PDA

View Full Version : Speedway at Western Springs, 23 March

Chooky
23rd March 2013, 21:50
1st round of the world speedway champs at Western Springs today......
"O" for oresome....:yes:

haydes55
23rd March 2013, 22:41
10/10 for the racing today! Some amazing ballsy overtakes. Big fights for position and a 2 minor crashes.

Noticed the grand stands were only about half full.... No one wanted a repeat of last years grandstand failure. The grandstand looked fine this year though, definitely a better view.

With Taupo, Beach hop, Leadfoot and a few other major events on today it had a bit of competition for fans!

Next year I'm going to dress up with the Polska fans! They looked like they had some fun!

vinducati
24th March 2013, 06:56
Loved last year, love this year.
Grandstand seats were great.
Looking forward to next year.
Sweet.

boman
24th March 2013, 16:19
10/10 for the racing today! Some amazing ballsy overtakes. Big fights for position and a 2 minor crashes.

Noticed the grand stands were only about half full.... No one wanted a repeat of last years grandstand failure. The grandstand looked fine this year though, definitely a better view.

With Taupo, Beach hop, Leadfoot and a few other major events on today it had a bit of competition for fans!

Next year I'm going to dress up with the Polska fans! They looked like they had some fun!

View from the stands was 100% better this year. But the seats were not built for Kiwi men. LOL. Very cosy with the neighbour.

Last years seats. With this years view, and you are on to a winner.

Great nights racing, and home before dark.

Premium parking to bikers too.

Orsum alright.

Maha
24th March 2013, 16:24
Watched it this afternoon on 3... pity was not at night, but I guess thats a whole nother can of worms?

wharfy
28th March 2013, 15:31
View from the stands was 100% better this year. But the seats were not built for Kiwi men. LOL. Very cosy with the neighbour.

Orsum alright.

I went to Taranaki to watch the long track event organized by Ivan Mauger, it was a great event as well, enjoyed by most I think.
When the German got on the podium and waved the German flag, some wag in the crowd yelled out "Go Waikato!" it got a pretty good laugh :)

crazy man
28th March 2013, 15:48
l like solo racing but not enough laps and not enough riders at one time . times have changed and that should to! but hay better than having rugby crap on tv for once

Kickaha
28th March 2013, 15:49
But the seats were not built for Kiwi men. LOL. Very cosy with the neighbour.

After the first few races we fucked off over to "A block" which was about 3/4 empty and had plenty of room
Considerably better event than last year, much better racing

Tink
28th March 2013, 16:09

Orsum alright.

Ye well at least you had a side seat!!! :P :innocent: Premium racing, but over way to quick, I was more more more... and Darcy Ward really made them all work for it... !

Kickaha
28th March 2013, 16:15
After looking at the stats for the gates they put up I couldn't understand why Gollob took gate 2 for the final though

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/2338/western-springs-highlights

Motu
28th March 2013, 18:14
Sometimes...on some tracks, the outside gate is the best - that bike enters the corner faster at a better angle and already sideways, but obviously not saturday night at Western Springs. Perhaps he was thinking gate 2 would do that better for him than gate 1. The Yank did it from gate 3, so it was possible.

Kickaha
28th March 2013, 18:26
Sometimes...on some tracks, the outside gate is the best - that bike enters the corner faster at a better angle and already sideways, but obviously not saturday night at Western Springs. Perhaps he was thinking gate 2 would do that better for him than gate 1. The Yank did it from gate 3, so it was possible.

They'd put up the stats for the gates prior to the final, 14 wins out of 22 starts from gate 1, 3 wins from gate 2 and 3 and 2 wins from gate 4

Picking gate 2 seemed a strange choice to me but he obviously had his reasons, but they didn't pan out

Anyone go to Friday practice? thinking of doing that next year

haydes55
28th March 2013, 18:53
In an earlier race gate 1 got squeezed out of the first turn. Gate 2 you can't be squeezed out. Bit of a safety net if you don't get the best launch.

Crazy man, head out to Rosebank in west Auckland. We had a meeting the day after the gp, had 5 wide on the start line for most of the races. 52 races in 4 hours.

And I went to the practice on friday and and it was good to scope out where ti sit on race day and who to put your money on. Although Antonio Lindback looked on form eith some fast practice starts on practice, he wasn't shining on race day.

Kickaha
28th March 2013, 18:57
Although Antonio Lindback looked on form eith some fast practice starts on practice, he wasn't shining on race day.

Do you pay to get into practice seperate?

Lindback was my favourite last year but this year wasn't really in the hunt (for some reason a black swedish guy always makes me laugh)

haydes55
28th March 2013, 19:05
Do you pay to get into practice seperate?

Lindback was my favourite last year but this year wasn't really in the hunt (for some reason a black swedish guy always makes me laugh)

Na the ticket for raceday works on friday.

Interesting story about Antonio. He was adopted as a child by the richest family in Sweden, he went to the olympics for skiing a few years back.

Kickaha
28th March 2013, 19:09
Na the ticket for raceday works on friday.
Arseholes didn't bother telling me that when they sent them or I would have gone a day early

vinducati
29th March 2013, 18:33
I had a great time. Fantastic racing.
The practice was ccol.
Saw more races and better then 5 yaers of going to stuff like bloody Paeroa.
Loced it