PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Degree

Edbear
7th March 2013, 06:40
Anyone watch it last night? Any thoughts on the wheel clamper?

Haggis2
7th March 2013, 06:43
A lot of over reaction from all parties involved. Basically don't park illegally and you won't get clamped ay - disclaimer, as long as there is adequate signage etc

Grubber
7th March 2013, 06:44
Seemed to me like he was just doing his job and many people of some authority had it all wrong. Was a bit disappointing to see police behaving in that manner to be fair. I did actually have more respect for them prior to this.
Not to mention Harry Dunghoven!:mad:

trustme
7th March 2013, 07:14
The old bag with the hand bag should be charged with assault. The 2 cops that make threats re police assistance when he needs it have some questions to answer. I don't think I'd be unclamping the plain cop car given the plods attitude, why would he cut them slack when they are being obstructive.
I can't believe I am sticking up for the parking Nazis, I've abused a few but never attacked them or obstructed them from doing their job.

scott411
7th March 2013, 07:21
I can't beleive that i am sticking up for parking clamping swine as well,

but the New Plymouth Police do not come up that well in the story, it would have been good to hear from the people that contract the clamper to see if they had to say about his work,

And the old bag was pretty dam nasty

thought the Anna Guy bit was a bit over the top, but it does not look like we have seen the last of her,

all in all, better than 7 sharp, but that was not that hard,

Edbear
7th March 2013, 08:45
I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed here.

What frustrates me a lot is that the obvious questions are not asked! The offenders, and we must call them that, are parking illegally for Pete's sake! What do the police do about that? What do the offender's think about the fact they are illegally parking?

Is no-one going to make these points????

The old lady was a fiery old bird but understandable if the police had advised her wrongly! I sympathise for her and Clouts.

Why hadn't the message been made plain to the officers that his job was lawful? I do understand the officers' attitude given the misinformation they were given but do NOT condone their behaviour, esp. the Station Commander.

huff3r
7th March 2013, 10:38
I found it was very biased, especially seeing as it was only using his footage of incidents, and only fairly recent footage as well. He has a long and well-deserved reputation of being nasty and unfair, but of course he would never give TV3 the footage from the encounters he comes off badly in would he?

And of course the average victim (not talking those who abuse him, but rather those whom he is known to have harassed) doesn't carry a video camera around with them to record the interaction.

Also a bit rude of him to continue to try and clamp the ladies car while she was right there, he couldn't have just let her off with a stern warning, and told her to f off?

Strangely enough it was more biased than the normal 6pm news hour, which is rather unusual! They didn't even try to get both sides of the story, it was just a sob story for him.

Edit: Also it's New Plymouth, not Auckland. Parking is not that hard to come by!

paturoa
7th March 2013, 11:00
Any links for an on-line version?

bluninja
7th March 2013, 11:17
You can view it on TV3 catchup. The "illegal" parking is at the Richmond Centre in NP a private car park; not on public roads. The guy is a twat, and AFAIK there is still some debate on whether he is licensed (correctly) to clamp in the private car park. Oh and Harry D is a twat too, spending up large on arty things and getting everyone else to pay.

Swoop
7th March 2013, 11:22
Linky...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Taranaki-clamper-public-enemy-no-1/tabid/1771/articleID/289256/Default.aspx

Maha
7th March 2013, 11:29
Na didn't see it, was watching The Big Theory...very funny shit indeed.
Caught the end of 3rd Degree though, about Anna Guy..just about had enough her ramblings to be honest...Kylie feels the same :lol:

Katman
7th March 2013, 11:56
I would expect a few heads to roll over it.

Edbear
7th March 2013, 12:26
I found it was very biased, especially seeing as it was only using his footage of incidents, and only fairly recent footage as well. He has a long and well-deserved reputation of being nasty and unfair, but of course he would never give TV3 the footage from the encounters he comes off badly in would he?

And of course the average victim (not talking those who abuse him, but rather those whom he is known to have harassed) doesn't carry a video camera around with them to record the interaction.

Also a bit rude of him to continue to try and clamp the ladies car while she was right there, he couldn't have just let her off with a stern warning, and told her to f off?

Strangely enough it was more biased than the normal 6pm news hour, which is rather unusual! They didn't even try to get both sides of the story, it was just a sob story for him.

Edit: Also it's New Plymouth, not Auckland. Parking is not that hard to come by!

It did seem to be heavily biased, so one had to try to read between the lines so to speak. Still, it raised a few knotty questions for the Police to answer.

trustme
7th March 2013, 13:14
I missed the intro , were the police given the right of response or did they refuse to answer questions ? What ever , they made themselves look very shabby. When you are in the shit best to stop digging.

Katman
7th March 2013, 13:42
I missed the intro , were the police given the right of response or did they refuse to answer questions ? What ever , they made themselves look very shabby. When you are in the shit best to stop digging.

Apparently they were going to respond but then declined stating that there was an internal investigation taking place.

Akzle
7th March 2013, 14:04
does anyone know where i can get a emu?

Road kill
7th March 2013, 16:43
does anyone know where i can get a emu?

In South Australia there's heaps of the fuckin' things.

But watch out for wombats.

Best take a baseball bat an a pointy stick.

Akzle
7th March 2013, 18:16
*locally.

((it just so happens i'm a fucking criminal. unsure if they'd let me out of the country, or, if they did, whether they'd let me back in))

Usarka
10th March 2013, 08:41
Caught the end of 3rd Degree though, about Anna Guy..just about had enough her ramblings to be honest...

Always wondered......

http://docbonn.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/is-there-a-difference-between-sociopaths-and-psychopaths-ask-doc-bonn/

Genestho
10th March 2013, 13:23
Missed the clamping story but, mention Duynhoven and say no more.:tugger:

Caught the last bit though...can't help but feel something is not quite right with that whole "picture". :scratch:

It was Awkward, Reality TV - Woman's Day fodder.

For the hosts credentials, I had hoped for something a bit more, well.... hard hitting, kinda like the title of the shows name suggests?

There went my dying hopes for investigative journalism into "current affairs" in NZ.

Road kill
10th March 2013, 13:34
*locally.

((it just so happens i'm a fucking criminal. unsure if they'd let me out of the country, or, if they did, whether they'd let me back in))

Runciman rd Pukekohe.
I can get their details if you'd like.

Akzle
10th March 2013, 13:55
that's hardly fucking local. but reckon i'd get one for free if i pitched up on a motorbike?

do they make emu size helmets?

Road kill
10th March 2013, 14:21
that's hardly fucking local. but reckon i'd get one for free if i pitched up on a motorbike?

do they make emu size helmets?

Fuck mate it's just up the road.

One for free would depend on how quiet your bike was an what time of night you rocked up.
You work that one out "your the crim not me.

Helmet ?
Just hollow out a grapefruit an duct tape the fucker on "the emu won't know the difference.