PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Taxi Drivers

The Stranger
16th August 2005, 21:22
What happened to our taxi drivers. Not so long ago they were very competent professional drivers. Now it seems anyone can, and regularly does drive a taxi.
Riding through Newmarket this evening and one such dork pulls out on me to go around, and pull into the park in front of the next Taxi.
I hit picks and horn at the same time whereupon I recieve the finger.
I pull over and my pillion and I jump off to politely point out to the rag head the error of his ways.
By now his window is up, his doors are locked and he has lost his ability to communicate.
Of course he had it a few seconds prior as he pulled the finger when he obviously thought I wouldn't be stopping.

A question though. Do you just grin and bear it and think, hey it goes with the teritory?

I tend not to as I figure he may now think again before pulling out or giving the finger to another biker. It's not the finger so much as his attitude which I hope to change.

Smorg
16th August 2005, 21:29
Sounds like he needed a helmet through the window then..................bite his ear off :Punk:

But seriously he would've packed himself when he saw you stop do you have a tinted visor that scares people even more :devil2:

froggyfrenchman
16th August 2005, 21:34
i always go over the top and freak bad drivers, have even been known 2 put pocketknife through tyres at red light

myvice
16th August 2005, 21:40
Taxi smashed up my CBR! It gets worse... I was on it at the time (briefly)
Was a courier for 4 years and they where the bane of our existence! Can’t believe there is a trade out there where the longer you do it the worse you get at it!
Out of the 274960 taxis out there 5 can speak English, 3 can drive but only 1 can do both!
Would like to get in one sometime and have them know where I want to go... Or even what city they are in would be an improvement!
mutter mutter rant rave bitch mutter

Smorg
16th August 2005, 21:46
i always go over the top and freak bad drivers, have even been known 2 put pocketknife through tyres at red light

Ha ha nutter :Punk:
I've been thinking of glueing thumbtacks to the carbon knuckles of my gloves to scratch through paint and put holes in panels :devil2: (just thinking though) :nono:

MOTOXXX
16th August 2005, 22:02
i herd
dropping a handful of ball bearings when your infront of a car would do the trick.(at say 100km)
smashes the windshield up pretty good and dents up the car.

but i suppose youd have to be pretty angry to do that.

:rofl:

Smorg
16th August 2005, 22:15
Must remember to bring along my trusty ball bearing supply next time i'm out for a ride :bleh:

Waylander
16th August 2005, 22:44
Carry a screwdriver in the cellphone pocket of my jacket. Easy to get to even with mywinter gloves on and is good for smashing mirrors, windows, or scratching paint.

James Deuce
16th August 2005, 22:59

You're not from Marseille by any chance are you?

Lou Girardin
17th August 2005, 08:23
You could send a letter of thanks to the LTNZ for deregulating the Taxi industry. Another to the National and Labour Party's for allowing unfettered access to migrants who can't practice their normal professions here and resort to driving cabs.
I've found that 7 years in medical school is not a good grounding for cab driving.

Beemer
17th August 2005, 12:08
I was a rep in Wellington for many years and used to get pissed off with taxis parking on loading zones. In the end I befriended a parking warden (amazing what a few free cans of Coca Cola could do!) and he told me if they were on the loading zone next time I wanted to park, I should double-park next to them and leave the car there. If he came along, he'd ticket the taxi for being on the loading zone, but not me! A few days later there was a taxi parked on the loading zone in Dixon Street so I pulled up alongside and got out and asked if he was waiting for a fare. When he said he was, I pointed out that I couldn't legally park on a taxi rank and he was taking up a space he shouldn't be using, so could he please move. "Get fucked" was the response - this was in the days when most taxi drivers were kiwis and spoke English! So I double-parked next to him, right up against his driver's door, and left the car there with the hazard lights flashing. I walked along the road and kept an eye on him. He was panicking! He was parked in the middle of the loading zone and couldn't reverse or go out frontwards as there were cars there, but he somehow managed to back up onto the footpath and reversed back to the lights where he crashed down onto the road and drove off! I went straight across and took the park! I was known around town as a bitch, but I never found a taxi parked there again! :rofl:

sunhuntin
17th August 2005, 13:31
good one beemer! that woulda freaked him right out!

taxi drivers have gotten worse, hence the reason i rarely use one [which results in rarely bar-hopping which is a good thing!]

had one pull out of the girls college a few years back...didnt even look or stop. hit the front of mums car, she kept going, so he damaged every panel on the passenger side. i was in the front, 3 year old twins in the back scared half to death. the driver was not the owner of the taxi, yet the owner had to pay for the damage.