PDA

View Full Version : Happy happy Grandpappy!

Edbear
28th February 2013, 12:00
Youngest daughter just sent us this scan! Simply getting pregnant was a miracle in itself as she never thought she would have children due to medical issues.

My Baby is having a Baby! :2thumbsup

bluninja
28th February 2013, 12:13
That's great for you. Happy for your daughter too, I can imagine her joy at conceiving after a struggle with known medical issues.

Edbear
3rd March 2013, 11:16
We watched the DVD of the scan on Friday night. Just incredible to see the wee baby moving and it's little heart hammering away! Makes you feel very humble to appreciate what a true miracle making another human is.

Counting toes and fingers, watching it suck its thumb and kicking its little legs! Almost fully formed at 12wks! Its spine still divided like a zip as it hasn't yet fused together! Absolutely amazing!

Madness
3rd March 2013, 11:19
Congratulations and good luck for a smooth pregnancy. It'd suck if it needed a blood transfusion.

Edbear
3rd March 2013, 11:38
An issue very unlikely to arise and if you catch up with the latest medical info, the Docs who are up to date now seek to avoid giving blood if at all possible as it is inherently dangerous. Other forms of treatment are now more effective and much safer.

It is an issue we make sure we know as much about as possible. Jen has two congenital conditions that make this vital and will be very closely monitored during her pregnancy.

dino3310
3rd March 2013, 15:20
Congrat's EDbear :2thumbsup

best wishes to ya girl and baby

caseye
3rd March 2013, 17:04
Hey there granddaddy to be, good news! It'll happen good mate, got this far all by itself aye!

Edbear
3rd March 2013, 17:43
Thanks guys. Yep, eldest daughter has our two grandsons aged 7 and 1 but with Jen's issues she was almost resigned to not being able to have children. To have it occur naturally is a true miracle and I know another couple where the girl has one similar problem,who have been waiting three years so far and are still hoping for a similar miracle.