PDA

View Full Version : Bruce's (OLDFART) Funeral

NodMan
16th August 2005, 14:18
To any KBers who are planning on riding to Bruce Bennett's funeral....

APOLOGIES...NOTE THE EARLIER TIME ...MEET PRIOR TO 2:30pm

the offer is to meet up here at my place in Osman Street in GLEN EDEN prior to 2:30pm on Thursday 18th...then we can quietly ride to the Morrisons Funeral chapel on Lincoln Rd Henderson for the service at 3:00pm..

to any that havent been here before...easy to find...middle of Glen Eden shops on West Coast Rd opposite train station turn into Captain Scott Road then fifth on left is Osman Street...head up the end and You'll see KKs race bike on the front lawn (better than the letterbox)

Any further info PM me....Nodman

loosebruce
16th August 2005, 14:42
I'd very much like the chance to come along and pay my respect.

Thanks, will see you there.

curious george
16th August 2005, 14:56
Say what? You mean this guy? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?userid=2599

enigma51
16th August 2005, 14:57
Say what? You mean this guy? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?userid=2599

yes that is correct

bugjuice
16th August 2005, 14:59
I'll try my best to be there to pay my respects. I rode with Bruce a few times, but didn't know him too well. I very almost joined you out of confusion on my part, logan.. tis a very sad tradegy

ManDownUnder
16th August 2005, 15:08
I'll be there.

RiderInBlack
16th August 2005, 16:36
"Roxanne" and I will be there. Anyone else coming from North of AK, PM me and we'll hook up to ride down to see Bruce (Oldfart) off.

Thinking about you'll,

Doug

Two Smoker
16th August 2005, 17:58
Hey Nod,

Jon (sarg) and I will be there.

Cheers, Chris

Rhino
16th August 2005, 18:19
Scorpygirl and I will be there. Probably the only 'Wing amongst all the sports bikes.

RiderInBlack
16th August 2005, 18:24
Scorpygirl and I will be there. Probably the only 'Wing amongst all the sports bikes.That's alright, "Roxanne" will translate for the the Wing as she's halfway between:devil2:

FROSTY
16th August 2005, 21:18
I'll be there

SPman
17th August 2005, 06:47
I'll be there

NodMan
18th August 2005, 17:55
thanks to all the KBers that turned up at Bruces funeral.....lots of positive comments from the family and hey even thou Bruce didnt want a FLASH DO Im sure he would have appreciated the turn out..WELL DONE

Now go and have a quiet ale or three for him while I get back to night shift and making them roads safe for us to enjoy...Cheers Nodman

Motoracer
18th August 2005, 18:06
Farewell Oldfart/Bruce. I am really sorry for not making the funeral as I really wanted to be there..

Scorpygirl
18th August 2005, 18:13
[QUOTE=NodMan]thanks to all the KBers that turned up at Bruces funeral.....lots of positive comments from the family and hey even thou Bruce didnt want a FLASH DO Im sure he would have appreciated the turn out..WELL DONE

Scorpygirl here.

Thanks Nodman - Rhino and I were proud to be there to join the ride. We are having a glass of wine for him. The guard of honour was really special and very moving for me.

We will be there for Bronwyn when she needs us.

Take care out there everyone.

Two Smoker
18th August 2005, 18:23
Great turn up... Im sure Bruce is proud of us...

Rhino
18th August 2005, 18:29
Hi Nodman,

As Scorpygirl said, we were proud to be part of the ride and Guard Of Honour. Thanks for the chance to speak ahead of you. I would have liked to have said more, but when I saw Scorpygirl loose it, that became too hard.

He was a great guy and is being toasted with a few (or more) glasses of vino tonight.

To Logan, thanks for notifying us initially. Bruce would have been proud of your quiet dignity today.

Keep the shiny side up, Rhino (Ulysses #3672)

FROSTY
18th August 2005, 19:53
a pleasure to meet you scorpy and rhino.A great pity it wasn't under better circumstances.
From what I saw and heard today I wish I'd had the chance to get to know Bruce better.

loosebruce
18th August 2005, 20:27
Nice turn out today, i too wish i had known Bruce better, but in the time i knew him it was enough to know he was a great guy and a great friend/family member to all.
Still hard to understand, RIP Bruce. Nice speeches as well, well done to all of you involved.

Take care out there. my thoughts with you all.

Kwaka-Kid
18th August 2005, 20:49
Thanks everybody! and sorry i missed so many, checking the login book thingy afterwards made me realise just how many! i guess its the way with this

Thanks on Behalf of the family.

also from my nanna "for being such a nice bunch of bikers" and not wearing all our patches, carrying our beer in, and generally causing trouble, as apparently she thought they did :P

FROSTY
18th August 2005, 21:10
inapropriate time to laugh But LMAO KK.
Im glad we put a new image of bikers in grammas head.

crashe
18th August 2005, 21:23
KK you made a wonderful speech today.... well done.
As did all the others that spoke (Nodman, Enigma, Rhino and Bruce's brothers).
It is very hard to stand up and say something at a funeral of someone that you love.

It was a very moving moment to be part of the 'guard of honour' today.

KK and Nodman, take care and always remember the good times that you shared with Bruce.
Smile or even have a cry, when you think of Bruce, let your emotions show thou....people won't mind.
Find a nice spot that you shared with Oldfart and chat to him .....He is listening to you no matter where you are.
KK, even thou your mum needs you at the moment, remember to take care of yourself as well.

hondacmx450
18th August 2005, 21:39
only rode with him twice but it was good for me thank you to all that made me feel welcome there and to you nod man for opning your house to me i to have had a beer for the man
once again thank you all for making me fell welcome :yes:

SPman
18th August 2005, 22:40
I also only met Bruce 3 or 4 times, but he was someone who made an impression, a real nice chap and, watching him ride its still hard to understand how it all happened!
Tributes from Logo, Nodman and Enigma were particularly moving and drove home to us all the esteem in which he was held.
A sad way to meet others, a tragic loss to all those close to him, but, although he is gone, he will remain alive in the minds and memories of those who held him dear.
Once again our condolences to the family and Logo - you did well mate.

thehollowmen
19th August 2005, 01:04
Sorry to hear about this... is there anywhere we can send condolances cards to?

Firefight
19th August 2005, 08:17
what a lovely send off for a nice guy.

Great to see so many KB brothers and sisters there to offer support and pay respects.

To the people who got up and spoke, well done, its never easy to get up in front of people and share at a time like that, the two Logans, you have my utmost respect guys, you were strong, and spoke from the heart with maturity that could well have come from someone older and with more life experience under their belts.

Remember your KB mates will be there for you.

Dave

RiderInBlack
20th August 2005, 19:39
I felt honored to be there.
What an amazing guy Bruce was.
Well done KK, Enigma, Nodman and Rhino. It's not easy to get up and say a few words about someone who you care about, especial at their funeral. Your words about Bruce touched me deeply and made me regret not knowing him better while he was still alive.

Doug

ManDownUnder
22nd August 2005, 09:48
I follow the theory you can usually judge a man by the company he keeps (applies to women too as it turns out)...

I think the funeral spoke volumes.

As did KK's nana... :clap: