the same gearing to the flying quaters and it read 283.

Cool.

Look at the timesheets and, ohhhhhh, 261kph real.

Sorry Buggy, speedos aint worth a tin of shit.

Roade Deanos SP1 at the same event. Got to 290!

Check the sheets, bugger, 263kph.

Quasievil
15th August 2005, 20:44
Grrrrrrrr me like that loverly, just listen to the Gixxer boys bleat
good video mate, will stick that in my library:Punk:

White trash
15th August 2005, 20:45
OK, just spent the 10 minutes downloading and another thing comes to mind.

That straight is about three times as long as Pukekohe.

You're welcome.

Zed
15th August 2005, 21:00
That straight is about three times as long as Pukekohe.Yer, it took a while to reach the indicated 287kmph too...but like you say Jimmy, more like 260 in real time. :violin:

Quasievil
15th August 2005, 21:04
OK, just spent the 10 minutes downloading and another thing comes to mind.

That straight is about three times as long as Pukekohe.

You're welcome.

Easily three times as long, as I said I could get only 250 kph on Puke , I will say that my entry via castrol wasnt super quick nor was my braking distance short, in other words I was riding carefully, I reckon on a race tyre set up bike and a nice track I could have got maybe 270 kph tops, for me I am a fat prick as well which aint going to help me much.
Bug reckons he got the slipstream of a CBR1000 which dragged him to 285kph, fair enough, my experience with 1000 cc bikes is they come and go that quick I would be able to be dragged behind them unless they through me a rope which in itslef bring on another set of issues

inlinefour
15th August 2005, 22:48
I reckon that I could be almost talked into buying one of these :woohoo:

bugjuice
15th August 2005, 23:53
k, a few quick points, then I'm off ta bed..
WT - didn't say it was any shorter or longer than Puke.. You just said the speedo telling me 285 must have stunk of bs.. so all I did was show you some evidence that it can achieve this. Ok, so this is an 05 and mine is an 04, but they aren't too far apart. The speedos I've been told by kawa lovers and haters, that altho pretty much every speedo is out, these happen to be not too far out. I want to get a GPS and actually find out for myself, but so I've been told by many, I pass this on..

Quaz - I was seeing 270 by the kink by myself on a few occasions, mostly 260+ tho on average. The 285 max'd was slipping a ZX10 which i knew was coming. I saw him way off on the start/finish, he was then exiting Jennian as I was starting the esses, then as I was getting off from Castrol, he was just starting Castrol. As I was gassing up to speed, so was he, and passed around half way, and I saw that he was coming close, so nipped in as he disappeared. No way in hell I could keep up, but that half second break from head on wind helped me out, and just after the kink saw 285.. Really wanna do it again!! Just need a smaller camera. Who's got a lipstick-cam? LB..??

Lou Girardin
16th August 2005, 16:02
You don't need a GPS, get a bike computer that reads to 300 k's. They are dead accurate and cheaper than GPS. They'll even save the top speed so that you don't have to watch it at 287 in the kink.
Be warned, reality hurts when 'over 200' is only 180 k's.

bugjuice
16th August 2005, 16:03
You don't need a GPS, get a bike computer that reads to 300 k's. They are dead accurate and cheaper than GPS.
Be warned, reality hurts when 'over 200' is only 180 k's.
yeah, I know.. someone said to me that a speedo could be up to 10% out.. which would mean my 285 would be nearer 255kph.. which is still quick, but would suck slightly..

Squiggles
16th August 2005, 16:17
im hoping that speedo is kph, not mph lol :D

enigma51
16th August 2005, 16:30
Only think i know is that the 05 model was quicker off the line than my k3 ask quasi he was on the green thing

bugjuice
16th August 2005, 16:32
Only think i know is that the 05 model was quicker off the line than my k3 ask quasi he was on the green thing
quasi is a slow old fart on a slower bike.. passed him heaps on sunday, the only one holding the group up! :Pokey:
but he's still on a kawa tho, so that's good.. if he hadn't someone on the back, then may be he'd be a little quicker ;)

k14
16th August 2005, 17:14
You don't need a GPS, get a bike computer that reads to 300 k's.
Yep I recently got a Cateye Velo 5, does up to 299kph (only cost $39), put it on my rs. Main reason was to keep track of km done but it has a max speed memory. At levels I managed 181.5 top speed. Was good to get an idea of how much difference a slow exit onto the straight changes the top speed, increased by 10kph from first session of the day.

