PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha R1 stolen 2006

cruss
20th April 2013, 18:01
Ive had my 2006(registered 2007) Yamaha R1 on trademe for sale and had a guy ring me wanting to view it today, i was out and would be back at 2pm to meet him. An hour later got home and my garage has been ripped open and my bike and helmet has been stolen. If anyone hears of anything please contact the police. Blue and white R1 with GYTR pipes on it and a tail tidy. Rego is 33ZHA. Neighbours heard it go 20mins before i got home, round 1.30pm. Address it was taken from was in Tekowhai, Hamilton.

Fast Eddie
20th April 2013, 18:04
Look for the guy that called you today.. or one of his associates.

phone company/trademe may be able to help. not sure if they can see who has viewed your advert specifically on tradies. phone company should be able to trace who called you.

tigertim20
20th April 2013, 19:45
fuck thats brazen/ no additional security? trackers etc?

I hope you catch the filthy fucking cunt

fastoyz
20th April 2013, 19:53
did you leave the key in it?

Steve Gauge
20th April 2013, 20:09
unbelievable mate they were cutting it close to you getting home , imagine if you had caught them in your drive ,im surprised you didn't see them on your way home out there

jellywrestler
20th April 2013, 20:49
Ive had my 2006(registered 2007) Yamaha R1 on trademe for sale and had a guy ring me wanting to view it today, i was out and would be back at 2pm to meet him. An hour later got home and my garage has been ripped open and my bike and helmet has been stolen. If anyone hears of anything please contact the police. Blue and white R1 with GYTR pipes on it and a tail tidy. Rego is 33ZHA. Neighbours heard it go 20mins before i got home, round 1.30pm. Address it was taken from was in Tekowhai, Hamilton.

do you have a link to the trade me ad,
A can you put it up here
B can you add a note to it saying it's been swiped

cruss
20th April 2013, 20:52
Thats why its frustrating, daylight with neighbours home and maybe a hour and a half max from the time he rung me till the time we got home. Yeah i would have definitly noticed my bike if it had gone pass the same way we came home. No additional security, its a very nasty learning curve. My bike, helmet and work boots were taken. I should of meet him elsewhere and not given out my address but i never would have thought it would happen so easy.

cruss
20th April 2013, 20:59
I rung trade me earlier to see if i could put in the ad that its stolen etc and is there anything they can do, she said they don't allow it cause its not what they want on there site, and said best she withdraws it. She did say they work close with the police tho so hopefully they look into it. I unfortunately cant bring up the ad anymore to forward on. Ill try phone company as well but ive heard the privacy act prevents them saying much-but ill check anyway. Otherwise just got to wait and hope the police look into it all.

sil3nt
20th April 2013, 21:35
Shit news mate. Are you the the guy that sold me the gpx250 a few years ago? That got stolen in january :( best of luck finding your r1. Will keep my eyes peeled as the cunts are usually dumb enough to ride them around. Any photos?

Cpt Lepi
20th April 2013, 21:36
Here is a copy of your add, you can download it as PDF if you want to keep it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UYfgLmyxqtoJ:www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-581098252.htm+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz&client=firefox-a

cruss
20th April 2013, 22:02
Hi, yeah the gpx was my partners then my dads before we sold it on behalf of dad to you. Gutted to hear that got nicked to. I dont get why they get taken, surly they cant do much with a jap sport bike-or is there a market for parts from them.Work and buy one like everyone else. Heres couple photos.

cruss
20th April 2013, 22:05
Here is a copy of your add, you can download it as PDF if you want to keep it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UYfgLmyxqtoJ:www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-581098252.htm+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz&client=firefox-a

Hey thanks for that.

MIXONE
20th April 2013, 23:23
Must be the Waikato.The only bike I've had stolen was from outside the fucking Hamilton library about 25 years ago.I feel for you mate.

20th April 2013, 23:53
Sorry to hear about your bike mate.
I had the same thing happen to me years ago when a guy rang about my advertised bike .
He asked for a time to come look at it I told him (like a fuckwit) that I would be home at 4:30 so some time before that the prick came and broke into my garage and stole it.:mad:

BigAl
21st April 2013, 07:17
Mongrels, feel for you mate.

Will keep an eye out but probably out of town by now, any aftermarket/distinguishing parts apart from the pipes?

breakaway
21st April 2013, 10:31
Next time, if someone calls and asks to view at a time inconvenient to you, tell them you are 'busy' and not that you are out, and definitely don't tell them how long you'll be out for. And, if they ask for your address tell them to travel to your general area first then meet somewhere near a local landmark (ride the bike there).

If they get shitty tell them your flatmates get anal about having randoms over.

Any real rider will understand why these precautions are necessary.

