PDA

View Full Version : TX650 wiring diagram problem

Brian d marge
23rd February 2013, 00:19
Ok
Tx650 , had to redesign, rewire the thing.All ok apart from the turn signal indicator lamp.

problem I have TWO live wires , one for right , one for left ONE bulb and One earth

so when you power up the right hand circuit , the left hand side is also powered up and visa versa
am I missing some thing here ???

Stephen278928278929

erik
23rd February 2013, 05:47
Are you sure you need the separate ground? From the diagram, it looks like there's just two lives going to the turn indicator bulb, I'd guess the one that's not live goes to ground (ie inside the switch). Or thinking about it some more, the indicator side not in use would be ground anyway just through all the other indicators, so maybe the turn signal indicator current goes through them but just isn't enough to light any of the bulbs? I don't see how else you could connect it because if you had one side of the bulb ground and connected both signal wires to the other side, all the indicators would go at once, I'd think.

FJRider
23rd February 2013, 08:50
The signal indicator light earths out (usually through an earth wire or the mounting screws). So the current wont liven the "other side" ...

Brian d marge
23rd February 2013, 11:56
The signal indicator light earths out (usually through an earth wire or the mounting screws). So the current wont liven the "other side" ...

Both thinking the same as me , one side has a higher resistance than the earth so doesnt light up .
the thing is HOW do I wire that up , the current has got to go through the bulb , ( its an ordinary warning light bulb )

I cant simply wind the 2 live wires together , the bulb earth out through its body , ,,,, I knd of need three wires and only have two this is where I get stumped

Stephen

Ill add some photos later

FJRider
23rd February 2013, 12:17
Both thinking the same as me , one side has a higher resistance than the earth so doesnt light up .
the thing is HOW do I wire that up , the current has got to go through the bulb , ( its an ordinary warning light bulb )

I cant simply wind the 2 live wires together , the bulb earth out through its body , ,,,, I knd of need three wires and only have two this is where I get stumped

Stephen

Ill add some photos later

Two connectors ... two "live" wires and two connectors hopefully. (but only live if an indicator is on) and is earthed by the mounting screws of the indicator repeater/warning light ...

Try it and see. Voltage isn't high enough to blow bulbs or fuses. At worst .... bulbs may glow a bit.

The flasher unit should be wired to both left and right circuit.

gammaguy
23rd February 2013, 18:27
Sounds like someone was using the front indicators as running lights

Brian d marge
23rd February 2013, 20:22
Two connectors ... two "live" wires and two connectors hopefully. (but only live if an indicator is on) and is earthed by the mounting screws of the indicator repeater/warning light ...

Try it and see. Voltage isn't high enough to blow bulbs or fuses. At worst .... bulbs may glow a bit.

The flasher unit should be wired to both left and right circuit.
Be there, and one side , just powers the other side,
The current has to go through the bulb and for the life of me I can't see how
For one circuit its OK but one bulb and two live, I can't see it remember it needs an earth or a lower potential
I'll post a sketch when I get home
Thanks for the help I'm glad all are on the same track and it isn't just me
Stephen

spanner spinner
23rd February 2013, 21:21
The dash bulb gets it earth via the indercator thats not flashing
It gets it earth from the left hand bulb while the right hand bulb is flashing, as the main bulb is such a high wattage compaired to the dash bulb it will not glow. This is quite a common way of wiring up a dash indercator bulb honda use the same system when they are only using one dash indercator bulb. Just connect the two live wires to the dash bulb as per the wiring diagram BUT!!!! dash bulb wattage is cricital if the dash bulb is too high or low in wattage it will either not flash or or will cause all the indercators to flash together.

Hugo Nougo
24th February 2013, 00:59
Spanner spinner you are a legend, finally a response to a technical question that is accurate and succinct.
I spent many hours fucking around with a dog of a tx, and the only thing i learned off of it was patience. If you want to piss around with an old dog then good luck to
you.

Brian d marge
25th February 2013, 23:54
Solved
Thanks FJ and all

I still cant see the current path , but it works so there you go

happy camper

Stephen

imdying
27th February 2013, 09:28
The signal indicator light earths out (usually through an earth wire or the mounting screws). So the current wont liven the "other side" ...This is wrong.

The dash bulb gets it earth via the indercator thats not flashingThis is correct.

As the man says, the wattage of the dash bulb is critical, as it's effectively used as a current limiter which prevents itself from activating both sides at once. It's also the reason you can't replace the single indicator type dash bulbs with a LED (although you can do the indicators themselves).