PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaand, BAM! Yamaha 250WRYZ Motard!

chaos rider
19th March 2013, 22:18
would you like to know moar?

Willdat?
20th March 2013, 08:53
Yes..........

The Lone Rider
20th March 2013, 15:40
Put road tires on, anodised wheel hubs, powder coated rims, removed yamaha logos, added headlight & indicators and tail kit, and maybe painted a few things black is my guess.

george formby
20th March 2013, 16:15
Yeah. Tell me about your wheels... I'm lookin to have a 17" set for my DT. New wheels or just new rims on original hubs?

Oh, is it ridiculously good fun?

Geeen
20th March 2013, 17:59
What an awesome way to get to work:drool:

chaos rider
20th March 2013, 18:11
Yeah. Tell me about your wheels... I'm lookin to have a 17" set for my DT. New wheels or just new rims on original hubs?

Oh, is it ridiculously good fun?

ok so the rims are from JTR, these ones specificly are not availeble to the open public as they are still in developement. but they have a huge range of options to make your own custom look aswell as having hubs to fit most makes and models.

This is a mostly stock 2001 yz250N1. it was a production road legal yz, the engine is not totaly original as it was at a stage the testbed for their compotition race yz (dont ask why they put that factry race engine in a road version but when you ride it you start to understand the madness)

the plastics (all of them) are a 09 yz upgrade set to modernise the look of the yz.

and the liist of other stuff.

hammer head shifter
RHK bar, clamps, brake rotors and gas cap
stealth proformance yama blue rear sprocket
carbon fiber bash plate and expansion pipe cover
Vforce carbon reads

I was told by the last owner that it "had" a 68hp at the sproket when he bought it, I havent dyno'd it and i dont plan on it, as its a 2stroke. but i have no doubt about the higher then factory output.

currently it clocked 0-100 in 3.4 sec at the drags, and yes i was almost sitting on the bars. the top speed is a nice 120kmh lol but thats fine.

next to a ktm ex400 with rims from JTR aswell, both chris (ktm owner) and myself agree its quicker then the run O' mill yz

ive got plans to do more like brakelines and what not but the transport law here has forced me to buy a cage and getting a car licence before they will let me use me motorcycle licence ( i live in aus atm)

Madness
20th March 2013, 18:21
Looks like muchos fun. The white spokes look a little ghey but each to their own.