Any other way is far too risky.

fastoyz
21st April 2013, 12:02
Next time, if someone calls and asks to view at a time inconvenient to you, tell them you are 'busy' and not that you are out, and definitely don't tell them how long you'll be out for. And, if they ask for your address tell them to travel to your general area first then meet somewhere near a local landmark (ride the bike there).

also don't put your phone number on trademe, make them email you to get it so you get a trademe account better starting point than a random pre paid number

imdying
21st April 2013, 12:18
This seems to go on often enough up north. Generally the thous getting hit, so you know what they like. Think about it.

sidecar bob
21st April 2013, 12:20
Maybe best to organise to meet them at a shopping centre or the likes, not nesacarily the one nearest your home.

Laava
21st April 2013, 13:11
You could try getting a mate,or using a different cellphone to yours, to contact them looking for point bags, or whatever they call it at the moment, just on the offchance that you can catch up with them. I am assuming that you still have the cell no? have you tried googling the cell no to see if it is linked to a TM account or similar? No doubt you have given it to the cops by now too.

breakaway
21st April 2013, 17:04
also don't put your phone number on trademe, make them email you to get it so you get a trademe account better starting point than a random pre paid number

What's the risk in just putting in your prepaid 021/027 # ?

tigertim20
21st April 2013, 18:09
What's the risk in just putting in your prepaid 021/027 # ?

you missed the point.

if you leave your phone number, they can contact you directly, probably using a $20 cell phone and an untraceable $2 2 degrees sim card.

If you DONT put a number on your advertisement, but say 'please email for further inquiries' then when they email, you have a trail of the account of the person who has contacted you - although I dont imagine its hard to create a fake trademe account, or make one thats NOT adress verified making it much harder to be tracked down.

Either way, all these wonderful hints are useless now anyway, as some filthy cunt-rag has taken someones pride and joy, and the chances of getting it back are pretty slim given that this seems to be fairly organised and was probably pinched 'to order'.

I really really hope Im wrong for the OP though, cunts who pinch and chop uo Yamaha's need to be skull fucked

cruss
21st April 2013, 23:12
Mongrels, feel for you mate.

Will keep an eye out but probably out of town by now, any aftermarket/distinguishing parts apart from the pipes?

Thanks,the only other thing i did to it was put in a tail light that has the indicators integrated into it.

cruss
21st April 2013, 23:16

Your spot on mate,wish i had of done that but didnt even cross my mind at the time.

cruss
21st April 2013, 23:19

Yeah true,thanks.

cruss
21st April 2013, 23:24
You could try getting a mate,or using a different cellphone to yours, to contact them looking for point bags, or whatever they call it at the moment, just on the offchance that you can catch up with them. I am assuming that you still have the cell no? have you tried googling the cell no to see if it is linked to a TM account or similar? No doubt you have given it to the cops by now too.

Yip ive given all the info to the cops.The number came up as private number '

F5 Dave
22nd April 2013, 12:17
private no. doesn't mean anything to telcos hence cops. ut they wouldn't be that stupid to have tracable.

F5 Dave
22nd April 2013, 12:18
Maybe best to organise to meet them at a shopping centre or the likes, not nesacarily the one nearest your home.
Yeah right.

Sure it isn't stolen, but I'll meet you in a dark carpark, bring cash.

I wouldn't bother buying a bike from that chap.

Fast Eddie
22nd April 2013, 12:54
Yeah right.

Sure it isn't stolen, but I'll meet you in a dark carpark, bring cash.

no, you'd probably steal it as soon as you had his home address..

F5 Dave
22nd April 2013, 13:02
its a hard course, but I don't want to buy a stolen bike much less than I want a bike stolen (I've had two go in other people's custody).

Its all a bit rough & hope the mongrels get dead & bike recovered ok.

breakaway
22nd April 2013, 14:09

Your loss :)

Really though, you should be purchasing a carjam report or similar to verify the owner of the motorcycle is who they say they are regardless of the venue where you view the bike. If they have taken advantage of the NZTA Opt-Out, have them opt-in for the purpose of the sale.

quickbuck
22nd April 2013, 14:59
Sorry for the loss, and it is a sucky lesson to learn. Hope Karma gets them!

As said, always just give a time, never say what you are up to before hand.....
Feel free to say you are out, but make sure you are NOT! That way if they do happen to pop around early you can suprise them.
Get their rego number on the car/ vehicle they bring around too, and then if they are acting a little dodgy let the local policeman know.
It may be a genuine buyer you have just reported suspicious, but they will have a genuine reason for turning up early (Or more likely won't turn up early at all... really who does turn up an hour or so early?).

