PDA

View Full Version : Man defrauds ACC of $350,000, jailed

mashman
1st March 2013, 14:59
Slap him with a wet bus ticket and let him go (http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/irn-acc-fraud-004743041.html) ... gotta giggle at the amount of reparation and have to have a roar at them telling him that he has to pay it back (plus 10k) given that he's a non-earner :killingme. How are we ever going to deal with such heinous crimes that destroy the lives of, erm, 1.

Haggis2
1st March 2013, 16:09
They'll teach him his lesson by putting up OUR levies - that'll learn him

Akzle
1st March 2013, 16:26
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

another brilliant maneuver by "the crown" for the good of society.

good fucking deal, voters!

Laava
1st March 2013, 17:53
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

another brilliant maneuver by "the crown" for the good of society.

good fucking deal, voters!

So what do you think they should have done with him?

Deano
1st March 2013, 17:57

Publically flay him as an example to others. Then shoot him.

mashman
1st March 2013, 18:01

My money is on Akzle saying that they should make him the head of an SoE so he can rort the system legally.

slofox
1st March 2013, 18:05
He could always repay it at $10.00 per week. Only take 692 and a bit years...:whistle:

Deano
1st March 2013, 18:05
My money is on Akzle saying that they should make him the head of an SoE so he can rort the system legally.
But he got caught....fail.

mashman
1st March 2013, 18:07
But he got caught....fail.

After 10 years... how many CEO's last 10 years in an SoE? In fact a month as ACC CEO would see him right for repaying his fine

Deano
1st March 2013, 18:11
After 10 years... how many CEO's last 10 years in an SoE? In fact a month as ACC CEO would see him right for repaying his fine

I'd rather be racing than doing time myself.

mashman
1st March 2013, 18:18
I'd rather be racing than doing time myself.

heh... I would imagine that most of us would too :laugh:

Akzle
1st March 2013, 19:54

oh he should definitely be punished. because punishing people who infringe legislation is such an effective way of making society better.

Road kill
1st March 2013, 20:18
heh... I would imagine that most of us would too :laugh:

12 months for $300 odd thousand that you never really will pay back is not bad if fuck all else is happening in your life anyway.

I can think of a few times I would of taken those odds.

Actually,with the current gov't selling the country,importing other countries losers to take "real" kiwi's jobs and ACC being nothing but lying cheating vermin anyway,,,I say good on the guy,,,at lest somebody without a shiny arse and a suit got something off the pricks.

An you can all forget about the big tax bill that comes with it,,,you were always going to get that no matter what.

hey here's a sugestion,,,somebody call the police,,,:killingme

Laava
1st March 2013, 20:19
oh he should definitely be punished. because punishing people who infringe legislation is such an effective way of making society better.

So you have no idea then? But you think he should have no punishment?

mashman
1st March 2013, 20:30
12 months for $300 odd thousand that you never really will pay back is not bad if fuck all else is happening in your life anyway.

I can think of a few times I would of taken those odds.

Actually,with the current gov't selling the country,importing other countries losers to take "real" kiwi's jobs and ACC being nothing but lying cheating vermin anyway,,,I say good on the guy,,,at lest somebody without a shiny arse and a suit got something off the pricks.

An you can all forget about the big tax bill that comes with it,,,you were always going to get that no matter what.

hey here's a sugestion,,,somebody call the police,,,:killingme

Aye... I'm surprised they didn't tag on his 90k per year housing fee he's about to receive. It's be cheaper to give him the dole... but lessons must be handed out. Like the builder fulla that was up for fraud to dodge hide hos $10 million debt getting home detention. Oh hang on, that's not the same because he was in business and trying to make a go of things, so that's ok :facepalm:

Mom
1st March 2013, 20:36
Jail! His defrauding of the system means ACC make less money for the crown, meaning we pay more levies.

A little bit (or a large leap if you prefer) like the innocent biker having to pay more levy because we "cost" more.

I reckon he should be charged (along with anyone else that defruades the system) an elevated levy contribution for the rest of his life.

