PDA

View Full Version : Sunday washing horrible idea

Danzano
10th March 2013, 17:22
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/e2uqever.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/tuvehaty.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/zygatuba.jpgHey guys got my bike 577km so far

Today I was washing her after a weekend ride and while doing so she fell over :-(

I caught her with my leg which now has a nice bruise and gash

The left fairing is scratched the clutch lever broke in half and there's a small scratch on the gear lever and bar end

Can you get touch up paint to fix light scratches the rest I'm not worried about or can replace but that fairing would be costly for a 2013

Any help appreciated guys and remember when washing on Sunday be etc careful

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

FJRider
10th March 2013, 17:26
If you take that little care when you wash it ... what are you like when riding it on the road .. ???

Woodman
10th March 2013, 17:28
I clean mine by riding through the river down the road. Much more fun.

Danzano
10th March 2013, 17:31
If you take that little care when you wash it ... what are you like when riding it on the road .. ???

Really because cleaning shows how you ride? thanks twat

FJRider
10th March 2013, 17:35
I clean mine by riding through the river down the road. Much more fun.

Both are Kawasaki's ... sounds about right ....

I just ride mine in the rain. And it doesn't rain much.

psycho22
10th March 2013, 17:40
...while doing so she fell over :-(

Or was she pushed???:crazy:

FJRider
10th March 2013, 17:43
Or was she pushed???:crazy:

A kawasaki with suicidal tendencies ... how unusual ... :calm:

psycho22
10th March 2013, 17:52
A kawasaki with suicidal tendencies ... how unusual ... :calm:

:Pokey: But seriously how did it manage to fall over?

Berries
10th March 2013, 18:03
:Pokey: But seriously how did it manage to fall over?
I woke up one morning to find my GPZ500 on its side, the only clue was wool on the footpeg. Some bastard sheep had been scratching itself against it over night. With the fairing broken and the fairing stay bent to buggery it was technically a write off. Obviously they build them too close to the vertical.

FJRider
10th March 2013, 18:10
I woke up one morning to find my GPZ500 on its side, the only clue was wool on the footpeg. Some bastard sheep had been scratching itself against it over night. With the fairing broken and the fairing stay bent to buggery it was technically a write off. Obviously they build them too close to the vertical.

You put yours too close to sheep ... ;)

Some just put them too close to their feet ... :whistle:

caspernz
10th March 2013, 18:16
Colour coded polish works on small scratches, but that looks more like repaint damage to me.

Centre stand or park in gear helps the walkaway bike syndrome. Don't worry, it's happened to most of us at some point. Just don't do it twice, or at least don't admit to it the second time around...:facepalm:

Tigadee
10th March 2013, 18:47
I caught her with my leg which now has a nice bruise and gash
Can you get touch up paint to fix light scratches the rest I'm not worried about or can replace but that fairing would be costly for a 2013

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

This is why my personal philosophy is that learners shouldn't buy new or newish bikes. It hurts less financially and emotionally. After a couple of years riding, I may look into buying a new bike but for the moment, a 2nd hand 1991 bike is what I have and enjoy... and worry less about people touching, sctratching, stealing, knocking over, etc..

...and remember when washing on Sunday be etc careful

LOL Didn't know Sunday was jinxed for washing motor vehicles. Anything else? Like not wearing helmets on a Sunday, otherwise you'll crash? :laugh:

FJRider
10th March 2013, 18:58
Really because cleaning shows how you ride? thanks twat

Sent from my HTC One X using my small penis

I thought my post was quite clear actually ... but stupid mistakes ARE common with NOOBs ...

Akzle
10th March 2013, 18:59
it's only a fucking kwaka.

Danzano
10th March 2013, 19:28
Colour coded polish works on small scratches, but that looks more like repaint damage to me.

Centre stand or park in gear helps the walkaway bike syndrome. Don't worry, it's happened to most of us at some point. Just don't do it twice, or at least don't admit to it the second time around...:facepalm:

Thanks mate yeah gonna get quotes to re paint asap

And I am never ever gonna let it happen again as long as I can help it that is

Danzano
10th March 2013, 19:31
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

This is why my personal philosophy is that learners shouldn't buy new or newish bikes. It hurts less financially and emotionally. After a couple of years riding, I may look into buying a new bike but for the moment, a 2nd hand 1991 bike is what I have and enjoy... and worry less about people touching, sctratching, stealing, knocking over, etc..