NC
16th August 2005, 17:23
I reckon that I could be almost talked into buying one of these :woohoo:
I'm slowly getting converted :psst:

Lou Girardin
16th August 2005, 17:29
Yep I recently got a Cateye Velo 5, does up to 299kph (only cost $39), put it on my rs. Main reason was to keep track of km done but it has a max speed memory. At levels I managed 181.5 top speed. Was good to get an idea of how much difference a slow exit onto the straight changes the top speed, increased by 10kph from first session of the day.

And if you change the wheel setting you can crack 300 k's and have the evidence to prove it. :first:

madboy
16th August 2005, 17:29
My 02 (admittedly completely friggin different to the 03+) cracks 260 in a controlled rush hour late for work environment. And I know the speedo is about 1k out at 100 (trust me) but as many pointed out the variance later on in the range might be significantly different. Certainly I'd be really surprised if it was 1% out at 260.

Seems 05s have a much better top end though than my 02, either that or they had some anorexic prick like WT riding it.

NC
16th August 2005, 17:31
My 02 (admittedly completely friggin different to the 03+) cracks 260 in a controlled rush hour late for work environment. And I know the speedo is about 1k out at 100 (trust me) but as many pointed out the variance later on in the range might be significantly different. Certainly I'd be really surprised if it was 1% out at 260.

Seems 05s have a much better top end though than my 02, either that or they had some anorexic prick like WT riding it.
It's 'man-orexia'...

White trash
16th August 2005, 19:55
Gotta say, I rode one for a WHOLE LAP of Pukekohe on Friday, and they are by far the best value sportsbike on the market today.

That much bike for $15500 is just unbelievable.

Someone buy Feints for $14K with the cool bits, chuck some race tyres on and it'll be untouchable in the right hands.
Shame it aint a Gixxer.

Quasievil
16th August 2005, 20:44
quasi is a slow old fart on a slower bike.. passed him heaps on sunday, the only one holding the group up! :Pokey:

you cheeky prick, :sherlock: the fact that I was two up with a new passenger on the back has something to do with it I would have thought.
Besides I dont ride fast on the road, I couldnt prove the true might of the 05 on the road, hang on I couldnt do that on the track either:psst:

Quasievil
16th August 2005, 20:47
Gotta say, I rode one for a WHOLE LAP of Pukekohe on Friday, and they are by far the best value sportsbike on the market today.

That much bike for $15500 is just unbelievable.

Someone buy Feints for $14K with the cool bits, chuck some race tyres on and it'll be untouchable in the right hands.
Shame it aint a Gixxer.

Fuck there you have it in writing people a convert !!
Sorry about that Jimmy, I thought there was more than one lap to go, next time you can take it out for longer, promise.

bugjuice
16th August 2005, 20:58
Fuck there you have it in writing people a convert !!
I know, I'm still picking myself up off the floor..
gonna save this thread me thinks..

enigma51
16th August 2005, 21:11
WT what have you done we will never hear the end of it know

20 years later
Now grandson once there was this guy who believed in suzuki and let me tell you something he loved that green kwaka of your grandfather just as much

2_SL0
16th August 2005, 21:12
you cheeky prick, :sherlock: the fact that I was two up with a new passenger on the back has something to do with it I would have thought.
Besides I dont ride fast on the road, I couldnt prove the true might of the 05 on the road, hang on I couldnt do that on the track either:psst:

Dont panick, I think he has us confused. There can be only one slow green Kwaka and thats me.