Akzle
2nd March 2013, 16:27
So you have no idea then? But you think he should have no punishment?
i haven't actually read the article, due to the astounding amount of shit i don't give.

if "justice" was applied across the board fairly, then sure, jail him, and every corporate who's dodged taxes, scammed the system etc.

as it is, the whole system is fucked, he found a way to exploit it, good on him. it's what politicians do daily, and no-one's offering them jail.

jailing him will cost the taxpayer. and really, only serves to remind taxpayers to keep paying tax.

so who benefits from him being in the pokey?

to answer your question directly: no, i don't think he's done anyone any harm, and thus is not a criminal, and thus does not need any kind of "justice" applied to him.

Jail! His defrauding of the system means ACC make less money for the crown, meaning we pay more levies.

A little bit (or a large leap if you prefer) like the innocent biker having to pay more levy because we "cost" more.

I reckon he should be charged (along with anyone else that defruades the system) an elevated levy contribution for the rest of his life.

hahahahahhahhahahhahhhaaah.

then where would his motivation be to be a productive and contributing member of your fabulous society? surely, if they're just going to take X% more off him, he's better on the dole, where the X% is YOUR X%.

"the innocent" will be co-erced into paying more (for everything) as far and fast as the government can get it out of you. don't think this one guy has anything to do with it.
he's being made an example of for exactly that reason: to incense you into a position of moral righteousness, and scare you into keeping yourself gainfully employed, and paying tax/levies, like a good little subject of the state.

FJRider
2nd March 2013, 17:07

1. ACC spent more money than they should have ... if they did their job an checked all the details of the guy, and compared them with other government agencies (like IRD) ... BEFORE they paid out any money ... there would be no issue.
ACC still receives the same income from the usual sources. (But certainly doesn't "make less" because of this guys actions)
If you want to pay smaller ACC levies with your Rego ... buy a smaller bike.

2. "Innocent Biker" ... ??? :killingme

3. He got 3 years jail (probably serve 1 year). He will have pay the money back (probably from from his Benefit after they let him out of jail). and you want him to pay more .. ??
The next time he "needs" ACC assistance ... he will be checked pretty dam carefully ... and his court conviction will never go away. (not that he could afford to travel overseas anyway)

It's just another Fraud case ... who he defrauded is not the issue. A white collar crime by a blue collar worker. And was caught.

bogan
2nd March 2013, 17:09
i haven't actually read the article, due to the astounding amount of shit i don't give.

I haven't actually read your post, due to the astounding amount of shits I don't give.

You see how uninformed arseholes don't really contribute anything of value to a thread?

Akzle
2nd March 2013, 17:21
You see how uninformed arseholes don't really contribute anything of value to a thread?

yes, you demonstrated it perfectly. :niceone:

Laava
2nd March 2013, 21:30

if "justice" was applied across the board fairly, then sure, jail him, and every corporate who's dodged taxes, scammed the system etc.

as it is, the whole system is fucked, he found a way to exploit it, good on him. it's what politicians do daily, and no-one's offering them jail.

jailing him will cost the taxpayer. and really, only serves to remind taxpayers to keep paying tax.

so who benefits from him being in the pokey?

to answer your question directly: no, i don't think he's done anyone any harm, and thus is not a criminal, and thus does not need any kind of "justice" applied to him.

hahahahahhahhahahhahhhaaah.

then where would his motivation be to be a productive and contributing member of your fabulous society? surely, if they're just going to take X% more off him, he's better on the dole, where the X% is YOUR X%.

"the innocent" will be co-erced into paying more (for everything) as far and fast as the government can get it out of you. don't think this one guy has anything to do with it.
he's being made an example of for exactly that reason: to incense you into a position of moral righteousness, and scare you into keeping yourself gainfully employed, and paying tax/levies, like a good little subject of the state.

So you obviously would have no qualms about defrauding the welfare system either then? In fact you appear to support the guy? So what steps have you taken to increase your welfare benefit payout then? Come on be honest. I won,t dob you in!
Remember, OUR fabulous society is the one that pays your benefit so I feel entitled to know what you are doing with it. Esp all the extra that you may or may not be entitled to!

