PDA

View Full Version : TT superbikes on PS2

scroter
19th August 2005, 11:47
Have finally bought the above game. after waiting a year for it be released in NZ I gave up (maybe it already is, I couldnt find it). I ordered it from the UK once I found out it would run on my Playstation. If you would like to order it here is the link -
http://www.dukevideo.com/products/SLES51980.htm

The reveiw -

Is it good? Does a beer shit in the woods? of course its good, but then like all of us here im a bike nutter and just cant survive without things like this. Its wuite hard to get used to as in anything but novice mode you have to control all the body movements except leaning into corners. Try leaning forward off the start line and you should do a good job, but stay leaning forward while on the brakes and youll most likely end up on the wrong side of the handlebars, although its pretty cool being able to back flip a 125 at almost 100mph just by gassing it and leaning back. speaking of crashes i think this is probably the bes feature of the game, specially when they get the right camera angle after you just smacked a wall. for those of you whove played riding spirits II, i found that game awesome but a little too easy, no worrys with this one. it aint easy. If your interested in gettitng it. it cost me about $105NZ to get it and it took about 2 weeks. worth the wait.

bugjuice
19th August 2005, 11:51
beer can shit? cool..
played MotoGP on the PS2 and that was good.. still to make a bike game with the stimulator engine of Gran Tourismo, now that'd be a game to have..
but bike games are fun, for the rainy day when you don't want to hoon outside..

onearmedbandit
19th August 2005, 12:56
Very cool game, I've had my copy for a couple of months and I'm still loving it. Bought it locally for $100 new.

John
19th August 2005, 13:01
Very cool game, I've had my copy for a couple of months and I'm still loving it. Bought it locally for $100 new.
Your such a legend dude :D (seriously)

Motoracer
22nd August 2005, 11:22
This game fuken rocks! Its da shit!! I used to be a Gran Turismo fanatic and GT4 has hit the spot bang on for cars, but for bikes, SBTT has come very very close to doing this. It has very minimal faults in its physics and you know it is a lot more difficult to simulate a bike than it is to simulate a car. As far as realistic physics goes, if MotoGP for PS2 gets a 6/10, this SBTT gets a 9.9/10 in my books.

Does someone wana start up a thread about lap times? I only started finishing the complete circuit with out crashing.. It's F-in insane but it's so much fun! It's like everytime I do a lap, I'm going for a ride down SH22. Without even realising it, I would have speant hours playing it. These days, I don't play video games like I used to anymore but this game is the next best thing, if you aren't blasting on the back roads on the actual bike.

Go, you computer geeks who made it all possible!! Even with your nerdy glasses and your geeky pimples, you have created something good that all the rest of us cool people can enjoy (P/T). :Punk:

onearmedbandit
22nd August 2005, 13:59
I'll do a lap tonight on my std GSXR1000, let you know. BTW, the cheat that was posted last time stops pitstops from working and also fucks up your overall position. Best to just finish the game, which is far easier said then done.

scroter
29th September 2005, 12:37
on the main menu screen push

R1,R2,L1,L2,R1,R1,L1,L2

when the prompt appears type BOOST and you get boost
also available is WORLD CHAMP and SPEEDFREAKS. these last 2 unlock all the tracks, and all the leathers, helmets and bikes although I cant remember which way round.

Anyway my best lap time is just under 15 mins at somewhere over 150mph avgspd. i put it on KPH and the SP2 and the TAS GSXR1000 can do about 360KPH top speed with the boost on. I found the SP2 the best as the Suzuki always wants to fall over.

Motoracer
29th September 2005, 12:42
Ummm... Well I haven't played it for weeks. I was getting OK with 600s and I never really advanced to 1000s properly. I think I got down to 18 mins and something secs with the R6, with out boost and on the hardest level.

I have to get back into it now.

Scott, do you play in hardest level and is the 15s with boost or no boost?

scroter
30th September 2005, 18:01
the 15s is on hardest or easiest. hardest is faster but i crash more so it evens out. also in mid 15s on hardest with the 600s. all with the boost on.
best time on the SP2 without boost is 16mins 12 sec at 140mph cant remeber 600 but i think its about a minute slower. ill give it another go and let you know. ive won everything except some of the sidecar races but they arnt as much fun.
If you win all the masterclass races then you get the winning lap of shaun harris 600TT in 2003.

Motoracer
30th September 2005, 18:07
the 15s is on hardest or easiest. hardest is faster but i crash more so it evens out. also in mid 15s on hardest with the 600s. all with the boost on.
best time on the SP2 without boost is 16mins 12 sec at 140mph cant remeber 600 but i think its about a minute slower. ill give it another go and let you know. ive won everything except some of the sidecar races but they arnt as much fun.
If you win all the masterclass races then you get the winning lap of shaun harris 600TT in 2003.

You'r a legened!! :not: I'll give it another go and see how I compair but I would be a lot slower than that I think.

hXc
30th September 2005, 18:14
Anyone got any good motorbike games for PC? I had one ages ago but I lost it. And have also forgotten what it was called. I think it was SuperBike World Champs or something.