PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q RE: RJays jacket; armor

sefer
18th August 2005, 19:07
Just a quick one, what is the general opinion on RJ's jackets? I'm just looking at buying one from trademe for $70 and am wondering what the aprox normal value of these are, and what the quaility is like.

I'm actually getting it mainly for the removable armor (shoulders, elbows) which I'm told is CE rated by the seller. Plus it has a fold down rain vest that'll be useful too. (I've got a Teknics perf'd leather jacket that came with no armor, and for obvious reasons would be of little use on it's own in the rain :) )

Also what is armor worth anyway? I've managed to score some shoulder armor off trade me for $5, but it seems that the only NZ websites that list a price are $40+ per set..

If it wasn't for the fact I've already scored the shoulder armor for so cheap buying the jacket just for the armor would be a no brainer if armor is $40+, but the point lessens a bit now that I do have it..

Gremlin
19th August 2005, 00:47
I have the RJays jacket attached and its bloody brilliant, waterproof, CE Armour in shoulders, elbows, foam back protector. Zip out liner as well.

Fold down rain vest?? Obviously there is a range of jackets, so I don't know what yours is. I don't know how much armour costs, but there are pockets in the jacket to take the armour, so your armour might/might not fit in the pockets.

I bought this jacket second-hand, but I think they retail for about $300-$400. I have not hand a single problem with the jacket, and it really is waterproof.

DrHook
19th August 2005, 10:11
I've an RJays jacket with the features you describe but may be a different model as there are quite a few around. I like mine and would buy another in the future. It's about 2 years old and I can hardly find any wear and tear. I have been wearing it for nearly every weekday since I bought it. Yes, the water-proofing is quite good too. Paid about $160 for it overseas.

Hope that helps.

hondacmx450
19th August 2005, 12:05
i got one this year and i like it mine is a day jacket but i were it all the time and yip im happy mine was 450 but am buying another one soon

sefer
19th August 2005, 19:27
Cheers for the responses guys.

I really like to get an idea of stuff before I buy it, and since Rjays don't seem to have a site, and I can't find the same jacket on any webstores, it's hard to get a good idea of the quality and material used.

This is the one anyway..
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=33282325

I've got a fixed price offer for now.

My Teknics jacket is actually brand new btw, hence the humming and haring regarding geting another jacket so soon.. Am currently loving it with the warmer weather thou. Gets a bit chilly at night thou if you don't have something decient under it :)