PDA

View Full Version : CDMTCI combined club ride

Busted
16th August 2005, 21:11
Hey People
Building on the success of our summcer cafe rides last year
We are hosting a combined club cafe ride on Sunday 2 Oct
Departing BP Metro in Palmerston North at 1.00 PM
Were heading out for a 45min to hour ling ride followed by a gathering at a country watering hole. Food and drinks will be available on site.
So come along and make yourself know to riders and clubs in your area and beyond.
This is an open invitation to all social road riders both private or from all clubs.
Drop us a line if you requre any furter information or stay tuned for further details.

Beemer
18th August 2005, 15:35
FREE food and drinks for loyal club members, Bruce? Huh? Turn on a fine day and I'll think about it!

Busted
18th August 2005, 20:07
Loyal club members dont need inticing with free stuff ... and dont even start me on fair weather riders :yawn:

Sensei
18th August 2005, 20:26
Hope everyone keeps on their bikes this time . How are to 2 guys that came off on the ride to Whanga .??

Busted
18th August 2005, 20:36
Hope everyone keeps on their bikes this time . How are to 2 guys that came off on the ride to Whanga .??

That makes two of us!
Both guys are recovering ok ... one still has a cast and the other still aches!
The Trumpy is in at work and has just been given the go ahead from the ins compnay. And the ZX is destinied to live out its days as a naked rehash :sick:

Beemer
18th August 2005, 23:19
Loyal club members dont need inticing with free stuff ... and dont even start me on fair weather riders :yawn:

Yes we do, look at how many turned up for the AGM - you think we would have all been there without the pizza and free beer? :rofl:

You're just jealous that some of us have the freedom to go out riding on fine days and don't have to ride just on the weekends when it rains... :wait:

Busted
18th August 2005, 23:25
yeah yeah ... that was just to make sure the right guy ended up as pres again

Ive managed to bust out of work twice this week to take my bike for a strop round the block :woohoo:

GSVR
22nd August 2005, 13:45
Hey People
Departing BP Metro in Palmerston North at 1.00 PM

Where is the BP Metro? Excuse me for being so ignorant :wacko:

Busted
22nd August 2005, 19:38
Where is the BP Metro? Excuse me for being so ignorant :wacko:

No dramas
It's on the corner of Princess St and Ferguson St. Next door to what used to be Coop Honda many years back.

DemonWolf
22nd August 2005, 19:54
Anyone from the Naki goin? If so, I'd be keen =)

Anything for a ride really =) Wouldn't mind some company on the way.. would have to seriously think bout it if I had to go it alone though.....

Busted
24th August 2005, 23:52
Hey People

Please note that the date for this event has changed due to the clash with Bathurst!

It will now be Sunday 2nd October.

A slight oversight on our part at committe night.

Cheers

dhunt
25th August 2005, 10:09
Hey Bruce, not sure if you realise but that's also a clash with this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=15672&page=1&pp=15 You can't win :(

Also who is your ride aimed at? Would it be suitable for people on 250cc's? (Read learner or slower riders)

Busted
25th August 2005, 20:57
Hey David, how goes it.

Yeah I did see that clash ... but I'm also trying to balance my clubs events list as well! Bit of a bugger but thats the way it goes sometimes.

The ride is sweet for small bikes because it will be a controlled ride with a nice easy pace for every one to comply with. Plus its as much about the gathering at the end as it is about the ride.

Hooks
25th August 2005, 21:32
Hey David, how goes it.

Yeah I did see that clash ... but I'm also trying to balance my clubs events list as well! Bit of a bugger but thats the way it goes sometimes.

The ride is sweet for small bikes because it will be a controlled ride with a nice easy pace for every one to comply with. Plus its as much about the gathering at the end as it is about the ride.

Well I'll be there ... Now that the old girl is all legal and running pretty sweet (even stopped shedding bits now !!) It'll give me a chance to use my new riding gear too !!

dhunt
25th August 2005, 21:43
Hey David, how goes it.

Cool, I'll probably go with you guys as it's a bit closer than wellington and haven't had anything to do with your club at all.

Well I'll be there ... Now that the old girl is all legal and running pretty sweet (even stopped shedding bits now !!) It'll give me a chance to use my new riding gear too !!
Yeah Hooks I want you to keep all your bike bits to yourself :Pokey: Will be cool to go riding with you again.

Beemer
26th August 2005, 14:22
I've been a member of the club for a few years now and you guys would enjoy our ride I'm sure. There will no doubt be one faster group who will be getting in the cold drinks by the time the slower ones (like me!) arrive at the said country watering hole! Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway! :woohoo:

Busted
28th August 2005, 20:08
Cool, I'll probably go with you guys as it's a bit closer than wellington and haven't had anything to do with your club at all.

Good to hear local support is alive and well.

