PDA

View Full Version : Can you name this part?

rudder
23rd June 2013, 18:33
I have picked up a 2005 Hyosung GV250 to fix up as a hobby. It had a broken crank shaft/conrod so I have replaced the crankcase / gearbox with one from a wreckers. It works fine and has correct amount of play on conrods etc. I have taken the mageneto, piston oil pump etc of the old motor and put it on the new bottom end. Replaced all the parts that needed replacing and put it all back together.

Now the clutch doesn't seem to disengage. The leaver on top of the crank case has no resistance and moves back and forward freely. I installed the clutch release rack, bearing and washer as per the manual and the clutch plates are all new. I suspect the part in the photo links the leaver to the clutch release rack.

Any ideas what this mistery part is? When I was putting the bike back together I assumed it was just something I had lying around in the garage.

Cheers

Theantidote
23rd June 2013, 18:47
looks like a flux capacitor...good luck:scooter:

neels
23rd June 2013, 19:27
I would name him Steven.

rudder
23rd June 2013, 19:31
But that's also my name. It would become very confusing. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have searched all through the workshop manual and cannot see it at all in any of the pictures. In my mind it must be part of the clutch as it is the only thing not working.

blackdog
23rd June 2013, 19:33
It looks like a clutch pushrod to me.

Akzle
23rd June 2013, 19:34
dude. We have matching socket sets :hug:

rudder
23rd June 2013, 19:42
I think you are correct with the clutch pushrod. It is completely overlooked in the entire workshop manual but a quick Google and it looks right. Just hope I don't have to split the crankcase to put it in.

It's a good socket set. It has paid for itself over and over. I have changed the clutch in my STR legnum. Done about 4 cam belts and water pumps. I must say it has been pretty handy working on this bike

Drew
23rd June 2013, 19:54
It most certainly is, the clutch actuator rod.

Drew
23rd June 2013, 19:54
It just slides through the input shaft. No cases need split.

Mom
23rd June 2013, 19:55
Push Rod?

I don't speak Korean and I needed 10 more chars...

AllanB
23rd June 2013, 19:58
Appears to be too many Hoybags going bang out there ...........

Akzle
23rd June 2013, 20:05
Appears to be too many Hoybags going bang out there ...........

i did prophesise this...

Jeha, slides through case behind actuator. Spinny bit engages 4 small ball brgs...

rudder
23rd June 2013, 21:20
Thanks for the help all.