PDA

View Full Version : West Auckland - Peak Road

Madness
12th May 2013, 20:16
Just a heads-up for those who enjoy a pootle along Peak Road, top of Old North Road on the way to & from Kaukapakapa. Watch out for the popo hiding behind bushes parked on private property with his radar working overtime. There were two such popo up there this afternoon and I have it on good authority that three bikers that pootled there today are now walking for a month.

Out of interest, what says KB on the legality of a speed enforcement activity being run from a private property, assuming the popo have the owners permission to be lurking in the bushes parked there?

tnarg
12th May 2013, 20:40
I went the alternative route around that way today. Lucky for me. The do get a bit sneaky around there and doesn't help it being an 80kph zone.

FJRider
12th May 2013, 20:56
Out of interest, what says KB on the legality of a speed enforcement activity being run from a private property, assuming the popo have the owners permission to be lurking in the bushes parked there?

If "Public" have free access to the site .... and there are no signs specifically saying they cannot enter/park there ... then there is no legal issue. Regardless of the fact that no actual permission was (or may have been) granted specifically to Police (or public) already.

The land owner may even (or may not) be aware of them using it for "Work" purposes ...

And the public have the right to be unhindered in their progress along the public road ..... if they are obeying all the posted speed limits.

Moi
12th May 2013, 21:21
Following the article in yesterday's NZHerald's motoring section [http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10882906] about 'good roads to drive' and one of the roads in West Auckland was mentioned I would suggest that there will be more popo there and more cagers out to prove just how great their driving is - until the electronics die and the ABC...XYZ control fails and they slide gracelessly off the road. Watch the speed limits get adjusted also!

Did enjoy the ride to Helensville this morning and a good coffee with a slice of delicious ginger crunch.