PDA

View Full Version : Good deed for the week/decade

Wolf
17th August 2005, 13:33
A young lass was in the act of parking her scooter on the footpath outside work on Ward Street so I wandered over and suggested she spare herself a fine and park her bike at the free bike park in Worley Place - just a little way away across the intersection.

She hadn't realised that there was a free bike park there (once I pointed she could see the bikes) and I pointed out that the standard Hamilscum Shitty Council fine for parking on the footpath was 40 bucks, while she could park for free across the way for as long as she liked.

Irony was, she was right next to where the Ward St bike park used to be before they turned it iinto a "Goods Vehicles Only" loading zone (which, I might add, the Shitty Council Traffic Nazis police a lot more keenly than they did when it was only a "filthy bikers' " park). Of course, because the Traffic Nazis hover around that loading zone dispensing revenue collection chits like there's no tomorrow, her bike would have been spotted and ticketed before the I finished the remaining quarter of my cigarette.

Told her that as a biker I would rather she didn't get ticketed.

Any of you do similar as a help-out to fellow two-wheelers?

bugjuice
17th August 2005, 13:34
so you didn't get her number then? what was the point..??

Sniper
17th August 2005, 13:38
I once slapped my friend over the head beacuse he tried to run me over on his CR, does that count?

Wolf
17th August 2005, 13:44
so you didn't get her number then? what was the point..??
What's the point in getting her number, she rides a scooter! :devil2:

That and strayjuliet would kill me and feed my remains to the cats...

bugjuice
17th August 2005, 14:00
What's the point in getting her number, she rides a scooter! :devil2:

That and strayjuliet would kill me and feed my remains to the cats...
she could be yearning for something more than a scooter..
but the second point you make might put the anchors on there..

well, good on ya I guess, anyway..
so can I have her number?

Sniper
17th August 2005, 14:11
No, can I have her number

Lias
17th August 2005, 14:31
I'm sure stray would be up for a 3some lol.

Lou Girardin
17th August 2005, 14:39
Do you guys realise how sad and desperate this sounds? :chase:

scumdog
17th August 2005, 14:43
Vultures scrabbling over a phone number, sheesh!! :weep:

Wolf
17th August 2005, 14:49
Vultures scrabbling over a phone number, sheesh!! :weep:
And I didn't even give a description or say whether she was pretty or not...

If I've said "a spunky looking chic" I could've doubled the post count in half the time...

Storm
17th August 2005, 14:52
Well done that man. We are all enemies of the Revenuers

Sniper
17th August 2005, 14:56
So can I have her phone number?

Wolf
17th August 2005, 15:04
So can I have her phone number?
Funnily enough, her number did not come up in a discussion about "dam' revenooers"

Sniper
17th August 2005, 15:08
Ok, well what did she look like? I'll find out that way, stalk her until she gives in and then I dont know but the stalking thing will be fun

zadok
17th August 2005, 15:09
Onya for giving her some guidance. I would do the same. Sometimes when I've been in ticket parking and I've gone back to my car and have some time still left on the ticket, I'll pass it on to someone or leave it in the slot of the machine.

Smorg
17th August 2005, 15:31
You should've sniffed her hair when she had her back turned..........that freaks em out.
Well done on the kind gesture though :woohoo:

Motu
17th August 2005, 15:31
I got a young boy who comes in everyday to see how I'm getting on with his JR50 minibike,his cuzzies borrowed it and it came back with no back wheel...I'm clutching at straws that I might find one at the swap meet.

Today he comes in with blood pouring off his hand,so I dress him up with a couple of band aids - we fix all sorts down here....

Sniper
17th August 2005, 15:42
Today he comes in with blood pouring off his hand,so I dress him up with a couple of band aids - we fix all sorts down here....

Cuzzie bro's do that too?

Beemer
18th August 2005, 15:18
I was pissed off one day after registering yet another bike/car and saw this woman with an expired licence label. I was tempted to pot her, but then thought I'd be kind and point out it was expired as the police were doing a bit of a blitz on warrants, rego, etc. She was really grateful as she hadn't noticed it had expired. Saw her a day later and she'd renewed it, so I felt pleased because it had the desired outcome for both of us - she didn't get a ticket and I wasn't so pissed off because she paid up too!