PDA

View Full Version : 2-stroke barrel recon

Wannabiker
31st May 2013, 17:23
Hi all.

My boys 2010 YZ 250 has split the side off a piston and now has some scratches in the bore. Is there anyone in NZ that dose repairs to cylinder barrels. I see there are sleeves available from the states for these cylinders....but will look local first....

Ross

Akzle
31st May 2013, 17:54
Hi all.

My boys 2010 YZ 250 has split the side off a piston and now has some scratches in the bore. Is there anyone in NZ that dose repairs to cylinder barrels. I see there are sleeves available from the states for these cylinders....but will look local first....

Ross

grabeth thine olden cylinder hone and bore the cunt out to 300.

dangerous
31st May 2013, 18:14
grabeth thine olden cylinder hone and bore the cunt out to 300.
might be a nickle bore which ya cant hone/bore... and its a barrel not a cunt, so I hope ya not getting any at the mo or ya been screwing the wrong thing.

Wannabiker
31st May 2013, 18:30
I assume it is plated....I cant seem to see any oversize pistons if I did bore it, or I would definitely be ding that!!!

Rhys
31st May 2013, 18:44
How bad are the scratches ?

xen
31st May 2013, 19:00
http://www.nzcylinders.com/

Akzle
31st May 2013, 19:02
I assume it is plated....I cant seem to see any oversize pistons if I did bore it, or I would definitely be ding that!!!

whats the stroke on the bitch?
Then find a bike with similar, but diameter to match the new bore, preferably matching or smaller gudgeon.

Wannabiker
31st May 2013, 19:33
whats the stroke on the bitch?
Then find a bike with similar, but diameter to match the new bore, preferably matching or smaller gudgeon.

CR500 piston and a big drill :msn-wink:

Will try NZ Cylinders on Tuesday. Marks are too big to be able to get away with ...as we have spent money on new crank and rod, bearings and piston...may as well do it right.

bigreddog
31st May 2013, 21:25
NZ cylinders are part of DG engine services here in Ashburton, They replate cylinders.
Be warned its not a cheap process.

Wannabiker
1st June 2013, 08:59
Thanks.

Yeah I believe we may be in for a bit of a spend here. I have heard to expect around $600.00. Will price up a new one and see where that goes. I suspect I will need to sit down when I hear the price.....:(