PDA

View Full Version : British Superbikes on Sky

Mort
2nd May 2013, 17:09
Sky have just announced they are showing the rest of the BSB season on Sky Sport from this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/skysportnz?fref=ts

yod
2nd May 2013, 17:21
ah right...they've got all this cash set aside for motogp that they're no longer spending so they thought they'd get the BSB instead....fair enuff I spose....I'll watch it.

jellywrestler
2nd May 2013, 17:29
so now they should get a influx of thank you notes from everyone happy they're getting that.... yeah right

Usarka
2nd May 2013, 17:30
Must be cheap.

MIXONE
2nd May 2013, 17:56
It's a bit like being threatened with an increase of a grand,making some noise and then thinking you have won when they say ok it'll only be $600!

Dave-
2nd May 2013, 20:25
Must be cheap.

This.

I bet BSB is sooooo cheap (in comparison to motogp)

lukemillar
3rd May 2013, 14:27
This.

I bet BSB is sooooo cheap (in comparison to motogp)

But....It is probably about 10x more interesting racing

Bykmad
3rd May 2013, 17:05
They are also looking at more racing coverage, so stay tuned.

Kendog
3rd May 2013, 18:06
Really????

lukemillar
3rd May 2013, 18:37
Really????

Yes, really

quickbuck
3rd May 2013, 18:40
Yes, really

I'll stick my head out and say I agree....
In fact the last couple of years I only watched Moto2 and Moto3 with any real interest.....

Waiting for the flames.......

Yow Ling
3rd May 2013, 19:12
So clearly none of you guys made a stand and cancelled your sky sport, no wonder they can treat you like a doormat

jellywrestler
3rd May 2013, 19:42
So clearly none of you guys made a stand and cancelled your sky sport, no wonder they can treat you like a doormat

guilty, but i never had it in the first place

Usarka
3rd May 2013, 19:54

Clearly how kemosabe.

Me no sky in teepee.

Yow Ling
3rd May 2013, 20:09
Clearly how kemosabe.

Me no sky in teepee.

Me no pee in sky teapot

pritch
3rd May 2013, 20:24
I have not watched BSB, it not having been shown here previously. There have been small snippets on the 'Net occasionally showing great racing (of course a brief package wil). But BSB does have a reputation as being one of the best series to watch.

Nobody has to watch it, but I will

CHOPPA
3rd May 2013, 22:25
Just tried to book it on my mysky and it seems I have to subscribe to the Chanel over and above normal sport channels

Kornholio
3rd May 2013, 23:37

Really????

Yes, really

MotoGP is definately more prestigious but BSB is nearly a full contact sport .... And Nitro Nori is in it too

guilty, but i never had it in the first place

Heh me too... but I know people that have......:eek:

Dave-
3rd May 2013, 23:52
Just tried to book it on my mysky and it seems I have to subscribe to the Chanel over and above normal sport channels

The plot thickens....

Gremlin
4th May 2013, 02:51
Don't have any Sky at all...

The small amount of superbikes (aka, not MotoGP) I've seen on free TV, it looks far more exciting, and the bikes are more real world too...

scracha
4th May 2013, 07:42

I think you'll find that many of us did.

roogazza
4th May 2013, 08:24
MotoGP is definately more prestigious but BSB is nearly a full contact sport .... And Nitro Nori is in it too

I have a mate close by, that passes on BSB discs he gets from a mate of his in England.
Some of the best racing you'll get and the circuits are great too.
Not Motogp, but good stuff and the racing is as good if not better than WSBK.

lukemillar
4th May 2013, 08:45
I have not watched BSB, it not having been shown here previously. There have been small snippets on the 'Net occasionally showing great racing (of course a brief package wil). But BSB does have a reputation as being one of the best series to watch.

Nobody has to watch it, but I will

Check out the last few laps of the 2011 season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94PF43oEps

Probably one of the best season finales I have ever seen!

Hopefully, it will have the same commentators - Jack Burnicle and Jamie Whitham, who are probably the best bike racing commentators out there. Only down side is the grid is smaller than previous years, but the racing has been just as good this year. They run control ECU's and very little electronics, so bikes are incredibly closely matched and the racing very close.

AndyR1
4th May 2013, 09:37
Wow - 30min on Tuesday 2pm - better to watch on YouTube for free. What a shame :laugh:

Mort
4th May 2013, 12:45
Wow - 30min on Tuesday 2pm - better to watch on YouTube for free. What a shame :laugh:

Its on live on Monday night 11:30pm to 5:00 am - Sky Sports 4

quickbuck
6th May 2013, 11:11

Sweet... Cheers.

roogazza
7th May 2013, 19:13

I copied it and watched it this morning , over 4 hours of great racing . 2 Legs and the previous two meetings in the middle.
Good stuff.

saul
7th May 2013, 21:14
Really????

