PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Wgtn rider that stopped me

Kendog
19th August 2005, 18:21
I was riding home tonight and a Yamaha R1/6 (not sure which) followed me off the Newlands exit to tell me my tail light was not working.

This exit was not even his exit, so a huge :2thumbsup for doing this.

Bikers rock :Punk:

curious george
19th August 2005, 22:49
He didn't have a little moustache, teardrop glasses and ask for your number did he...
Tail light out... yeah right!:Pokey:

Oakie
19th August 2005, 23:14
Found myself behind a woman in a car with two wee kids in the back for a while on the way home tonight. Her left brake light wasn't working. I debated whether to try to let her know but couldn't get past thinking what would happen when a 6 foot biker on a black bike with black helmet and shades pulls up beside a woman at a stop sign and motions for her to wind her window down. Now how does that Tui ad go ... ? "Wind my window down for a biker, Yeah, right". I decided someone else would have to tell her.

Ixion
20th August 2005, 00:13
Meh, Li'l Ratty is forever blowing his tail lamp or brake lamp. 'tis the damn vibration gets them. I carry a spare of each bulb, and check each time I stop. I can change the bulb in less than a minute with my trusty Swiss Army Knife. Must get round to rubber mounting the light or something. Probably won't help though. Answer's maybe them fancy LED thingies.

Dutchee
20th August 2005, 09:49
I'd like to say thanks to the guy who stopped Thursday morning to help when I broke down on the NW. Thanks also to the cop who blocked the bus lane so we could crash start the old girl.
What I thought was a bit wierd was the cop wanting to see my boots to figure out if I was someone who'd just ridden past him. Either he has a fetish about feet or for him that's the way he picks out bikers. I'd have thought jackets or bikes made the difference between us, but no, it's the feet that stand out. This guy was wearing "race" boots.

Brian d marge
20th August 2005, 13:04
Meh, Li'l Ratty is forever blowing his tail lamp or brake lamp. 'tis the damn vibration gets them. I carry a spare of each bulb, and check each time I stop. I can change the bulb in less than a minute with my trusty Swiss Army Knife. Must get round to rubber mounting the light or something. Probably won't help though. Answer's maybe them fancy LED thingies.

I have the same problem on the Enfield .. I use weather strip for door and windows,,,,that stops the draught blowing the light out ....

Havent had to stop and relight it for a while now

Stephen