PDA

View Full Version : Broadband sign up time again?

Reckless
10th April 2013, 23:53
Been on the Telstra clear $75 phone and 40 gig plan. Now those deals have dropped to 7$75 for 30 gig (not enough).
And pissed of they dont do slow down when you reach your cap. Also pissed off they didn't advise me when my deal finished so I didn't cop full charges for two months before I clicked on.

Son is home now using heaps of data and signed up for MotoGP streaming.

Not a Telecom liker but looks like their $99 150gig and phone line is the best deal out there?

Looked at
Slingshot good deal at $97 for 100gig but bad feedback.
Compass $80 plus $20 for phone unlimited but really bad feedback.
Woosh cant really compete.
Voda are good but I use a work mobile so won't qualify for their 100gig mega pack for $95
Flip good deal but doesnt supply to Howick??
Not in Orcons discount area either

So its between Telescum or Megatel not sure if I want to take a punt on the disconnection fee if Megatal turns out to be a dude??

Any other deals out there??

iYRe
11th April 2013, 09:28
been using slingshot for years, never had a problem. On the unlimited plan and its sweet.
Mind you, the only downloading I do is legit using FTP/SSH which is unrestricted.

clonak
11th April 2013, 10:17
at my last flat they had slingshot unlimited, never had many problems. Had more problems with the wireless then the actuall internet. Use to use them years ago when they first started out with dial up, it was ok except I got put on their abuse list, one of the sales guys there was quite impressed I managed to do 8-10gb a month on dial.

We have Vodafone at the moment, and it keeps dropping out. Had it a few years back when they first came out offering landlines/broadband, same problem. The speed seems good, just reliability. I hear in Australia they are the same.

If it were my choice, I would probably go for slingshot, and with thier new roll over data, if you dont use it all one month, you can go nuts the next month.

SMOKEU
11th April 2013, 11:46
Go with Snap. They don't shape traffic and their data packs are excellent value compared to Telstra.

p.dath
11th April 2013, 12:59
See if you can get the new UFB in your area, and go that way.