LOL Didn't know Sunday was jinxed for washing motor vehicles. Anything else? Like not wearing helmets on a Sunday, otherwise you'll crash? :laugh:

Yeah i thought of getting a older bike but i would prefer to know that I have done everything to it scratches servicing etc

And Sunday ain't jinxed I was just being a dick :-D

Danzano
10th March 2013, 19:33
I thought my post was quite clear actually ... but stupid mistakes ARE common with NOOBs ...

Been riding since I was 12 I'm now 21

I'm still a noob yes another ten years maybe not so but i still think the unfortunate circumstance that happened today has nothing to do with how I ride you pretentious git

FJRider
10th March 2013, 19:39

Sent from my HTC One X using my very small penis

Are talking about your age ... or IQ ... ???

Take care ... on and off the road ... ;)

Grashopper
10th March 2013, 21:26
Damn good looking bike. Sorry to hear she got scratched.

nerrrd
10th March 2013, 21:54
Reminds me of the time I took my brand new 550F Integra off it's centre stand back in the '80s and it kept going until it was lying on the garage floor...turns out it was a bit heavier than the GN I had before it. Gutting.

FWIW I washed my bike today also, with it in gear and a chock under the front and back tyres, can't be too careful aye.

Danzano
11th March 2013, 12:37
Reminds me of the time I took my brand new 550F Integra off it's centre stand back in the '80s and it kept going until it was lying on the garage floor...turns out it was a bit heavier than the GN I had before it. Gutting.

FWIW I washed my bike today also, with it in gear and a chock under the front and back tyres, can't be too careful aye.

That chock idea is genius I will be following your regime hence forth thank you :-D

Danzano
11th March 2013, 12:39
Damn good looking bike. Sorry to hear she got scratched.

Think it hurt me more than her but nothing I can't fix with a little time. Really need to buy guards for future though protect the bodywork etc

And thanks hoping to make her look better in time got some mods planned for after warranty :-)

wysper
11th March 2013, 14:15
I cant stress this enough. STOP WASHING YOUR BIKES.

The number of horror stories we hear ... sand in the sponge, water up the exhaust, drips on the tank.
It is carnage out there when you are trying to keep things clean. For gods sake.... think of the children!! :Pokey:

But seriously.. that sucks. If my bike fell on my leg I think I would have a broken leg. Luckily I would have a hard job pushing it off the stand... it is hard enough work pushing it round corners!

Do the kwakers sit pretty much straight up and down when on their side stands? If the do, can you chop the side stand so it is on more of an angle?

Danzano
11th March 2013, 19:17
Do the kwakers sit pretty much straight up and down when on their side stands? If the do, can you chop the side stand so it is on more of an angle?

Yeah she is pretty straight when up but can't adjust it to lean more :-( so just have to be super careful I guess

ducatilover
11th March 2013, 19:56
Don't get it repainted, just slam some plasti-dip on it.
Get a set of pretty levers on it too

Sent from my PC with sticky hands

nosebleed
11th March 2013, 20:20

I'm still a noob yes another ten years maybe not so but i still think the unfortunate circumstance that happened today has nothing to do with how I ride you pretentious git

pffft. Wait till he sees you're in Auckland
Then all sorts of cliche´s are gonna rain down on your arse.

We've all dropped bikes, and we've all dropped them in stupid circumstances

Tigadee
11th March 2013, 20:29
Sent from my PC with sticky hands

:crazy: Oh God! :sick:

Tryhard
11th March 2013, 20:31
Mate you must have felt like self harming!

My neighbor once turned up to an organised ride. Stopped and somehow his leg fell to sleep, couldnt get the stand down and simply fell over. In front of 50 other riders!
The bad part is I wasnt there to see it.

Monkfish
12th March 2013, 12:37
Mate you must have felt like self harming!

My neighbor once turned up to an organised ride. Stopped and somehow his leg fell to sleep, couldnt get the stand down and simply fell over. In front of 50 other riders!
The bad part is I wasnt there to see it.

Awesome! I would love to see something like that.. maybe you could convince the rider to do a re-enactment?

Tryhard
12th March 2013, 16:05
Awesome! I would love to see something like that.. maybe you could convince the rider to do a re-enactment?

LOL I know. Funny as shit mate. It cost him $800 to fix

slofox
12th March 2013, 16:49
On the rare occasions that I lose enough sanity to actually wash the bike, I stick it up on the paddock stand. Hasn't fallen over so far.