PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for a scooter

shankly
13th April 2013, 08:55
Hi, so I have myself hooked up with a nice Kymco 150 for the hills in Welly. Got myself booked into a learner course, got a helmet and had a good yarn to the guy at Scooterazi.

Where is the best place to get insurance for the scooter?
Does anyone know if riding a motorbike has a effect on your life insurance?

Cheers
Shanks

Akzle
13th April 2013, 13:22
anyone gay enough to steal a scooter obviously needs it more than you.

the other thing, would be click into that little box, top right, and type "insurance" and prepare to have your mind blown at how many times this has been discussed.

awa355
13th April 2013, 13:53
My 100cc scooter is insured with AMI. $150 for full cover. I just lumped it in with the other insurances.

They generally carry a lower premium than motorbikes but that will depend on your record. If you have a history of claims and traffic offences, you will pay through the nose regardless of what you are insuring.

shankly
13th April 2013, 17:17
Thanks, kiwibiker seems the way to go. Looks like Awa gets right pissed off on insurance questions.

Search button worked great thank you.

awa355
15th April 2013, 16:57
Why would I be pissed off about insurance questions? I simply stated that your driving record would have a bearing on your insurance premiums.

As for me, I've been riding for 44 years and have never made an insurance claim on a motorcycle, or car apart from a couple of windscreen breakages.