PDA

View Full Version : Coming out from hibernation

The Singing Chef
3rd March 2013, 18:16
Hey guys,

Haven't been on for awhile for various reasons, one of which is because I have 2 jobs now which leaves me with no time for the all consuming KB.

Though I do come with a favour to ask.

I am part of the Facebook page and website - NZBlokes.co.nz (https://www.facebook.com/nzblokes)where I am writing all of their bike and food related articles among other things.
I have set up a community page as another part of NZBlokes called - New Zealand Motorbike Riders - https://www.facebook.com/NZriders
Looking to make the page a lot bigger so if you who have Facebook could throw a like on there, it would be much appreciated. :2thumbsup

I also have a couple of articles which may or may not be of interest to you, but if you want to check them out, here are the links.

http://nzblokes.co.nz/the-reason-i-ride-a-motorbike/

http://nzblokes.co.nz/speeding-is-it-the-real-issue/

I'll be hovering around a bit more now to keep up to date with motorcycle related events and general KB antics and shit fests.

Many thanks

Matt

nzmikey
3rd March 2013, 18:50
Na cant be arsed .... you know what I am like .

:corn:

hayd3n
3rd March 2013, 19:17
get a motorbike

Grizzo
3rd March 2013, 19:17
Don't do the fuckbook thing, but welcome back.

The Singing Chef
3rd March 2013, 19:20
Don't do the fuckbook thing, but welcome back.

Haha thanks. Have needed my dose of KB for awhile.

Road kill
3rd March 2013, 20:49
Interesting site but man that "why I ride a bike" is a load of new age man moisturiser dribble.

The Singing Chef
3rd March 2013, 20:51
Interesting site but man that "why I ride a bike" is a load of new age man moisturiser dribble.

How is that exactly, Road Kill?

huff3r
3rd March 2013, 21:16
Chucked a like to the main site, and had to like the zombie squad too. My Rangie is basically my Zombie Apocalypse Escape Vehicle.

The Singing Chef
3rd March 2013, 21:28
Chucked a like to the main site, and had to like the zombie squad too. My Rangie is basically my Zombie Apocalypse Escape Vehicle.

Cheers mate, haha what have you done to the Zombie Ranger?

huff3r
3rd March 2013, 21:58
Cheers mate, haha what have you done to the Zombie Ranger?

Just some Zombie Family stickers so far. Plans are for a fridge and roof-racks, and some serious Zombie slaying bull-bars.

The Singing Chef
3rd March 2013, 22:25
Just some Zombie Family stickers so far. Plans are for a fridge and roof-racks, and some serious Zombie slaying bull-bars.

Sweet, sounds like it will be a pretty good little unit. The Zombie slaying bull bars sound good, you going with the spiked option? ;)

Zedder
4th March 2013, 09:23
While I'm not into Facebook, I had a look at the site Matt. There's certainly some hardcase things on there.

The "reason I ride " article was interesting and I could identify with some aspects of it. After all, it's a personal thing like all interests/hobbies.

As far as the "speeding is it the real issue?" goes, it's always going to be controversial especially with the focus on fining speedsters. I'm all for training/upskilling anyway regardless of the speeding topic.

Good on ya for keeping up with your writing.

Banditbandit
4th March 2013, 10:08
OK site - who's the next "Babe of the Week" ??? It's running a bit behind .. (no pun intended)

ducatilover
4th March 2013, 10:48

:headbang: Sick, got pics bro?

Scuba_Steve
4th March 2013, 11:21
"speeding" write-up not bad, but the end definitely comes as a be careful what you wish for.
While in theory "professional trainers" should be better than parents & in some cases they are, there's alot that are much worse. Hearing just how they're teaching my mates to drive I'd never want to send my kids to them.
I don't think I'd be as good as I am had I gone "professional" but then my parents had an interest in teaching me & that right there is the problem with most parents they have no interest in driving so the interest in teaching is the same.
But this is where the licensing system should come in, it should not allow those who can't drive to drive regardless of who taught them. It is the licencing system that fails us time & time again, it is the licencing system that's the problem, it's the licencing system that needs fixing & could quite easily be fixed if the dictators in charge cared about safety more than money

*should be noted I am talking about NZTA approved/endorsed training here

Maha
4th March 2013, 11:38
Get a bike Matt, we need an *EFE on tour. We have a FLO sorted. :cool:

*Egg Flipping Engineer.

