PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be back on a bike, or maybe not (stamen)

stamen
21st February 2013, 18:22
i used to ride small 2stroker back at home, my last ride was nsr150 and that was 2010. i am now converting my license (have to take theory and practical exam), and have passed the theory exam, so I've got learner license.

i just bought a bandit 250, but after only one day, problem started to appear, couldn't start it in the morning even with choke, finally got it going after charging the battery. on the way home from office, i stopped by at a bike shop at alicetown, when i wanted to leave, i couldn't start the bike again. the mechanic helped my to jump start the bike, and also checked the current coming into the battery. he suspected the regulator might be faulty. i left the bike at the workshop.

just confirmed today, that the regulator is faulty and the genuine replacement would cost 500$+ :( and might need to be ordered from japan. they said they are sourcing aftermarket regulator and will give the quote.

that's me at the moment.

anyway, happy that i found this site and nice to meet you all :niceone:

ducatilover
21st February 2013, 18:27
Bugger!

Ask them for an aftermarket replacement, that price is just fucking ridiculous mate