PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - Zeal 250

froggy_girl128
20th August 2005, 09:10
Hello this is my first post.
Am in england and am getting a yamaha zeal 250 which are very rare in the uk. I cant find much about them
i did a search and found this zeal it has a different light and screen than the one am getting, can you buy them seperate http://www.dropbears.com/m/models/roadtests/images/zeal.gif

Thanks

White trash
20th August 2005, 09:17
Well Hi there froggy girl.

If you've got a Thundercat, what the hell do you want with a Zeal?

Welcome to the KB nuthouse by the way, where we'll answer every question except the one asked.

You're welcome.

froggy_girl128
20th August 2005, 09:26
my thundercat is restricted to 33bhp to comply with the law and it needs soooooo much petrol its stupid!

zadok
20th August 2005, 11:11
33bhp from one of these!? And heavy on juice!?

Ghost Lemur
20th August 2005, 11:15
Send a pm to Hitcher, he had one as his "learner" bike, seemed very happy with it at the time. Sure he'll be able to answer any specifics you have about them.

Think there are a few others on here with them too. Is there a particular reason for going with the Zeal over the Bandit or Hornet 250s?

zadok
20th August 2005, 11:20
Is there a particular reason for going with the Zeal over the Bandit or Hornet 250s?
There is the Suzuki Across and Kawasaki Balius equivalents as well.

erik
20th August 2005, 16:00
my thundercat is restricted to 33bhp to comply with the law and it needs soooooo much petrol its stupid!

If you're looking for an economical bike, the zeal might not be a good idea. I get about 15-16km/litre on my bike (a 1991 model) and I think jrandom's zeal was similar.

I think the fairing in that picture is from the later model zeals. I'd guess that if you wanted one for an older zeal, you'd probably need to replace the instruments etc as well which would make it rather costly. A better option might be one of those aftermarket screens?

Hitcher
20th August 2005, 17:14
Do a search on this site for Yamaha Zeal. There's been a bit written about them here, some of that by me! I owned one and had great fun on it. They're not without their faults but are a pretty tidy package for a 250.

FROSTY
20th August 2005, 17:21
That looks to me to be one of thiose aftermarket fairing/headlight kits.
Should actually be quite easy to fit it. Just remove factory headlight and itll just need a couple of brackets

Hitcher
20th August 2005, 17:30
That looks to me to be one of thiose aftermarket fairing/headlight kits.
Should actually be quite easy to fit it. Just remove factory headlight and itll just need a couple of brackets
That's actually the Australian model that Yamaha Australia was selling new there until a year or so ago. Twin headlights, all the fruit.

froggy_girl128
21st August 2005, 21:48
any links of sites where i can but the screen?

erik
21st August 2005, 22:04
I don't know any. I haven't actually looked into getting a screen, it was just an idea.

Brains
21st August 2005, 22:08
So you have a wee wait until you're legal to ride the thunder unrestricted then?

Hitcher
21st August 2005, 22:48
Send an email to Yamaha Australia. Victoria Motorcycle Wreckers advertise in Kiwi Rider magazine. Get their contact numbers and give them a hoy.

froggy_girl128
23rd August 2005, 19:25
i can ride the thundercat legally as i had it restricted to 33bhp, the zeal is 40bhp so am not ment to ride it.

In the UK we are allowed to rida upto 125cc on Ls, if we are under 21 we have to take the test then have 33bhp bikes for 2 years.

going to contact yamaha like you said