PDA

View Full Version : Brass Monkey

XF650
23rd May 2013, 21:56
I'm down that way with work next week & going to stay on for the Rally.
Posting here cause I'll have a trailer, if anyone has a problem.

ducatijim
24th May 2013, 15:19
I'll have a trailer, if anyone has a problem.

Great! I have to stay home and feedout to the cows.......will the trailer fix that?
:facepalm:

ADVGD
26th May 2013, 23:08
I'm down that way with work next week & going to stay on for the Rally.
Posting here cause I'll have a trailer, if anyone has a problem.

You're a good man Struan :niceone:

Padmei
27th May 2013, 20:09
You're a good man Struan :niceone:

Amen.

ftcr

NordieBoy
29th May 2013, 18:30
He is that ...

gpcustom
2nd June 2013, 21:11
Although I didn't go to the monkey I did ride over the Dunstan trail with some mates. They were all on dirt bikes and I was on the V strom. . What a ride or I should say what a fuckn hand full I was buggard on Saturday night. She was hard work trying to hold on to the big heavy pig in the mud. I was all over the place. I'm only running Shinko E705 tyres and It was like riding on ice.I managed to keep it shiny side up JUST. Bloody exciting got the heart pumping :thud:

gsig
3rd June 2013, 10:45
I wonder if it was Struan that pulled the knife on the firemen (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8748407/Firefighters-face-knife-threat-at-Brass-Monkey)?

Marks

XF650
3rd June 2013, 13:28
Although I didn't go to the monkey I did ride over the Dunstan trail with some mates. They were all on dirt bikes and I was on the V strom. . What a ride or I should say what a fuckn hand full I was buggard on Saturday night. She was hard work trying to hold on to the big heavy pig in the mud. I was all over the place. I'm only running Shinko E705 tyres and It was like riding on ice.I managed to keep it shiny side up JUST. Bloody exciting got the heart pumping :thud:

Awesome effort - you and Jantar can compare notes.
I was very envious of the guys riding into the Rally off the Dunstan Trail.

XF650
3rd June 2013, 13:42
I wonder if it was Struan that pulled the knife on the firemen (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8748407/Firefighters-face-knife-threat-at-Brass-Monkey)?

Marks

Like many others, I would be have been happy to help throw that wanker on the fire.

The wind was ferocious - you could hear the gusts coming and when they hit the camp the ground seemed to vibrate (no, I was tenting alone). Tents were flattened & bikes blown over.
Sparks from the drum fires were being blown all over the place - I suspect a lot of the tents that survived the wind will actually leak next time they are used.
A few bikes that left early got blown off the roads, incl. a Goldwing.
Still a great Brass though.

Mudguard
15th June 2013, 18:12

I would be keen for a quote on a DR650 bash plate. Just bought a new one an don't want to break it:oi-grr: