PDA

View Full Version : GN250 - After first service

Str8 Jacket
17th August 2005, 11:20
My bike had its very first service yesterday (1000k's) so went and picked it and met Skelstar and Eurynomes for a ride around the bay's. Being a complete newbie to riding I was really surprised to notice how different the bike felt to ride. The clutch seemed alot lighter and the engine definately sounds nicer. I had gotten used to the way it had run before, so it was almost learning to ride it again. The one problem I have is that it is a hell of alot harder to get into 1st gear, especially form neutral - which is a bugger especially at traffic lights etc. The one thing that amazed me is that the bike seems to go a bit faster, as in it pulls away faster in 1st gear than it did before . . . Anyone else with a GN noticed this before, or is it just my imagination?!

madboy
17th August 2005, 12:42
That's cos a lunatic mechanic took the thing for a thrash, revved the snot out of it and freed up the engine, then while pulling a stoppie to check the front brakes he whacked it into 1st while the rear wheel was spinning at 50km/h in the air and destroyed the synchro on 1st gear... but it pulled an awesome wheelie away from the lights after the stoppie :Punk:

Str8 Jacket
17th August 2005, 12:54
That's cos a lunatic mechanic took the thing for a thrash, revved the snot out of it and freed up the engine, then while pulling a stoppie to check the front brakes he whacked it into 1st while the rear wheel was spinning at 50km/h in the air and destroyed the synchro on 1st gear... but it pulled an awesome wheelie away from the lights after the stoppie :Punk:

:rofl: hmmm :confused: If only the GN was capable of that . . . :mellow:

Maximus
17th August 2005, 14:44
The one thing that amazed me is that the bike seems to go a bit faster, as in it pulls away faster in 1st gear than it did before . . .

And after you got your first speeding ticket I thought you'd have learn't to slow down!!! :whistle:

But what your experiencing is perfectly normal. Basically your bike will now be running "properly".

froggyfrenchman
19th August 2005, 20:50
:rofl: hmmm :confused: If only the GN was capable of that . . . :mellow:

It is mate. couldnt do it when i was learning and owned 1, now 6 years later... the missis has 1 that i can stoppie and do 30m wheelies :ride:

GN1NiteStnd
24th August 2005, 09:12
It is mate. couldnt do it when i was learning and owned 1, now 6 years later... the missis has 1 that i can stoppie and do 30m wheelies :ride:

Hey hey hey
Don't thrash my baby!! :nono:

FROSTY
24th August 2005, 09:24
GNu's can do anythink. ya just gotta ask em nicely :spudflip:

T.I.E
24th August 2005, 09:29
actually sounds likes he has adjusted the clutch. and let it out a bit.
long as it runs better sweet as.
and watch out for that 135 kph. thats when things go badle wrong.
or was it 145kph.

hell just don't go over 130kph.

Str8 Jacket
24th August 2005, 09:38
hell just don't go over 130kph.

Mate it gets the "speed wobbles" as soon as you get over 120 and it definately won't sit at 130 comfortably!

Str8 Jacket
24th August 2005, 09:44
Woohoo, double post DOH! . . . . :clap:

T.I.E
24th August 2005, 09:47
yeah i know 130kph, now i look at it after i dropped a valve that maybe it was going a bit hard for the engine to handle. exhaust valve what a bloody noise it made.

but it can be done.
but not advised capatin.

Str8 Jacket
24th August 2005, 10:21
yeah i know 130kph, now i look at it after i dropped a valve that maybe it was going a bit hard for the engine to handle. exhaust valve what a bloody noise it made.

but it can be done.
but not advised capatin.

lol! Yea, and that's why they are an excellent learners bike, not capable of amazing speeds but sturdy and reliable . . . I myself have thought that i'd love a bike with more power but in all seriousness I think I may have done myself an injury or worse with a more powerful bike.

Sparky Bills
24th August 2005, 11:34
GNu's can do anythink. ya just gotta ask em nicely :spudflip:

NA!!!
Just tell it what to do and if it argues... Give it more shit!
That'll learn it for talking back :devil2:

zeRax
24th August 2005, 19:34
~_~ ran mine at 140-145 for - more like 17 - odd km's with a niice tail wind :O >_< sheeeeeeeeee got hot poor thing HEHE