PDA

View Full Version : First NZ bike. Can't wait (Amplegirthage)

Amplegirthage
27th May 2013, 21:55
Hi All
Just signed up as I'm guessing I will need your collective knowledge very soon.
Been in NZ a couple of years and finally scraped enough together to get a bike.

Collecting a KLX250 on Saturday. Not sure till I pick it up what it will need
Fingers crossed its not a pile of junk :niceone:

Its got rego and a new WOF so fingers crossed.
I will post a photo once ive got it.

pete-blen
27th May 2013, 22:07
good one..:cool:

theres soom good rides around chch... here ===> http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/133817-I-m-looking-for-Christchurch-Adv-rides

:Oi:..where are yer from..

Amplegirthage
30th May 2013, 16:36
Hey Pete
I'm from Church Bay. Around the bay from Lyttelton.
Thanks for the link

Amplegirthage
6th June 2013, 23:28
Picked up the bike from Wanaka last weekend and its a cracker. Really pleased :sweatdrop
Just sorting out a couple of bits, fork seals and full service. Then off into the hills for a shake down.

unstuck
7th June 2013, 05:24
Hey Pete
I'm from Church Bay. Around the bay from Lyttelton.
Thanks for the link

I think he may of meant" where you from originally". Good choice of bike, welcome, and have a blast.:Punk::Punk:

Amplegirthage
9th June 2013, 00:01
AAHH I see .. I'm ex UK :facepalm:

haydes55
9th June 2013, 00:05
I like your bike :first: Got a KLX250 myself (Although it has the KLX300 head on it for POWER!!!) Yea 50cc isn't much more but it's served me well! On decent tires they will give you better thrills in corners than any other bike could. Being quite tall you lean so far from one side to another. Have fun!

P.S. buy a graphics kit for a couple hundred bucks, makes the bikes look beyond sexy.

Transalper
17th June 2013, 10:20

Its got rego and a new WOF so fingers crossed.

Excellent choice, having it road legal seriously opens up the options for where you can go and what you can do.
Having a big tank and a bit of luggage carting ability opens it up even more.

As Pete said check out the Adventure Forum.
Welcome to the site.

Amplegirthage
14th July 2013, 23:04
Thanks for the replies. Havent been on this forum much. Ive been on KLX forum gaining knowledge..
Done a bunch of mods to get a bit more power out of it. Its going pretty well now. Just waiting on a set of hand guards to finish it off.
If it ever stops raining in CHCH I will get it into the hills, farthest its been so far is Allandale and the wheatsheef :niceone:

Oh yes and a set of boots is on the shopping list. money money money :eek:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/bracketman_photos/KLX250%20Modifications/IMG_2279.jpg (http://s270.photobucket.com/user/bracketman_photos/media/KLX250%20Modifications/IMG_2279.jpg.html)

unstuck
15th July 2013, 09:01
Good stuff. Well done.:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

fridayflash
15th July 2013, 17:55
great little bike eh! they got an electric leg that model? lotta fun to be had on a road legal traillie in nz
btw, i like your tailpipe mods, much the same as ive done to my dr650 pipe...powerpipe on the cheap!

Amplegirthage
21st July 2013, 19:58
Thanks Chaps glad you like it. Yes its got a Leccy start. Got my Bark busters (ufo) they are cool and fit a treat and cheap as chips.
Of to the Waimak next weekend for a shake down. Gonna be interesting. A mate is taking a stock KLX300 so I feel a head to head test coming on :yes:

1/4 mile thrash
Most Air
Longest wheelie without crashing
Motocross lap
Trials section

Just in the process of making a towbar carrier.