PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the Speed Limiter on VTR100F

Tristan
29th March 2013, 16:15
Hi All, I see many people want to know how to do this if you have an imported VTR1000F ...

So Here it goes ... (Oh, I know this works, I did it a couple days ago :)

Unbolt the ferring, and remove the cluster. Unscrew the back cover of the cluster. On the speedo side, you will see the following wires. Green Black. Black Brown. Red Green and Pink Green. Take note of that pink green wire. (Do not touch it. That is the speed sensor wire for the speedo from the gearbox, if you unscrew that, your speedo WON'T WORK) Looking at the back of the speedo (cluster), you will see a second pink green wire that is just off the the left that is screwed at the bottom on a line of 4 screwed in wires. Unscrew that second pink and green wire, tape it up. And there you have it. Speed limiter removed. So in short, look for the pink and green wire that is as close to the center of the cluster as possible, and unscrew and tape up. It should take around 10 minutes. EASY AS! The longest part is removing the ferring and 3 cluster bolts. - You don;t even need to unplug the loom. If you pull the cluster right apart there is a little chip in there that sends the cut signal to the ecu. Technically now the ECU doesn;t know how fast you are going. I had a Firestorm that was limited to 185k's, after a 10 minute job, and a 20 minute ride, I have my bike now rev limiting in top gear around 260k's/hr (Indicated) . . . PLEASE REMEMBER ... RESPECT THE POWER AND SPEED. ONE WRONG BLINK AND IT'LL BE CURTAINS. BE SAFE.

Akzle
29th March 2013, 18:47
it's hard to wave over 150...

Tristan
29th March 2013, 19:04
It is hard to wave over 150 .... much over 120 it's not that great .. on a track though, where removing the limiter is ideal, most riders won't do much waving ....