PDA

View Full Version : Falling off the sidecar at Hampton Downs Nationals, 16 March

skilly035
19th March 2013, 13:32
So here is my annual post asking if ANYBODY got ANY sort of footage of me falling off at the hairpin for our first Race of the day.
My helmet cam did not survive the fall, I am absolutely guttered about it.
Off work for another 8-9 days so I'll be checking online most days!
Please help, photos or videos!!

That's the green, blue and white number 16..for those that haven't yet seen me falling off :p

nodrog
19th March 2013, 13:38
I hope you are bringing a mini tanker to the agm?
:drinkup::drinkup:

the farm boys may have had their camera on. You checked ctas?

skilly035
19th March 2013, 13:44
I hope you are bringing a mini tanker to the agm?
:drinkup::drinkup:

the farm boys may have had their camera on. You checked ctas?

MINI! I think I owe a full sized brewery by now.
Tim is checking the footage tonight, he said he saw the whole thing happened and it wasn't nice. The camera is right in front of him so I would say it got it.

Stirts
19th March 2013, 13:52
MINI! I think I owe a full sized brewery by now.

Will make for a good AGM. And you won't feel the pain in your knee. I am sure there are healing properties in beer, ask ACC if they will subsidise the brewery!!

Drew
19th March 2013, 13:55
I have respect for beer!

steveyb
19th March 2013, 14:06
Saw it all happen on CTAS. Unfortunately I think you disappear out of shot as you land and tumble and no coverage of you staggering off.

Looked pretty graceful though. Seemed that the bike took a small a lefthand movement just as you were transitioning over to the right side to grab on and your momentum carried you off the side.

Won't see your smiley face at TSS for few days :(

Take care and plenty of rest.

steveyb
19th March 2013, 14:06
I have respect for beer!

But does it still respect you in the morning?

skilly035
19th March 2013, 14:11
Saw it all happen on CTAS. Unfortunately I think you disappear out of shot as you land and tumble and no coverage of you staggering off.

Looked pretty graceful though. Seemed that the bike took a small a lefthand movement just as you were transitioning over to the right side to grab on and your momentum carried you off the side.

Won't see your smiley face at TSS for few days :(

Take care and plenty of rest.

I've just purchased the race and waiting for it to buffer on the Grandparents PC.
I was focusing on #111 and how close they were going around the corner, then when Burt saw how close they were he swerved. I think this definitely contributed to it but I really have no idea. I remember trying to pull myself back up, then seeing #28's faces staring at me - I really, really thought there was no way they were going to miss me and 'this is it'.
Then I thought I had stopped tumbling..but then I landed and kept tumbling lol.

No more smiley face at TSS until at least NEXT Wednesday :(

sidecar bob
19th March 2013, 14:40
I saw it live & in person. you bounced big time!! I have to say, sliding is far easier on the body.

swarfie
19th March 2013, 14:52
I saw it live & in person. you bounced big time!! I have to say, sliding is far easier on the body.

Yep...and airborne for a while too. Hows your hands cause you beat the ground pretty hard and let out some FFFFF...swear words too. Bob and I couldn't hear them....but we could see them :angry2:
Hope your'e on the mend and back on board soon:banana:

skilly035
19th March 2013, 14:59

Do you know if CTAS was being a dick? Cause it keeps jumping and I can't really make out what happened! There were a good few bounces weren't there!

skilly035
19th March 2013, 15:07
Hows your hands cause you beat the ground pretty hard

I have bruised fingers, I thought from trying to pull myself back up but now that you mention that..

skilly035
19th March 2013, 15:09
and let out some FFFFF...swear words too. Bob and I couldn't hear them....but we could see them :angry2:
Hope your'e on the mend and back on board soon:banana:

Oh, and yeees just a few. One marshall goes 'are you okay?!' I said 'no, where's my camera?!' haha then worked out how f%$ken sore my knee was.

Mental Trousers
19th March 2013, 15:16
Max, you should contact Dainese and volunteer to test their D-Air leathers for sidecar use.

merv
19th March 2013, 16:18
How come this seems to happen to you, do you need some magna boots or something to stick to the sidecar better?

Good on ya and heal soon :)

skilly035
19th March 2013, 16:29
Max, you should contact Dainese and volunteer to test their D-Air leathers for sidecar use.

My job puts me in such a position, I am quite friendly with all suppliers :)

scrivy
19th March 2013, 19:04
I saw it live & in person.

WTF???? You were alive whilst you were at the track??? :crazy:
Thought you'd be under the influence of Heine............;)