PDA

View Full Version : Tank panel beater

Timmay
7th March 2013, 12:51
Does anyone know of a good panel beater in Auckland, preferably on the shore, who will be able to pull a dent out of a Honda Hornet tank? The quotes I have had from normal car panel beaters have involved replacing the tank with a new one from Japan...$$$$$$ I would have gone to reflections but they seem to no longer exist?

Danger Dave
7th March 2013, 13:14
try Aaron at http://www.evokebodyworks.co.nz he rides bikes and does a very good job, hes not on the shore but is just on college hill behind where motomail is.

Timmay
7th March 2013, 14:23
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'll drop in and see them.

sharky
8th March 2013, 15:18
Apparently it is not easy to pull a dent out of a tank. That is what I got told when I wanted it done. It was for my race bike so I didn't bother just filled the dent with heaps of bog - I have since added 2 more dents... doh. You could try the same if it's not too big - I used roughly about the volume of a tennis ball! Came up ok, just required a lot of sanding to get the right profile afterwards. If you want a perfect finish then replacement is probably your only option.

Pumba
8th March 2013, 17:28
I know there is a guy in Hamilton that is awesome at fixing dents in tanks. Well by all reports he is and he better be as he is doing my Triumph tank at the moment.

I can get the details if you still need them.

m3rl1n
8th March 2013, 20:51
removing dents without painting can be done but if youve already had someone look at it and suggest replacing the tank im guessing its pretty bad .
i can take a look and may be able to do something for you but will need to see what condition its in .
give me a call 0275526375 .

pete-blen
8th March 2013, 21:47
it depends on the dent..sharp cress or a area pushed in...
i have used compressed air... broom handle in the filler as a lever
but every time bog was needed to finish...