PDA

View Full Version : RiDe ThIs SuNdAy

andy1
9th January 2004, 17:59
going for a fast pace blast this sunday dunno where yet tho, depends on weather if its not too hot then we be blasting the coro loop, or whanga.
meet at a bakery on Quay st next to mcdonalds and KFC at 10:00 leave at 10:15, or clevedon shell around 10:30. hope to see u there!
cheers :)

andy1
11th January 2004, 07:39
weather is mint! :rockon:

wari
11th January 2004, 07:55
Andrew might be interested Andy1 ...

andrews post (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1566)

bluninja
11th January 2004, 14:08
going for a fast pace blast this sunday dunno where yet tho, depends on weather if its not too hot then we be blasting the coro loop, or whanga.
meet at a bakery on Quay st next to mcdonalds and KFC at 10:00 leave at 10:15, or clevedon shell around 10:30. hope to see u there!
Delayed by kids :angry2: didn't get to the Shell till 10:40....nobody there so I carried on. Obviously too slow to catch anyone ahead. Stopped at the pub after the Kopu bridge and was told about 30 riders had gone through 30 minutes before. Stopped and had a ginger beer and chatted to another rider that was telling me the tar was all melted in places in the loop. So decided to shorten the trip and return home. Whilst chilling saw an accident at the T junction. Car starts to turn right into the path of an oncoming car. Car brakes ...smack. Nobody seriously injured, though the passenger of the car going straight on was complaining her chest hurt. So if a turning car doesn't see a car coming the other way, what chance a bike.

Roads were pretty busy on the way home. As I went up SH1 it looked like Andy and another rider exiting Autobhan southbound around 2 pm.

Well I can chill this afternoon, clean and fettle the bike and be ready for another blast.

Lou Girardin
11th January 2004, 16:39
Darwin will not be denied!
Lou

Kwaka-Kid
11th January 2004, 22:08
well Andrew and I did our own ride today, around 1pm, the usual clevedon kaiaua loop... great ride but due to stinking hot and slippery tar we couldnt push anything too much... One thing i was incredibly impressed about (aside from all other aspects of your riding andrew) was his takeoff's! dunno if its him or the bike but i was hard pressed to get a bike length in on the 400! and how that 250 ran... mm goes quicker then i rememberd in the last kb ride.

-argh and to think so many KB'ers out riding, shoulda just tried txting you blu, coulda caught up and joined in on the ride.. and riddin for longer... Oh and FF i bloody blame you for making me ride today and not going home to gf and blah blah (heh thanks dude! just remember your my excuse)

Drunken Monkey
11th January 2004, 22:17
Damn - missed them all! Had some troublesome rear calipers that didn't want to bleed properly - i think i spent about 2 hours pumping the brake by hand with the brake fluid moving backwards and forwards the same amount :(

All sorted for track day on Friday now tho!

Firefight
12th January 2004, 15:21
One thing i was incredibly impressed about (aside from all other aspects of your riding andrew) was his takeoff's! dunno if its him or the bike but i was hard pressed to get a bike length in on the 400! and how that 250 ran... mm goes quicker then i rememberd in the last kb ride.
Humm, wonder why that is ??. could it be something to do with who his regular ride mate is ?? :crazy: Btw KK, I thought we were going to change your name to rookie firefight??,.

Cheers F/F :innocent:

Kwaka-Kid
13th January 2004, 06:36
haha! hell that was soooo much fun! but hard work, my skinny white ass can barely hal that breathing aperatus... -oh yeah, and why cant i change the text under my name anymore? cant find it in new options...

Kwaka-Kid
13th January 2004, 23:20
heya FireFight, here are the pics of your R6, well only 1 but i resized the smaller one to fit as ur Avatar... sorry its got stuffed up colours on handlebars, it was a stinking hot and bright day and the Sony Erricson T610 camera doesnt seem to handle in those conditions... also made the image rounded... interesting.

Firefight
14th January 2004, 21:00
heya FireFight, here are the pics of your R6, well only 1 but i resized the smaller one to fit as ur Avatar... sorry its got stuffed up colours on handlebars, it was a stinking hot and bright day and the Sony Erricson T610 camera doesnt seem to handle in those conditions... also made the image rounded... interesting.

