PDA

View Full Version : Dinner ride tonight

Hitcher
9th January 2004, 15:10
Man has this day got better, or what?

Anybody interested in a run to the top of the 'takas or over the Paekak hill after work? I won't be hurrying, I've got a new Battlax 020 on the back to run in.

Departing Caltex on Hutt Road at 6:00pm for anybody who's interested.
:)

LB
9th January 2004, 15:14
won't be able to make it by 6pm. Do you mean Caltex Rimutaka? We could be there shortly after 6pm - but not sure if the other half has anything else planned. Go without us if we're not there by 6.05pm (I can't BELIEVE how the weather has fined up so much!!!) We might come up to the summit of the Takas a bit later perhaps.

Hitcher
9th January 2004, 15:19
won't be able to make it by 6pm. Do you mean Caltex Rimutaka? We could be there shortly after 6pm - but not sure if the other half has anything else planned. Go without us if we're not there by 6.05pm (I can't BELIEVE how the weather has fined up so much!!!) We might come up to the summit of the Takas a bit later perhaps.
I had meant Caltex Hutt Road, but if I scank off a little earlier than usual I could do Caltex Rimutaka at 6pm (I presume you mean the one on SH2 at the top end of Upper Hutt??
:eek:

LB
9th January 2004, 15:22
Probably best to leave it at Caltex Hutt Road (I'd forgotten that it existed!) at 6pm for you and anyone else. If we can make it we'll join you at Caltex Rimutaka, north end of Upper Hutt on SH2. If we can make it we'll need gas so will fill up and wait for you there. If we're not there go without us. I'll be the one with the floppy dalmation ears......

LB
9th January 2004, 16:27
Hitcher: just got home (5.30pm), not able to go now sorry. Have a good ride.

Lynda

Hitcher
12th January 2004, 11:28
Hitcher: just got home (5.30pm), not able to go now sorry. Have a good ride.

Lynda
I had a blast. Went to the top of the 'takas and warmed your "throne" for about a quarter of an hour. The wind near the top was exciting!

The new rear Battlax is now well run in and ready for this Friday's excursion to Taranaki. It is a shame that road now has no real corners...
:weep:

LB
12th January 2004, 17:09
I had a blast. Went to the top of the 'takas and warmed your "throne" for about a quarter of an hour. The wind near the top was exciting!

Hi Hitcher - I thought it was still warm when I got up there first thing Sat morning. Thanks!!!