PDA

View Full Version : Shell Advance Asia Championship

steveyb
27th June 2013, 23:27
Announced this week at Assen.
Running NSF250 machines throughout Asia.
7 or 8 round championship. Red Bull Rookies style system.

Anyone here know any details?
Can we get any NZ riders invited to the trials after the Sepang GP?

Billy
27th June 2013, 23:34
Announced this week at Assen.
Running NSF250 machines throughout Asia.
7 or 8 round championship. Red Bull Rookies style system.

Anyone here know any details?
Can we get any NZ riders invited to the trials after the Sepang GP?

I will get Vicky on to it first thing in the morning

Bert
28th June 2013, 07:36
for those that can't google:

Click here (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Shell+Advance+Asia+Talent+Cup)

steveyb
28th June 2013, 08:59
Yeah, that was put up over night.

Keep an eye out for the entry formalities in the next month or so.

Fingers crossed they will include Oceania in their catchment!

We most defintely have the young riders that can compete given the right environment.

Billy
28th June 2013, 17:17
UPDATE:

Vicky will be contacting the organisers direct and hopefully we will hear back next week,I have asked her to contact both Oceania and the FIM to see if we can organise some sort of funding for anybody we think might be worth sending over,On the basis we can get some sort of direct entry,Will post more here and on the MNZ facebook page when/If we hear back.

If you know of anybody that might be worth sending over,Have them contact me.

steveyb
28th June 2013, 22:27
The entry fee for the whole season is €1, 650 and the closing date will be March 31 st 2013. Both the registration and the payment must be completed at the Spanish Motorcycle Federation’s web site (www.rfme.com).

Those non-Spanish riders who are under 18 at the time of officially signing up for the
entire season in the Moto3™ class will be exempt from paying the registration fee. Even
if those riders turn 18 during the championship they will remain eligible.

Anyone keen????

http://www.cevrepsol.com/en/riders/teams-contact-details

I had a look through the results 'cos Hafiq Azmi is racing for Ajo Team KTM in CEV Moto3 and well over half the feild if not 66% in Moto 3 are foreigners and many of them will be under 18. About 3 or 4 Aussies, handful of Brits, French, Argies, Venezuelans etc etc. Amazing.

As many as 44 starters, not to mention the non-qualifiers. That is a shit load of new Moto3 bikes!!!

Very interesting.

Can we capture any of those riders down here to continue racing during their off season I wonder???

SWERVE
28th June 2013, 23:10
Interesting read Steve. Yes the cost of entering etc is minimal....... but how much for a competitive MOTO 3:crazy:

steveyb
29th June 2013, 12:55
Now, I searched everywhere but I can't find the elephant in the room......

45,000 Euros for the KTM basic bike (NZ price).

There is a list of teams with contacts on that website. I wonder what their rates are.

Looking over the site makes interesting reading actually.
All the classes (all 4 of them) have a mugshot page with photos of all the competitors who signed up for the whole season I guess.
You can see all the fresh young faces in the Moto3 class.
Then they get a bit older and more lived in for Moto2, a bit older again for Stock Extreme (or whatever it is) with the odd old fella thrown in, and then you turn to the Z Cup and it is all the old crusty club racers from yesteryear.

Points also towards rationalisation of class structures in order to develop critical mass. The guys are there to race, not to prance about on the bike they have had for 100 years, or whatever.

Very interesting.

Billy
3rd July 2013, 08:47
Reply received this morning from Mr Javier Alonso(Cup director)

The constitution of the Shell Advance Asia Cup is for Asian riders only and we can not offer a New Zealand competitor a place.

Thanks Vicky for your efforts,Guess theres no point asking for funding for it then.

steveyb
3rd July 2013, 09:10
Ah STINK!!!!

Cheers Billy, and Vicky.

Steve

Anyone want to get an Asian authority licence and hence become eligible?????
I wonder how many european names we will see in the list through the back door...... (Aussies, Jaappies etc).

RobGassit
3rd July 2013, 09:53
Reply received this morning from Mr Javier Alonso(Cup director)

The constitution of the Shell Advance Asia Cup is for Asian riders only and we can not offer a New Zealand competitor a place.

Thanks Vicky for your efforts,Guess theres no point asking for funding for it then.

It's true then,,,they are inscrutable!