PDA

View Full Version : Crankshaft repairs? And parts wanted (fixing my 2003 YamahaR6 racebike)

bounce
5th March 2013, 21:29
Heya.
the engine developed a nasty rasping pinging sound at a recent track day.

Pulling the engine apart (ok I removed the fairing, which we can agree is the hard part - then watched a friend finish the disassembly) revealing that the bottom end of one of the conrods has sustained damage and also the crank shaft has a bit of scarring as well.
My mate thinks the crank might be able to be repairable. Any ideas on who can take a look at it and maybe machine it in the Wellington region?

also I'll need piston, rings, conrod, shells, and head gasket if anybody has parts for a yamaha R6 2003 :D

Cheers
Ben

actungbaby
7th March 2013, 22:10
Heya.
the engine developed a nasty rasping pinging sound at a recent track day.

Pulling the engine apart (ok I removed the fairing, which we can agree is the hard part - then watched a friend finish the disassembly) revealing that the bottom end of one of the conrods has sustained damage and also the crank shaft has a bit of scarring as well.
My mate thinks the crank might be able to be repairable. Any ideas on who can take a look at it and maybe machine it in the Wellington region?

also I'll need piston, rings, conrod, shells, and head gasket if anybody has parts for a yamaha R6 2003 :D

Cheers
Ben

Got qouted 500.00 for vt 250 cranshaft thought was okay price guy talked being 100 % after

Cold welded built up the con rod bearing if the crank bearing are okay might just be okay with new bearing shells unless it worn beyond the service limits .. if just machine to take out scuffs it be less id though. or you chould have machine slighty smaller then u whould need over sized bearing shells on that side

R6_kid
8th March 2013, 21:35
Buy a new motor. Search on ebay.com - known as R6S over there. Will likely be cheaper to source a complete low mileage motor out of the US than it would be to buy a replacement crank and make it all work. I had to replace a crank on my GSXR1000K4 and that was $1500 with free labour.