PDA

View Full Version : I win

haydes55
12th April 2013, 23:41
7:30 tomorrow i'll be doing a hotlap in a v8 ute. Just thought I'd rub it in :cool:

Big Dave
13th April 2013, 00:17
What sort of motorcycle is the ute delivering?

cc rider
13th April 2013, 01:18
Be sure to lean into the corners Hayden...

scissorhands
13th April 2013, 07:17
Put a 50kg brick on the tray near the tailgate, the ass is too light on the ute

Road kill
13th April 2013, 08:15
You mean you'll be sitting in the passenger seat while somebody else does a lap.

An your rubbing in what ? :sleep:

Maha
13th April 2013, 08:29
Am or Pm?...if it's Am...how was it? and if it's Pm...have fun Hayden.

EDIT: mmmmm no night fast lap :rolleyes:

oldrider
13th April 2013, 15:23
Am or Pm?...if it's Am...how was it? and if it's Pm...have fun Hayden.

+1 on that .... enjoy? :eek:

wysper
13th April 2013, 15:27
That should be awesome fun. Let us know what you thought.

ducatilover
13th April 2013, 16:42
I approve of this

haydes55
13th April 2013, 18:48
The acceleration was actually brutal out of the pits. But tbh it wasn't pulling many G's in the corners. Reckon it would be more of a rush on a bike or in the supercar. Another plus today was winning a simulator race so i got to watch the nzv8 utes from 18m up on the inside of the hairpin. That was the best view money couldnt buy! I even tried bribing the good looking promo girl to let me stay up there and she wouldn't have a bar of it :( nice "rear view" from up there though (uhhhh like the back straight... ). She sqats.:2thumbsup

spanner spinner
13th April 2013, 21:14
Reckon it would be more of a rush on a bike or in the supercar.

Yep your right, when I was living in Auckland friend of mine won a hot lap package with Greg Murphy and then couldn't make it to Auckland at the last minute so I had to fill in for him. Couldn't let it go to waste. 5 laps round pukekohe in last years V8 race car, CBR1000rr still accelerates faster but I thought I could brake late for the hairpin when I was racing my RGV250, but the car didn't start braking till way after my last braking marker was long gone some where way behind the boot lid. And then it started to rain for the last two laps and we where on slicks, lots more fun to be had. Some thing every petrolhead needs to do. The car guys who where there waiting for there turn did think I was nuts to race bikes round Pukekohe, the big concrete walls frightened them in there cars.

ducatilover
15th April 2013, 10:19
That's cool dude :Punk:
Those utes go bloody well for what they are though. If I recall correctly they aren't running anything too extreme in terms of suspension/motor set ups. Although the Commodore still runs the IRS they use in the production utes I think and the Ford still runs the leaves?
Seriously nice thing to chuck sideways those utes :innocent:

Banditbandit
15th April 2013, 16:35
Now you can beat yourself all round Pukekohe ...

(Naaa .. seriously bro .. good one .. hope it was fun .. that would be very cool)