Akzle
3rd March 2013, 06:43
So you obviously would have no qualms about defrauding the welfare system either then? In fact you appear to support the guy? So what steps have you taken to increase your welfare benefit payout then? Come on be honest. I won,t dob you in!
Remember, OUR fabulous society is the one that pays your benefit so I feel entitled to know what you are doing with it. Esp all the extra that you may or may not be entitled to!

i haven't defrauded any welfare system... believe me, there's no extras the way i'm living...

Banditbandit
4th March 2013, 10:20
I don't get this bit ... from the article ...

An investigation revealed Millin was in fact a non-earner before his accident and therefore not entitled to earnings-related compensation.

The 46-year-old also attempted to get his employer to support his false claims.

If he was a non-earner why did he have an employer? If he had an employer why was he a non-earner ???

mashman
4th March 2013, 13:37
I don't get this bit ... from the article ...

If he was a non-earner why did he have an employer? If he had an employer why was he a non-earner ???

Keep up FFS, read the article again, this time slowly and without the anger that you're obviously harbouring towards the guy.

Banditbandit
4th March 2013, 15:00
Keep up FFS, read the article again, this time slowly and without the anger that you're obviously harbouring towards the guy.

No .. sorry - still don't get it ... yes, if he ripped us off I'm pissed at him ... but I still don't get it - he was either an earner or not - had an employer or not ... if he had an employer why was he a "non-earner" .. no-one is employed for nothing .. that's illegal too ...

Zedder
4th March 2013, 15:26
No .. sorry - still don't get it ... yes, if he ripped us off I'm pissed at him ... but I still don't get it - he was either an earner or not - had an employer or not ... if he had an employer why was he a "non-earner" .. no-one is employed for nothing .. that's illegal too ...

As I understand it, he wasn't working for the carpet laying company at the time of the accident but told ACC he was.

He then got a job with the carpet laying company and tried to get his employer to lie to ACC and say he was working for them when he had the accident.

scumdog
4th March 2013, 15:33
[COLOR="#139922"]

Hmmm, $350,000 = cost of keeping him in jail for more three years..

So who gets the change?

Motig
4th March 2013, 15:56
Very unjust sentencing. If he'd been a finance company director who ripped of investors he'd be doing home detention. Talk about a biased justice system.

mashman
4th March 2013, 17:07

Let's go with what Zedder said below, cos I honestly don't have a clue either :cool:... and to be honest, don't really care what his circumstances were. He got caught, bummer, give him the wet bus ticket and keep an eye on the dodgy fucker, end of... is about as far as I care to dig into it.

As I understand it, he wasn't working for the carpet laying company at the time of the accident but told ACC he was.

He then got a job with the carpet laying company and tried to get his employer to lie to ACC and say he was working for them when he had the accident.

So who gets the change?

You do. I need a knife, a tourniquet and a pretty dress in the colour of your choice.

scumdog
4th March 2013, 19:56
You do. I need a knife, a tourniquet and a pretty dress in the colour of your choice.

So, when you have turned yourself into a woman will I enjoy your posts on KB a whole lot more???:whistle:

mashman
4th March 2013, 20:34
So, when you have turned yourself into a woman will I enjoy your posts on KB a whole lot more???:whistle:

Nope, but you'll be less likely to rape me :banana:

scumdog
4th March 2013, 20:41
Nope, but you'll be less likely to rape me :banana:
Me?

I'm just worried about what '307a has not made any friends yet' is going to do to me.

He said he's coming to get me when he sent the red bling!!:lol:

Mashy, you have a fan - an insane one but still, he's a fan!!:laugh:

mashman
4th March 2013, 20:50
Me?

I'm just worried about what 307a is going to do to me.

He said he's coming to get me when he sent the red bling!!:lol:

Mashy, you have a fan - an insane one but still, he's a fan!!:laugh:

Did I quote someone else?

That does sound like a cell number

WTF!!!!!!!! No doubt they'll bang me up for that.

I dunno who should be more worried :rofl: