PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki MotoGP bike is impressive

Peter Smith
18th June 2013, 19:25
At testing today the suzuki lapped just 0.1 sec slower than Rossi on the Yamaha.
A very good start. http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=De-Puniets-Suzuki-competitive-in-MotoGP-test&newsid=9616

tigertim20
18th June 2013, 19:56
all they need now is for say, Casey Stoner to come back next year, riding the suzuki if it's getting close to competitive. then there would be an awesome show!

either way will be great to see another manufacturer getting out there

Crasherfromwayback
18th June 2013, 20:18
all they need now is for say, Casey Stoner to come back next year, riding the suzuki if it's getting close to competitive. then there would be an awesome show!

Problem being the fuckers aren't coming back until 2015.

Crasherfromwayback
18th June 2013, 20:20
At testing today the suzuki lapped just 0.1 sec slower than Rossi on the Yamaha.
A very good start. http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=De-Puniets-Suzuki-competitive-in-MotoGP-test&newsid=9616

Looks gorgeous in the decent pics I've seen of it too. Very Honda like in build quality. Looks very small through the frame spars above the s/a mount though...but chassis wise...Suzuki have never really had issues....so they onbiously know what they're doing there. There's good links for pics in the 2013 Moto GP thread.

AllanB
18th June 2013, 20:53
The artice says three quarters of a second slower than .......

Is that not a lifetime in motor racing?

If I could find the caclulator and work out .75 of a second at 200 kmph it is probably a rugby field or two in length........

Crasherfromwayback
18th June 2013, 20:56

If I could find the caclulator and work out .75 of a second at 200 kmph it is probably a rugby field or two in length........

For a brand new bike with very limited testing...I'd say it's pretty fucking good. It was also no visibly slower down the cute than Lorenzo's Yamaha. I'd say that's pretty good to. You may also find...that Lorenzo is simply 1/2 sec better per lap then De Puniet. Then it's REALLY impressive don't ya think?

sugilite
18th June 2013, 21:36

My maths may be flawed but I make that to be 43 meters.
Put a top tier racer on it and.....

HenryDorsetCase
18th June 2013, 21:48
Revvin' Kevin will be on it with Kurtis Roberts. Kevvo is starting training by doing Suzuka with Nori Haga and some other dude this year.

Kornholio
18th June 2013, 23:23
Throw Shirriffs on it... no wait he gone to BMW i heard....(cant be as bad as Honda :D )

Robert Taylor
19th June 2013, 12:27

I would have thought that they need a rider that has much more than just a singular capacity to ride the wheels off a bike. That dodgy Aussie is not a test rider

Crasherfromwayback
19th June 2013, 12:34
I would have thought that they need a rider that has much more than just a singular capacity to ride the wheels off a bike. That dodgy Aussie is not a test rider

lol. Yeah Rossi is MUCH better! He really sorted that Ducati out.

Robert Taylor
19th June 2013, 21:17
lol. Yeah Rossi is MUCH better! He really sorted that Ducati out.

Well I guess I deserved that response! But Rossi confirmed that the bike was a mut, I still maintain that Stoner has got the development skills of rhinoceros. And I still dont like the guy because of all the dodgy stuff that was done to finance his rise to the elite classes.

trustme
19th June 2013, 21:26
Yeah , he left MM an absolute pig of a bike , a numb nuts pit crew , total bunny. :yawn:

He kept telling Ducati it was a pos but they would not listen, he kept in touch by riding the wheels off it. Rossi took one look at his data & said , ' bugger that , I'm not going there ' so he never got it the Duc up to speed.

Your prejudice blinds you to facts & truth.

Crasherfromwayback
19th June 2013, 21:42
I still maintain that Stoner has got the development skills of rhinoceros. And I still dont like the guy because of all the dodgy stuff that was done to finance his rise to the elite classes.

Odd that all of his crew chiefs seem to say otherwise though eh? And by "dodgy stuff'...do you mean sweating tears and earning your stripes through sheer hard work and determination rather than being born into a factory seat like Rossi was?

Yeah , he left MM an absolute pig of a bike , a numb nuts pit crew , total bunny. :yawn:

He kept telling Ducati it was a pos but they would not listen, he kept in touch by riding the wheels off it. Rossi took one look at his data & said , ' bugger that , I'm not going there ' so he never got it the Duc up to speed.

Your prejudice blinds you to facts & truth.

lol. Nail-Head.

Robert Taylor
19th June 2013, 22:29
Odd that all of his crew chiefs seem to say otherwise though eh? And by "dodgy stuff'...do you mean sweating tears and earning your stripes through sheer hard work and determination rather than being born into a factory seat like Rossi was?

lol. Nail-Head.

The Ohlins guys say otherwise Pete....

Crasherfromwayback
19th June 2013, 23:32
The Ohlins guys say otherwise Pete....

Don't tell me. The Yamaha guys are much better? As mentioned...he hardly did the Honda any harm in his time there Robert. He's not spawn of Julia Gillard or anything mate!

gammaguy
20th June 2013, 02:03
My maths may be flawed but I make that to be 43 meters.
Put a top tier racer on it and.....

Like ummmmmm........john Hopkins?

Robert Taylor
20th June 2013, 08:12
Don't tell me. The Yamaha guys are much better? As mentioned...he hardly did the Honda any harm in his time there Robert. He's not spawn of Julia Gillard or anything mate!

Pete you didnt need to lower the tone by mentioning Aussies very own Helen Clark, who is about to be annihilated anyway. If Moaner had ridden a Yamaha there might just have been a chance that I would have liked him! Gutsy rider though he was, that was his singular ability.

steveyb
20th June 2013, 09:08
He's not spawn of Julia Gillard or anything mate!

Now, that is simply uncalled for........

;)

HenryDorsetCase
20th June 2013, 11:59

;)

there is a bit of a tinge of the ginge about him though.... he MIGHT be related to Gizza. ....

Drew
20th June 2013, 12:28

If I could find the caclulator and work out .75 of a second at 200 kmph it is probably a rugby field or two in length........With a rider well past his prime, who was never that flash compared to the aliens anyway.

I would have thought that they need a rider that has much more than just a singular capacity to ride the wheels off a bike. That dodgy Aussie is not a test riderHe'd do fuckin well to secure more sponsorship money the following years, after the bike probably got a GP title behind it.

lol. Yeah Rossi is MUCH better! He really sorted that Ducati out.Stoner/Rossi team?

Well I guess I deserved that response! But Rossi confirmed that the bike was a mut, I still maintain that Stoner has got the development skills of rhinoceros. And I still dont like the guy because of all the dodgy stuff that was done to finance his rise to the elite classes.

Ya do fuckin well at taking a thread off topic bro!

Crasherfromwayback
20th June 2013, 12:48
Pete you didnt need to lower the tone by mentioning Aussies very own Helen Clark, who is about to be annihilated anyway. .

;)

lol. Thought Robert would love that!

steveyb
20th June 2013, 14:03
Not so close at Aragon testing unfortunately.
Of course there will be many reasons for that, but makes it look slower than a CRT bike this time round.

wharfy
20th June 2013, 18:28

Julia Gillard is a top Sheila cobber..

She (and Helen Clark) copped untold crap because most men are scared shitless of any woman that display's any sort of intelligence, skill and/or drive in any area outside the entertainment field.

People accused Helen Clark's Hubby of being gay as well - No male prime minister in NZ or OZ has EVER been asked if there missus was a lesbian.

I don't know for sure but I'd be prepared to wager a dozen piss that I could find a reference to RT's Heroine Maggie Thatcher having a gay hubby as well.

SWERVE
20th June 2013, 18:39

She (and Helen Clark) copped untold crap because most men are scared shitless of any woman that display's any sort of intelligence, skill and/or drive in any area outside the entertainment field.

People accused Helen Clark's Hubby of being gay as well - No male prime minister in NZ or OZ has EVER been asked if there missus was a lesbian.

I don't know for sure but I'd be prepared to wager a dozen piss that I could find a reference to RT's Heroine Maggie Thatcher having a gay hubby as well.
Dennis Thatcher wasn't gay....... his wife wouldn't let him....:nya:
Wouldn't be surprised if he walked on all fours with a collar at home:eek5:
The son Mark on the other hand............... there is definitely many a tale to be told......:yes:

Robert Taylor
20th June 2013, 18:52

Now now Wharfy

Clark and Gillard are just girls compared to dear old Maggie. If she were still alive she would doubtless be a supporter of Lorenzo, riding a blue bike of course

sugilite
20th June 2013, 19:46
Huh, I thought Robert was Maggies Hubbie?

Drew
20th June 2013, 19:56
Huh, I thought Robert was Maggies Hubbie?
No, he was in love with her. But he didn't fit her public image, so he got sent to the colonies.

sugilite
20th June 2013, 20:26
Heck, so she went with White Power then?

Drew
20th June 2013, 20:27
Heck, so she went with White Power then?Maxton. She was a patriot after all.

steveyb
20th June 2013, 22:39
That Maxton simply didn't satisfy her need for a smooth ride, so she heard all the good news about K-Tech and especially their Sterling technicians and ended up with a affair (kept very quiet of course) that ultimately left her high sided and out of the fight......

:woohoo:

Robert Taylor
21st June 2013, 09:15
You guys of course have got it wrong. A woman of impeccable taste and standards, Maggie would prefer ''the original gold''.

sugilite
21st June 2013, 12:36
Hmmm, do not not to sure Robert, I once heard she entertained the idea of opening the hanger doors for a F16 deal.

steveyb
21st June 2013, 12:55
And we all know what that would have meant.........

F-16's, K-Tech, you figure it out.......

Drew
21st June 2013, 14:20
F-16's, K-Tech, you figure it out.......Yeah. Running off the end of a carrier, because braking distance needed to be longer.

Robert Taylor
21st June 2013, 18:46
Yeah. Running off the end of a carrier, because braking distance needed to be longer.

Yeah but dont forget the ski ramp as used on British aircraft carriers was dreamt up here by a clandestine F16 pilot who moonlights for the USAAF, inbetween undisclosed cash payments for changing tyres.

trustme
21st June 2013, 19:43
& his middle name is Suzuki , cos that's where this thread started :yes:

Robert Taylor
21st June 2013, 21:45
& his middle name is Suzuki , cos that's where this thread started :yes:

Im glad you mentioned that, he was by his own ranting a promising rider for Suzuki GP back in the day. The only problem being they cannot remember him.

But yes, it will be great to see Suzuki back in Motogp. Lets hope they have a good budget and can sign a leading rider