Hell yes it is so much better

Muzzab
7th May 2013, 22:24
I copied it and watched it this morning , over 4 hours of great racing . 2 Legs and the previous two meetings in the middle.
Good stuff.

I only managed to record the first race, must have needed to hit record again somewhere along the way, well worth a look though, good racing.

boman
8th May 2013, 07:58
I only managed to record the first race, must have needed to hit record again somewhere along the way, well worth a look though, good racing.

Fucken sky moved the goalposts, that is why you only got first race. I had mine all set to record, from 11.55 - 5 am, and I checked before I went to work.

When I get home this morning, I see that I too only got 71 mins of racing, so sometime they changed things.

Cleve
8th May 2013, 08:30
... And Nitro Nori is in it too

That was last season. This year Kiyonari is back in. 3 x BSB champion (same as Shakey). However Kiyo is not going well at all this year. Way back.
I have been following BSB for several years (I am in on the Racing for Me site).
It is mostly great racing - and some of those British tracks are great.
Try this for size!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYx9DoYhCIU

Cleve
8th May 2013, 08:33
sometimes those jumps can go wrong ! As happened to Leon Camier a few years ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9DhGIuLIQo

Kendog
8th May 2013, 13:26
Hell yes it is so much better
I guess for me it's like most sports I watch on TV. The club game/race may be more exciting, but I will always prefer to watch the top level version.

Kornholio
8th May 2013, 15:54
That was last season.

Oh ratshit, what he doing this year?

lukemillar
8th May 2013, 16:01
I guess for me it's like most sports I watch on TV. The club game/race may be more exciting, but I will always prefer to watch the top level version.

BSB is not exactly 'club' level. Besides, even in GP terms moto3 and moto2 have eclipsed the main event in terms of racing. I can't actually remember the last GP where someone didn't just disappear into the distance to win.

pritch
8th May 2013, 17:06
This year Kiyonari is back in. 3 x BSB champion (same as Shakey). However Kiyo is not going well at all this year. Way back.

Yeah a bit odd that. Not sure, but I think his crew chief is Adrian Gorst, a kiwi. They have worked together successfully before.

roogazza
8th May 2013, 18:49
Yeah a bit odd that. Not sure, but I think his crew chief is Adrian Gorst, a kiwi. They have worked together successfully before.
I think Kiyonari did last year on 600s, does seem a bit odd to be diving around changing classes at his level?
But then maybe it's getting harder for him to find the rides he wants.
Great rider, but like the rest of us getting older.

SuperSonic
8th May 2013, 20:03
I got the same thing, so emailed sky asking what the?? So will post up if the reply, I also asked if they are going to replay the races in that time as a few would have done the same thing. It is because it is not series linked yet.

Fucken sky moved the goalposts, that is why you only got first race. I had mine all set to record, from 11.55 - 5 am, and I checked before I went to work.

When I get home this morning, I see that I too only got 71 mins of racing, so sometime they changed things.

quickbuck
8th May 2013, 21:06

I had no problems finding it was 4 separate programs after I typed my post "Sweet.... Cheers"...
So not sure what you did wrong? It was pretty obvious the first and last one was live, and the middle 2 were replays.

All that said, I still haven't got around to watching it.......

montsta56
8th May 2013, 21:38
I watched both races an found it a bit boring. the coverage is pretty average i thought. An that track looked like a goat track. just saying

denill
8th May 2013, 21:40
I watched both races an found it a bit boring. the coverage is pretty average i thought. An that track looked like a goat track. just saying

Yep, you really can't please some people :no: :no:

montsta56
8th May 2013, 21:49
I just didnt find it 10x more interesting racing than the gp's( as some people find it) not by a loooooong shot. No on boards camera's. Camera seemed to be two villages down the rd

tail_end_charlie
8th May 2013, 23:21
I just didnt find it 10x more interesting racing than the gp's( as some people find it) not by a loooooong shot. No on boards camera's. Camera seemed to be two villages down the rd

Yeah, well there are a few dollars difference between MotoGP and BSB. The amount of money Dorna spends on its TV production must be astronomical. If your interested, Scott Jones did an interview (http://www.motomatters.com/blog/2013/04/29/photographer_s_blog_interview_with_sergi.html) with Sergi Sendra about the whole system that goes from track to track and the setup thats required. Its very interesting reading in so much as it boggles the mind with the amount of wiring, cameras and general equipment goes into the whole show. BSB doesn't stand a chance putting together a system like that.