PDA

View Full Version : R1 exhaust

Lord Pac
10th January 2004, 15:55
Kia Ora.

First post and new to the forum! :yes:

Was wondering what after market slipon I should get to put on an 01 R1?

Anyone out there with an aftermarket remus/micron/arrow/akrapovic/yoshimura..... on a R1?

Cheers!

wari
10th January 2004, 16:06
Kia Ora.

Anyone out there with an aftermarket remus/micron/arrow/akrapovic/yoshimura..... on a R1?

Cheers!welcome mate ... pretty sure I can hear wicked one firing up his computa ...

LB
10th January 2004, 17:15
worthwhile trying Mark from Neptune - he's done some R1's. One of our mates is thinking of getting one of his also. Website is www.neptunemufflers.co.nz - Mark's a good guy and does a great job of his exhaust systems, plus he knows about bikes (3 of our 4 bikes have Neptune systems). He's based here in Wellington.

BlueR1
10th January 2004, 21:34
Kia Ora.

Cheers!

Hi there, I would say it would basically come down to personal preference as to which one you choose, I have a full arrow system on my R1, including headers with a oval carbon can, which ever slipon you choose it will be fine as long as its a reputable brand. So yeah Id say go with what you like the look of best....

wkid_one
10th January 2004, 22:07
Kia Ora.

Cheers! I had a blue titanium fade micron pipe on mine - looked absolutely mint and sounded hellish......superb pipe.

Here is a pic

Yamahamaman
10th January 2004, 23:53
Kia Ora.

Cheers!

Yeah, but what is wrong with the one that it came with. In my most humble opinion, Yammaha have done all the sums and come up with what works best off the shelf.

But there is also Staintune. Tony Rees Motorcycles is the NZ agent and a Australasia Yamaha Factory rider. Email tonyrees@wave.co.nz. Not promising anything, but give my name as a referral and you may benefit.

Regards
Murray Owen

Lord Pac
11th January 2004, 08:40
Thanks all! much appreciated!

The stock titanium exh. is fine- nothing wrong with it- I just want the deep sound that come out of the aftermarket ones- sounds fantastic! Not fussed about the extra HP- there's enough as it is on the r1.

Beauti day outside- and i'm on here... Catch you all later! :)

BurnCycle
13th January 2004, 00:43
There's always the custom route... A buddy of mine went with the MV style of exhaust. Only down side is the $$$ and custom fabrication needed.

http://www.mariposaderojo.com/Pics/Rides/16AUG03/YZF2.jpg