Thanks mate, got no idea how to get it up into left hand corner as my Avitywhatsamgig thing, guess someone will sort it ? while they do 'I;ll just go for another ride :wavey:

SP2
14th January 2004, 23:01

Didn't know a fast pace was possible on a 250 four

Coldkiwi
15th January 2004, 15:13
Didn't know a fast pace was possible on a 250 four

go riding with Andy1 and you'll be pleasently surprised... if you both survive! :)

andy1
15th January 2004, 21:38
SP2 if u wanna keep pace with me u gonna need to use rossi's bike to keep up with me. i make the big boys look like grannies! ask marmoot he'll tell ya! :devil2:

sayounara

Kwaka-Kid
15th January 2004, 22:51
and hes modest!

andy1
16th January 2004, 17:04
:yes: ................

SP2
16th January 2004, 17:24
Well I was looking like returning to NZ, but things seem to have changed for now. Perhaps you can tell all your mates that the ex racer on the SP2 is staying in Australia because he's too scared to front up and get whipped :sweatdrop

andy1
16th January 2004, 17:45
Well, i hope u can return to NZ soon, because im leaving to Japan (Hello Suzuka)
I would like to add a SP2 to my list of bikes blasted by a 250 :laugh: The list just gets bigger and bigger every weekend.
Maybe another time? :bye:

andy1
16th January 2004, 17:48
oh, and ask some other ex racers or racers to come over to nz too. the more bikes the better! :whistle:

SP2
16th January 2004, 19:50
Well, i hope u can return to NZ soon, because im leaving to Japan (Hello Suzuka)
I would like to add a SP2 to my list of bikes blasted by a 250 :laugh: The list just gets bigger and bigger every weekend.
Maybe another time? :bye:

You know what they say - some people are dreamers, they live for the future.

wkid_one
16th January 2004, 22:10
You know what they say - some people are dreamers, they live for the future. LOL- and other people say that those who live 1200km away from proving themselves right have no basis of argument. Having ridden with Andy - I would put odds on he could storm the SP2......shit - it is only a heavy 130hp Twin at the end of the day - he has snotted well more powerful and lighter bikes than this.

Now a question - why an SP2??? This isn't a smart arsed question - as I previously owned a VTR = so know the twin allure. Just with the cost of the SP2 - you could get a hell quicker multi with shit loads of change in the back pocket? At the end of the day it is just a jap twin? I know the whole ex-racer/race bike argument....but surely bang for your buck dictates a multi (R1, GSXR, 954 et al) have got to be a better buy? I have never understood the pricing of the SP1/SP2.....

Makes little sense to me - as for the cost of your SP2 - I coulda fruited the bejesus out of my R1 (which out of the box is quick enuf)...still it takes all sorts. Nice looking bike - test rode one before I bought the R1.....just didn't ring my bells.......

marty
16th January 2004, 22:28
Makes little sense to me - as for the cost of your SP2 - I coulda fruited the bejesus out of my R1 (which out of the box is quick enuf).........

only for it to be biffed down the road :)

ouch

andy1
16th January 2004, 22:46
:ar15: SP2

:beer:

Now when i think of it. i dont think i would bother riding with a SP2 they to big and slow, just waste my petrol!!!!!! they made for motorways. i bet u can ride really really fast on the straights :rolleyes: , but once i get ya in the corner bye bye

Kwaka-Kid
16th January 2004, 23:24
andy1 - do you race at all?.. or have you been to many pukekohe open days? what sorta times do you run around there if so? or taupo, if ya got your race licence you should come to taupo for sunday and enter F3, clean us all up :D

wkid_one
17th January 2004, 07:58
only for it to be biffed down the road :)

ouch
Yeah - exactly.....:(:( Thank god I didn't fruit the bejesus out of it then.......just a little.

wkid_one
17th January 2004, 10:01
Speaking of SP2 - they have a new colour scheme for 04 (pity the bike is the same tho?!?!?!)

Marmoot
17th January 2004, 10:16
SP2 if u wanna keep pace with me u gonna need to use rossi's bike to keep up with me. i make the big boys look like grannies! ask marmoot he'll tell ya! :devil2:

sayounara

Well, what do I know? I'm just a granny. :innocent:

andy1
17th January 2004, 11:37
ok ok. im sorry. im really SLOW because im on a 250. still a man can dream!
:rolleyes: