PDA

View Full Version : Cheeeeep Hi-Vis vests

skelstar
16th August 2005, 09:27
My safety concious and often run over bicycling workmate has informed me (and displayed to me) of a hi-vis vest that Placemakers are selling for $10!!! He bought it from the Porirua branch so one has to assume that other branches have them too. It looks pretty reasonable, velcro attachment but the reflective stuff looks really good. Im thinking that I might jury rig one around my pack rather than wear one.

Lucyloo
16th August 2005, 09:34
My safety concious and often run over bicycling workmate has informed me (and displayed to me) of a hi-vis vest that Placemakers are selling for $10!!! He bought it from the Porirua branch so one has to assume that other branches have them too. It looks pretty reasonable, velcro attachment but the reflective stuff looks really good. Im thinking that I might jury rig one around my pack rather than wear one.

I have used one of these vest. They are available at Placemakers nationwide. The actual vest is ok, but the reflective coating started to peel off quite quickly.

FROSTY
16th August 2005, 21:01
yep these are the ones i bought for the track day--i bought about 20 of them.

MadDuck
16th August 2005, 21:38
Yep they are available at PlaceMakers nationwide in both sexy yellow and the somewhat yukky orange.

Bear in mind though that they are primarily designed for static roadside workers and site managers and not speeding mtorcyclists hence the reflective coating will give way under the "G" forces of riding

cant believe you bought 20 without giving me a call Frosty