PDA

View Full Version : Custom cylinder base gaskets?

lukemillar
1st June 2013, 07:38
Hey,

Does anyone have a contact that can cut custom cylinder base gaskets in spring/shim steel? I have the originals for templates

Thanks
Luke

lukemillar
1st June 2013, 10:22
Or failing that, if anyone has any recommendations for a machine shop in the Wellington area that can take 0.2mm off the base of my barrels, that would be seet

Cheers
Luke

The Reibz
1st June 2013, 15:38
Any shop which does cylinder heads should be able to help you out bro. Cost me $75 to get a head put under a mill and skimmed. Thought that was pretty reasonable.

Whats the deal with the base plate spacer? Please tell me it has something to do with a turbo :drool:

Crasherfromwayback
1st June 2013, 15:51
Or failing that, if anyone has any recommendations for a machine shop in the Wellington area that can take 0.2mm off the base of my barrels, that would be seet

Cheers
Luke

If they're still in business maybe Headmaster? Failing that...go and see Gunther at Precision Grinders. Or Carl at Cemeck Engineering in Petone. He's a good lad that does fantastic work.

Woodman
1st June 2013, 17:24
SHUK make gaskets, and any engine reconditioner or turner worth his salt should be able to skim a few mm off of your barrels.

Tarded
2nd June 2013, 21:46
http://www.swg.co.nz/

http://www.christchurchgaskets.co.nz/industrial_products.html

Seems a waste to machine stuff that later on you may not want to be machined down.

lukemillar
3rd June 2013, 06:52
If they're still in business maybe Headmaster? Failing that...go and see Gunther at Precision Grinders. Or Carl at Cemeck Engineering in Petone. He's a good lad that does fantastic work.

I'll go and see Gunther today and see what he says!

Cheers
Luke

Seems a waste to machine stuff that later on you may not want to be machined down.

Not really. Machining these barrels down will actually allow me to use the standard sized gaskets rather than sourcing thinner custom ones.

Yow Ling
3rd June 2013, 09:53
SHUK make gaskets, and any engine reconditioner or turner worth his salt should be able to skim a few mm off of your barrels.

he only wanted to take 1/5 of a mm off

Woodman
3rd June 2013, 09:58

1/5 of a mm is easy too

pete-blen
5th June 2013, 11:40

1/5 of a mm :facepalm:..