PDA

View Full Version : You know what I hate about Kiwi Biker?

DanielM8
23rd April 2013, 01:45
..you have 5 minutes to spare, start reading a topic, then you're still reading it like a good novel an hour later. :D

More on topic note: thinking about going For my Bike learners this week..maybe..or saving another 2 weeks to get basic training with my bhs test... I don't know... cant wait to get my bike on the road and start learning in the suburbs...

haydes55
23rd April 2013, 06:52
Nike.
Just do it.
Even if you suck.

but seriously just do it. you'll regret not doing it sooner.

Maha
23rd April 2013, 06:55
Procrastinating is another pet hate of many.

Edbear
23rd April 2013, 07:00

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? :msn-wink:

Hitcher
23rd April 2013, 08:52
I really hate members who unthinkingly post stuff in the wrong threads. But course I'd say that. I'm a grumpy Moderator with nothing better to do than to move shit around.

Banditbandit
23rd April 2013, 10:17
Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? :msn-wink:

Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today ... if you like it today you can do it again tomorrow !!!

Edbear
23rd April 2013, 10:28
Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today ... if you like it today you can do it again tomorrow !!!

I must tell the Mrs....

FJRider
23rd April 2013, 10:31

I procrastinate often ... but I might have to put it off for a while ...

Flip
23rd April 2013, 10:35
Mine is jap bike riders. :bleh:

DanielM8
23rd April 2013, 11:54
I really hate members who unthinkingly post stuff in the wrong threads. But course I'd say that. I'm a grumpy Moderator with nothing better to do than to move shit around.

Sorry grumpy moderator man. I was lookin for the spam and useless shit section. :)

Yeah what the hell, I'll just do it. Ridertraining a good place to do it?

Erelyes
23rd April 2013, 12:45
Got my learners a couple months ago, at the age of 28.. Should have done it 10 years ago.

Do eeeet

DanielM8
23rd April 2013, 12:49
Got my learners a couple months ago, at the age of 28.. Should have done it 10 years ago.

Do eeeet

What practice did you do beforehand? Did you make any slip ups like any clutch trouble or wobbling? How much will they overlook?

PrincessBandit
23rd April 2013, 13:15

Ah, you obviously did today what you could have put off until tomorrow... (by which time someone else might have moved it, Mr Grumpy britches :laugh: )

Murray
23rd April 2013, 13:26
But remember Today is only yesterdays tomorrow

awa355
23rd April 2013, 13:35
I procrastinate often ... but I might have to put it off for a while ...

I was going to procrastinate about a lot of things, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

FJRider
23rd April 2013, 13:37
I was going to procrastinate about a lot of things, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Times change .... I used to be apathetic ... but now I just couldn't care less ...

Hitcher
23rd April 2013, 13:38
I, however, used to be conceited but now I'm perfect. Good things take time.

onearmedbandit
23rd April 2013, 13:42
Mine is jap bike riders. :bleh:

Mine is boring trolls.

BigAl
23rd April 2013, 13:56
You know what I hate about Kiwi Biker?

Riders that don't wave:nono:

DanielM8
23rd April 2013, 14:03
Riders that don't wave:nono:

Does a nod count?

Banditbandit
23rd April 2013, 14:15
A nod is as good as a wink ...

jasonu
23rd April 2013, 14:32

How much does that job pay?

avgas
23rd April 2013, 14:42
Out of interest anyone know of someone who wants a cheap LAMS approved bike - gonna be putting one on trademe soon, but if someone PM's me beforehand will sell it to them cheaper.

But back on topic - I seriously thought this thread was going to be racist.

scissorhands
23rd April 2013, 15:19
..you have 5 minutes to spare, start reading a topic, then you're still reading it like a good novel an hour later. :D

More on topic note: thinking about going For my Bike learners this week..maybe..or saving another 2 weeks to get basic training with my bhs test... I don't know... cant wait to get my bike on the road and start learning in the suburbs...

Take your mirrors off and ride around a flat [dry] field/football pitch. If you drop it, little damage will occur.

There is some monthly get together with a bunch of learner women on scooters, in Avondale I think. Might meet a RIDING buddy/buddette as well:msn-wink:

DanielM8
23rd April 2013, 15:49
Take your mirrors off and ride around a flat [dry] field/football pitch. If you drop it, little damage will occur.

There is some monthly get together with a bunch of learner women on scooters, in Avondale I think. Might meet a RIDING buddy/buddette as well:msn-wink:

Good idea. I have a big drive so I've been going back and forward around my drive practicing... a bit of a hill for hill starts too

I'm on a 125 bike now ... aren't I supposed to hate scoooterers now?

On that subject, what are your guys experience with (NASS is it?) ... are there many learners around my age.. 18-20 there or is Older guys?

Maha
23rd April 2013, 15:53
I, however, used to be conceited but now I'm perfect. Good things take time.

So does taking a shit, those that rush such an intergal part of ones day, have no idea what they're missing. It's not the smell because mine doesn't.

swbarnett
23rd April 2013, 17:48
I would procrastinate but I can never seem to get around to it.

bosslady
23rd April 2013, 18:02
Pay for lessons with an instructor to learn the basics, clutch, brakes, hill starts etc. Get some experience out by yourself. Then, try and get a lesson on the road with an instructor. Extremely helpful I have found especially in terms of road positioning and other safety shit. But out of everything I have done the thing I have found that has helped the most is going on random, long trips, I built up to that though....

FJRider
23rd April 2013, 18:12
Mine is boring trolls.

Mine is "Goodbye" threads ... <_<

Maha
23rd April 2013, 18:45
I would procrastinate but I can never seem to get around to it.

Can I get back to you later? I may or may not have other things to do....perhaps.

Berries
23rd April 2013, 20:00
At least his was only a couple of lines long and bike related as opposed to the full page wankathon meanderings that some people have been posting of late.

cc rider
24th April 2013, 01:10
Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? :msn-wink:"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

Akzle
24th April 2013, 06:56
@OP

just go and do it, if you can "ride" a bike around some cones and generally or otherwise not fall off for a half hour, you can get your BHS signed off. if you look confident it helps, if you can pop wheelies and do burnouts... well, it'd be badass.

Out of interest anyone know of someone who wants a cheap LAMS approved bike - gonna be putting one on trademe soon, but if someone PM's me beforehand will sell it to them cheaper.

i want a cheap bike fullstop. giz it.

Banditbandit
24th April 2013, 09:06

How do you know we have "put it in the wrong thread" as it where ... Maybe we put it exactly where we want it to be ...

FJRider
24th April 2013, 11:39
At least his was only a couple of lines long and bike related as opposed to the full page wankathon meanderings that some people have been posting of late.

And NO quoted images either .... Grumpy OLD moderators will always be grumpy OLD moderators ...