Cheers people :woohoo:

ratusratus
6th September 2005, 08:40
I will stand guard at rexs Busted and make sure they go straight to BP METRO
We will be there!!!
Bulge Rat

Busted
6th September 2005, 22:11
yeah cheers for that ... helps to know where the trouble makers are :dodge:

phantom
26th September 2005, 11:11
i'll be there :whocares: :Oi: just have to work especially hard on saturday

Beemer
2nd October 2005, 21:38
I was feeling a bit crook so rode up to the start point with my husband then headed home. Apologies to the poor bugger (may have been a GB400 or similar - whoops, sorry Phantom!) who followed me all the way to the rocket/No 1 Line before realising I was actually heading home to Levin! I didn't think much of it until I noticed the bike that had been following me all the way from BP Metro had turned and was heading back to PN! I hope everyone who did take part (in excess of 40 bikes from what I hear) had a great ride and fingers crossed we'll do it all again soon.

phantom
3rd October 2005, 10:59
No problem Beemer, thought it was probably you and realised you were probably heading home but initially thought OK if I've missed the guys then I'll go for a bit of a ride myself but found myself in the sort of mood that wasn't condusive (sp ?) to riding a motor bike safely and headed back home. I am unfortunately one of those people who gets inordinately worked up about things that don't work as they should and I also HATE being late for things. No one elses fault but mine. Hope the rest of you guys had a good ride and the rain didn't put a dampener on things. Catch up another time

Beemer
3rd October 2005, 11:11
My husband said it was a good ride, on some roads even he didn't know. Not sure exactly where they headed but they ended up at the cafe at the Domain in Ashhurst. If I'd known two of the guys were heading straight there in a vehicle I would have followed them and had a bite to eat but I only thought of that when I got home!

I expected you to pull up next to me at the lights at some stage and ask if I was on the ride - next time I'll pull over and let you know what I'm up to! I thought at first it was just coincidence when a bike followed me, but then I started thinking "I bet he thinks I'm heading where the rest of the guys are!" I figured if you felt like a ride you could follow me home and I would have given you a cuppa and a bit of cake! I was a bit disappointed when I looked in the mirror and saw you turn and head back to PN.

It was a nice little squirt for me, thankfully I had decided not to go flat out along the Opiki road because there were two cops coming towards me! A truck flashed me just south of Shannon to warn me of a cop parked at the top near Heights Road. And all the bikers I passed waved - good result! :woohoo:

ratusratus
3rd October 2005, 14:53
cheers Busted and 15 triumphs looked good huh!!!
good to see you at rexs and i hear a rumour [that i started] that you would love to be a rat!!
Cya on wednesday

cowboyz
3rd October 2005, 15:24
It was a shame cause I blew my clutch last Thursday. I was keen as to get on this ride but no go. Finally got the clutch plates today and bike is back up and running so next time I will be there.

dhunt
3rd October 2005, 16:18
It was a shame cause I blew my clutch last Thursday. I was keen as to get on this ride but no go. Finally got the clutch plates today and bike is back up and running so next time I will be there.
Cool glad you got it going again. I'm sure we'll be going for ride on sunday if you are keen to test it out. Glenn and I dropped past to have look at your stuffed biked and to pick my map up but obviouslly you weren't there.

cowboyz
3rd October 2005, 16:37
Ill be keen for Sunday. throw me a text and I will be there. Might have to be working till 11 or so but after that will be all good. Map.. yes I did have your map.Not real sure what I did with it at this stage. Might have to invest in a new one for ya.

Busted
3rd October 2005, 22:32
Thanks for the support people :niceone:

The day was a huge success and made the effort involved in putting it on all worth while.

And yes there were a few triumphs there ... but only one KTM (aka carrot)! And sorry but my bike apparently makes ineligible to be a "RAT" :sweatdrop

We will more than likely make this one an annual event from now on. I will fine tune it a bit for next year and make the ride a bit longer as this was the only complaint.

So thank's to all those of you that came along. And to the rest, hopefully we will see you next year :done:

Busted

krash69
19th March 2006, 23:34
hey guys have you got any rides coming up?
as im an x palmy girl and now own a bike.....hehehehe

Busted
20th March 2006, 22:44
hey guys have you got any rides coming up?
as im an x palmy girl and now own a bike.....hehehehe

Hey

Have got our usual club events and rides going on all the time. But not much that warrents listing on here at the moment.

The next big one planned is our inter club ride but that's not till October when daylight savings starts again sorry.

If your keen to tag along some time or see what were up to I could organise a magzine to send out to you?

krash69
20th March 2006, 22:51
Hey

Have got our usual club events and rides going on all the time. But not much that warrents listing on here at the moment.

The next big one planned is our inter club ride but that's not till October when daylight savings starts again sorry.

If your keen to tag along some time or see what were up to I could organise a magzine to send out to you?

hey thanks and yes if possible the mag wood orsum....
is skip stil ridding with you guys?