PDA

View Full Version : Help! What have I broken?

sketch
10th May 2013, 15:07
2008 ninja 250

Was just changing levers to the new cnc adjustables i got and when i was doing the clutch lever id wudnt go into place so stupidly i forced it and a liitle plastic peg about 15mm long shot out from under the handle.

Upon investigation theres a lil switch under there that must pick up clutch position or the like

What is it? what does it do? what doesnt work now? am i guna die riding the bike?

All help much apprech

and the the "you dumb bastard" comments begin...........

Subike
10th May 2013, 15:40
OK
""You dumb bastard.""
But fucked if I know what you did.
so that makes me the dumb bastard too.
Damb

Drew
10th May 2013, 15:46
You pair of dumb bastards. That switch tells the bike you have the clutch in, so it will start in gear.

If it doesn't need the clutch in to start all the time, you are sweet.

swarfie
10th May 2013, 16:27
You pair of dumb bastards. That switch tells the bike you have the clutch in, so it will start in gear.

If it doesn't need the clutch in to start all the time, you are sweet.

Yup...what he said. They put that switch in there to stop numbnutted goobers from having their bike take off by itself when said numbnutted goober pushes the start button while its sitting on the side stand and in gear. Should be fine to ride but DON'T push the starter unless it's in neutral or the clutch lever is pulled in:rolleyes:

Banditbandit
10th May 2013, 16:34
Without the switch it might not be fine .. . It might not start ..

If it does start, either make sure you are always in neutral (best option) or always pull the clutch in when you push the start button ...

FJRider
10th May 2013, 17:02
Is the switch broken ... or just needs put back together again ... ???

sketch
10th May 2013, 17:12
Bike starts and goes into gear all gud. Kick stand has always killed bike if it in gear anyway

sketch
10th May 2013, 17:12
Is the switch broken ... or just needs put back together again ... ???

Broken..... broken to fuck n back. I am a sparky afterall if it was just a matter of putting it back 2gether id of been allover it

Drew
10th May 2013, 17:15
I was working on the theory that the "bloody idiot" in question, had at least tried and succeeded in starting the bike after said bit went flying.

sketch
10th May 2013, 17:24
I was working on the theory that the "bloody idiot" in question, had at least tried and succeeded in starting the bike after said bit went flying.

Yep started bike n tried to get into gear soon as I broke it. Shud be sweet il fix it asap just was worried it was guna do something wierd on me at pace