PDA

View Full Version : Starting kids out on trials?

buffstar
10th May 2013, 11:36
Hi all
I posted yesterday on the dirt forum about wanting to get my son (7) onto a trials bike. We are based in norwest Auckland & he currently rides a dirtbike, but I would like to slow him down and upskill him. any advice or leads on where to go would be much appreciated
cheers
Buffstar:headbang:

Motu
10th May 2013, 12:08
I don't know whether the Northern Trials Group is still going, but they used to do the trials north of Auckland.

Trialing it
13th May 2013, 21:21
We had a good 2 days in Auckland for rounds 5 and 6 of the north Island trials champs, showed that the number of riders in Auckland is increasing again.
There are a number of good riders in Auckland so your son should enjoy hanging round them at least, some are not that old which helps Liam Draper (15-16) to name one, A grade NZ champ.

Best to contact the MNZ commissioner Jim Henderson to get some contact details at jim1@xtra.co.nz.

jani11
27th October 2014, 22:27
Hi all
I posted yesterday on the dirt forum about wanting to get my son (7) onto a trials bike. We are based in norwest Auckland & he currently rides a dirtbike, but I would like to slow him down and upskill him. any advice or leads on where to go would be much appreciated
cheers

Motu
28th October 2014, 20:57
The WMCC is holding a practice trial on 2 Nov...no license or club membership required, suitable for new riders, sign on at 9.00am. Venue is 1080 SH16 Waimauku, should be sign posted on SH16 somewhere. A good chance to get involved in a real trial without the license etc.

Rick 52
1st November 2014, 21:13
The WMCC is holding a practice trial on 2 Nov...no license or club membership required, suitable for new riders, sign on at 9.00am. Venue is 1080 SH16 Waimauku, should be sign posted on SH16 somewhere. A good chance to get involved in a real trial without the license etc.

Bugger! I would have been keen but I'm on call this weekend, I might be able to pop over for a look see .