PDA

View Full Version : GPi plus

Fiddy40
20th April 2013, 20:16
Hi,
If you would like to see some magic electrical modifications go to youtube and type in .... Thommohawk...... the guys name is Paul. The GPi = Gear position indicator. I have had some email chats with him and he is a very clever man.
This is just what I will be having done to my GSX1400, he has also developed those for other models and not only suzuki. He is also working on systems.

Cheers Fiddy
:)

Fiddy40
24th April 2013, 08:05
Did anyone find this of interest or help, just curious. Don't know of anything like this in NZ, unless you do?

Cheers Fiddy

imdying
24th April 2013, 11:11
I just didn't really see anything to get very excited about... so it's a microcontroller hooked up to the gear position sensor, and some LEDs behind the speedo face plate... big whoop, you could do this yourself pretty easily. This would've been cool ten years ago though :)

These days I'm more impressed by the various projects about that hack the serial data stream between ECUs and dashboards... biggest benefit being to people who streetfighter their bikes (which involves fitting a smaller or minimal dash), but still wanting access to the fault codes from the ECU.

FWIW