The Singing Chef
4th March 2013, 16:00
OK site - who's the next "Babe of the Week" ??? It's running a bit behind .. (no pun intended)

The new Babe of the Week is up now. http://nzblokes.co.nz/botw-sylvia/

The Singing Chef
4th March 2013, 16:01
Get a bike Matt, we need an *EFE on tour. We have a FLO sorted. :cool:

*Egg Flipping Engineer.

Haha working on it, should be reviewing them etc... soon and with extra money coming in from writing should be able to afford a new one soon :D Have missed you hooligans!

The Singing Chef
4th March 2013, 16:15
"speeding" write-up not bad, but the end definitely comes as a be careful what you wish for.
While in theory "professional trainers" should be better than parents & in some cases they are, there's alot that are much worse. Hearing just how they're teaching my mates to drive I'd never want to send my kids to them.
I don't think I'd be as good as I am had I gone "professional" but then my parents had an interest in teaching me & that right there is the problem with most parents they have no interest in driving so the interest in teaching is the same.
But this is where the licensing system should come in, it should not allow those who can't drive to drive regardless of who taught them. It is the licencing system that fails us time & time again, it is the licencing system that's the problem, it's the licencing system that needs fixing & could quite easily be fixed if the dictators in charge cared about safety more than money

*should be noted I am talking about NZTA approved/endorsed training here

That is a good point, perhaps a stricter testing standard applicable to the testers themselves?

And yea the licensing system should be catching more muppets out, though with the new switcheroo of restricted and full license tests, there has been a huge rise in fail rates. Which is good.

And yea was going to touch on the money area of things in that article but decided to take it out as it was better left saved for another publication or article.

huff3r
4th March 2013, 20:30
:headbang: Sick, got pics bro?

Only this at the moment, the GF has it for the next 3 weeks while she is away. 3.5 V8 Auto, 1987 Vogue. Already has the light-protectors to prevent zombie bones destroying the (rare and expensive) headlights and tail-lights.

The Singing Chef
4th March 2013, 21:11
Only this at the moment, the GF has it for the next 3 weeks while she is away. 3.5 V8 Auto, 1987 Vogue. Already has the light-protectors to prevent zombie bones destroying the (rare and expensive) headlights and tail-lights.

I can see the beginning of a seriously awesome Zombie assault vehicle ;)

ducatilover
5th March 2013, 08:25

:devil2: Mi gusta
Loves me an old 3.5

Road kill
5th March 2013, 17:42
How is that exactly, Road Kill?

Because it's been done to death by every bikie wannabe a Poet out there,,,what's next ?,,,Sunsets and the north wind blowing across the mountains while the snow goose flies by.:killingme

Still,,,cool site other than the little gay effort:bleh:

cc rider
5th March 2013, 23:06
Hey Matt how's it going? Was cool to catch up at York Street Mechanics. Will go send a 'Like'.
Always happy to suport a KBer's ventures.
Keep up the good work, who knows where it'll take you :D

ciao
CC

The Singing Chef
6th March 2013, 15:25
Because it's been done to death by every bikie wannabe a Poet out there,,,what's next ?,,,Sunsets and the north wind blowing across the mountains while the snow goose flies by.:killingme

Still,,,cool site other than the little gay effort:bleh:

Each to their own, others enjoyed reading it, which is all that matters. Can't please everyone ;)

Thanks as well, a lot of effort goes into getting content for all of the pages and articles.

Hey Matt how's it going? Was cool to catch up at York Street Mechanics. Will go send a 'Like'.
Always happy to suport a KBer's ventures.
Keep up the good work, who knows where it'll take you :D

ciao
CC

Yea was great to catch up, sorry I couldn't find you at Battle of the Streets, was a busy man that day.

And thank you very much :)