PDA

View Full Version : Fluro paint - painter wanted

sharp2183
10th March 2013, 21:02
Is there anyone out there who can paint my bike (well part of it) a fluro yellow?

Seems a bit hard to find/do.

Cheers

Krayy
11th March 2013, 10:48
You could always try getting some Plasti-dip in flouro yellow from Bunings or Mitre 10 and do it yourself. The product sprays on, has good coverage AFAIK and can be removed easily if you muck it up. Might be a good cheap option to see how it looks prior to dropping lots of cash on a pro job

The Lone Rider
12th March 2013, 17:26
Bring said bike over to my workshop, let me have a look. There's a bike in there at moment that I painted - you can judge for yourself from that.

imdying
13th March 2013, 15:45
Fluro paint might only come in sign grades, not automotive?

The pigments get a hammering from UV, so they only take about 6 months to fade :(

Might be worth finding somebody who vinyl wraps cars etc to have a look? At least it'll be easy to redo when it fades :)

sharp2183
13th March 2013, 18:09
Bring said bike over to my workshop, let me have a look. There's a bike in there at moment that I painted - you can judge for yourself from that.

Where abouts is your workshop? The bike already has fluro number boards (which yes have faded a bit) which I assume must be auto grade, so I know what to expect it to look like. It's a case of finding someone competent and willing to do it.

Vinyl, hmm might be worth looking into.

The Lone Rider
13th March 2013, 18:21
In Christchurch

AllanB
13th March 2013, 18:41
Fluro or just F-in bright enough to look fluro? That Yello Rossi uses is bloody bright and I'd think any painter would have a chart that suits.

budda
14th March 2013, 10:17
Where abouts is your workshop? The bike already has fluro number boards (which yes have faded a bit) which I assume must be auto grade, so I know what to expect it to look like. It's a case of finding someone competent and willing to do it.

Vinyl, hmm might be worth looking into.

Fluoro Auto paint is easy enough to get ( and to spray ) and a good UV filtering clear helps the fading thing - but Vinyl is as easy to apply and is a "tougher" product for stone chips etc ..... Do NOT waste time and money on budget-biscuit vinyl - spend the money ONCE