PDA

View Full Version : BARS in the Naki

DrDarkMatter
19th February 2013, 06:32
so I am riding in to work this morning and a story comes on the radio about BAR's (Born Again Riders) in Taranaki getting into a lot of accidents. 50 years olds who have come back to riding after many years away. Not sure why they are all of a sudden getting into lots of accidents maybe they lost commonsense when they get older lol

The reason this story interested me is because I am a BAR, I hope I have not lost my commonsense and ride sensibly and avoid being a statistic :2thumbsup:headbang:

sinfull
19th February 2013, 06:35
It aint the lack of common sense , it's the reaction speed and the out riding there of !

I try to keep myself sharp by practicing said out riding, often !

FJRider
19th February 2013, 06:40
It's not the one's starting back on 250's ... (on a learners license) It's the fully licensed one's ... starting back on bikes with the big horsepower/weight. (in comparison to the bikes they USED to ride in their day)

DrDarkMatter
19th February 2013, 06:40
It aint the lack of common sense , it's the reaction speed and the out riding there of !

I try to keep myself sharp by practicing said out riding, often !

Hi Sinfull, can you explain further please? "out riding"?

DrDarkMatter
19th February 2013, 06:46
It's not the one's starting back on 250's ... (on a learners license) It's the fully licensed one's ... starting back on bikes with the big horsepower/weight. (in comparison to the bikes they USED to ride in their day)

good point

sinfull
19th February 2013, 06:49
Hi Sinfull, can you explain further please? "out riding"?

eg: You have shit lights but yet you travel faster than the bike will stop in the road you see in front of you ! Ie out ride your lights !

Some folks ability is much the same, they think they have the same reactions they had as a young fella but get a lesson in old age !

DrDarkMatter
19th February 2013, 06:52
eg: You have shit lights but yet you travel faster than the bike will stop in the road you see in front of you ! Ie out ride your lights !

Some folks ability is much the same, they think they have the same reactions they had as a young fella but get a lesson in old age !

ah I see what you mean....

good points to keep in the front of the mind...

sinfull
19th February 2013, 06:55
ah I see what you mean....

good points to keep in the front of the mind...

thanks :2thumbsup Just don't let it take up too much room lol don't know about you but i have nailed quite a number of my brains cells in the last 50 odd years !

DrDarkMatter
19th February 2013, 07:02
Just don't let it take up too much room lol don't know about you but i have nailed quite a number of my brains cells in the last 50 odd years !

lol lol I see you have been talking to my wife lol lol :killingme

FJRider
19th February 2013, 16:15
Just don't let it take up too much room lol don't know about you but i have nailed quite a number of my brains cells in the last 50 odd years !

Some never had a lot to start with ... :psst:

Motu
19th February 2013, 16:56
they think they have the same reactions they had as a young fella !

Their reaction times will be similar to a young fella, but their reaction times to situations won't be the same. A young fella, or an older rider who hasn't given up riding will be able to react to the unexpected much quicker....the Born Again will be well out of their depth. Given more seat time and they will get up to speed.

Road kill
19th February 2013, 17:17
Their reaction times will be similar to a young fella, but their reaction times to situations won't be the same. A young fella, or an older rider who hasn't given up riding will be able to react to the unexpected much quicker....the Born Again will be well out of their depth. Given more seat time and they will get up to speed.

Cool,I was a wondering when a champion would show up.

Would'a said it myself,,,if I was a bit faster<_<

sinfull
19th February 2013, 17:31
speed. Ok ........

Rosso
20th February 2013, 19:05
Bloody hell , I'm heading down to Naki territory tomorrow , and I'm a 69 er , will have to sharpen up after only 25 plus years of ridin . Sounds dangerous country , must be the beer ?

DrDarkMatter
20th February 2013, 19:10
lol lol ya that Mikes is a Killer!

pritch
21st February 2013, 15:39
so I am riding in to work this morning and a story comes on the radio about BAR's (Born Again Riders) in Taranaki getting into a lot of accidents.

Like a lot of things you see or hear in the news there may be less to this than meets the eye. (Or ear?)

While some older riders were killed recently, there is already a thread on KB, I'm not sure they were born agains. Anyway it was no way their fault.

A senior national cop made a bold statement about born agains some time ago. I suspect there is an echo in the Naki. Probably in another :Police:'s head.