Dodgy characters are not as smart as they think they are....
Oh and they are always coming around to check out your stuff..... So keep an eye out for "Buyers" who seem to have wandering eyes, and are only half interested in the bike, and seem to be looking around the shed and in the lounge.

haydes55
22nd April 2013, 15:24
was it insured? if so then that's just an annoying sale. but you get the price you wanted. if not then :nono:

cruss
22nd April 2013, 22:28
was it insured? if so then that's just an annoying sale. but you get the price you wanted. if not then :nono:

Yeah definitly insured-for market value. Just the mucking around and the time waiting.plus now ill probley go to the extreme with security and become obsessed.

tigertim20
23rd April 2013, 20:04
Yeah definitly insured-for market value. Just the mucking around and the time waiting.plus now ill probley go to the extreme with security and become obsessed.

you can never be too obsessed with the security of your bike!

Too bad some 'security options' are illegal due to the potential to cause harm.

hasnt stopped me from utilising some outside-the-box thinking on security for my bikes!

Grasshopperus
23rd April 2013, 23:40
now ill probley go to the extreme with security and become obsessed.

I reckon that's the worst part of thievery; the long-term effects that it has on the victim. It's a form of violation for sure.

So sorry for your loss mate. I actually had your bike on my TM watchlist and was seriously considering it. At least you have insurance.

cynna
24th April 2013, 03:40
thought this may have been the bike but its another one from hamilton. this is from the myrides fb page

"It was stolen at approximately 9pm on Sunday, 21 April from a flagstaff address in Hamilton. Police have the person in custody but he is refusing to tell them where the bike is. He has connections all around Hamilton and in Auckland."

To view full listing follow this link:
http://www.myrides.co.nz/stolen-2008-yamaha-r1-xidc102665.html"

almd
24th April 2013, 09:14
Hey mate, my 2008 R1 was stolen on Sunday evening (21/04/13) in Flagstaff by a guy called Kennedy O'Conner Williams. He came over, said he was keen and had to get a trailer and the money so he left. A few hours later he came back, took the bike for a quick ride around the culdesace we live in and rode off with no helmet, no riding gear. He was caught by police about an hour later but there's no sign of the bike.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy who has stolen your bike. What was his cell number? 022 372 8614? He is a P addict and I think he had a debt to settle. He has links to Auckland, Tauranga and Rotorua.

What have the police said to you?

Williams is in Waikeria prison now...the police have been looking for him for the past few weeks and were glad to catch him when we reported the bike stolen. His court date for sentencing is 5 June. We are hoping for repiration but going by the record of our court systems it is doubtful we will even get a couple hundred bucks.

almd
24th April 2013, 09:17
thought this may have been the bike but its another one from hamilton. this is from the myrides fb page

"It was stolen at approximately 9pm on Sunday, 21 April from a flagstaff address in Hamilton. Police have the person in custody but he is refusing to tell them where the bike is. He has connections all around Hamilton and in Auckland."

To view full listing follow this link:
http://www.myrides.co.nz/stolen-2008-yamaha-r1-xidc102665.html"

Thanks for sharing this mate - that's my bike. Seems like this is a common thing in Hamilton now. If only I had 5 minutes with the guy who stole it....

cruss
25th April 2013, 22:23
Hey mate, my 2008 R1 was stolen on Sunday evening (21/04/13) in Flagstaff by a guy called Kennedy O'Conner Williams. He came over, said he was keen and had to get a trailer and the money so he left. A few hours later he came back, took the bike for a quick ride around the culdesace we live in and rode off with no helmet, no riding gear. He was caught by police about an hour later but there's no sign of the bike.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy who has stolen your bike. What was his cell number? 022 372 8614? He is a P addict and I think he had a debt to settle. He has links to Auckland, Ta and Rotorua.

What have the police said to you?

Williams is in Waikeria prison now...the police have been looking for him for the past few weeks and were glad to catch him when we reported the bike stolen. His court date for sentencing is 5 June. We are hoping for repiration but going by the record of our court systems it is doubtful we will even get a couple hundred bucks.

Hey i just replied on your thread. All i want is for he/them to get caught . The couple times he rung me the number came up as private. Even if you got insurance its pretty gutting.

almd
26th April 2013, 08:49
Hey i just replied on your thread, i'll mention his name when i call the cops again tomorrow. All i want is the guys/guy to go down. Pity he didnt crash. The couple times he rung me the number came up as private. Even if you got insurance its pretty gutting.

My bike was recovered yesterday - see my thread for the details. Long story short we got two bike thieves based in Hamilton in police custody in less than a week. Great result from this end but you should definately keep pestering the cops about your situation.

Put your bike on Facebook, advertise that it's been stolen. Know any dodgy people? Tell them too. The cops probably won't look for your bike which is unfortunate. My bike was probably sitting behind a locked door at the property they searched on the night it was stolen.

Let me know what happens and hopefully you find your bike!