PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP live on free-to-air tv in NZ!

Bassmatt
4th July 2013, 11:53
From July 14.
Read all about it....http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/8877834/Another-sport-gone-from-Sky
:headbang:

Kornholio
4th July 2013, 12:24
From July 14.
Read all about it....http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/8877834/Another-sport-gone-from-Sky
:headbang:

That is nearly the best news I've had all year.. Awesome :)

The Reibz
4th July 2013, 12:35
Thats bound to fuck Suzuki NZ off. Seeming how they brought the rights for delayed coverage on CRC motorsport

SPP
4th July 2013, 12:48
delayed coverage here (http://www.666sicco.hostingsiteforfree.com/).

link, wait 5s, skip add, watch.

Hitcher
4th July 2013, 12:59
"Live" on free-to-air television means advertisement breaks will feature prominently. This can be disruptive, unless it's a Clayton's Live Broadcast -- something that starts on time but which moves on by the length of each ad break, so that the end of the event is not live.

ckai
4th July 2013, 13:20
So let me get this straight, this is gonna be a new station on Freeview that's gonna be sports? And they've kicked off by grabbing MotoGP? Is it wishful thinking that next year they'll grab SBK, V8Supercars and [insert chosen motorsport]?

Personally I don't mind watching ads, as long as there's not too many. I've been watching motorsport all my life with ads and if it's free, I say sweet. Shit, if it's full coverage and not necessarily live, I don't care if there's more ads. I've been watching highlights of the SBK on iSky. 15mins per race seems like I'm missing a crap load of action.

Dunno why they don't have ticker style ads for live events. Unobtrusive if they don't over do it.

pritch
4th July 2013, 13:54
If the ads are intrusive, record it, play it later and ff the ads.

Maha
4th July 2013, 14:34
Not bothered either way, if I don't catch delayed coverage on a Sunday, my world is not going to end.

BigAl
4th July 2013, 14:56
Even with ads it will be better than the current delayed coverage on TV3.

Real annoying the skipping ahead and missing the tight racing/on board shots.

sil3nt
4th July 2013, 15:00
I've been watching highlights of the SBK on iSky. 15mins per race seems like I'm missing a crap load of action.Have you noticed they show the first five laps then skip the next 15 and show the last lap or two? That is why you are missing all the action. Laziest highlights package ever.

ckai
4th July 2013, 15:25
Have you noticed they show the first five laps then skip the next 15 and show the last lap or two? That is why you are missing all the action. Laziest highlights package ever.

But nothing happens in the middle 15. In fact I don't even know why the races are that long. They should just be 7 laps. :msn-wink:

Yip, it's pretty piss poor.

Banditbandit
4th July 2013, 16:12
Awesome News !!!! Let's see how it plays out before getting too critical ...

Kornholio
4th July 2013, 18:04
So let me get this straight, this is gonna be a new station on Freeview that's gonna be sports? And they've kicked off by grabbing MotoGP? Is it wishful thinking that next year they'll grab SBK, V8Supercars and [insert chosen motorsport]?

Personally I don't mind watching ads, as long as there's not too many. I've been watching motorsport all my life with ads and if it's free, I say sweet. Shit, if it's full coverage and not necessarily live, I don't care if there's more ads. I've been watching highlights of the SBK on iSky. 15mins per race seems like I'm missing a crap load of action.

Dunno why they don't have ticker style ads for live events. Unobtrusive if they don't over do it.

I'm with this guy

Awesome News !!!! Let's see how it plays out before getting too critical ...

... and this guy :niceone:

ducatilover
4th July 2013, 18:09
I'm looking forward to being able to watch actual MotoGP coverage again! I'm one of them poor fullas who cannot afford the season pass on the website. :first:

Juniper
5th July 2013, 09:54
I'm looking forward to being able to watch actual MotoGP coverage again! I'm one of them poor fullas who cannot afford the season pass on the website. :first:

Me tooooooo

nzmikey
5th July 2013, 10:06
Time to asshole SKY & Get Freeview with a PVR built in .

Had this convo with the missus last night ... did not go so well asking, so ended up "Telling" her that I was going to get rid of SKY as I was sick of paying $90 ($720pyr ) or so per mth so the kids can watch fucking cartoons .... They have enough dvd's & I also have a crap load on my HDD for them to watch via the PS3 ... They also have a back yard .

sil3nt
5th July 2013, 10:07
Time to asshole SKY & Get Freeview with a PVR built in .

Had this convo with the missus last night ... did not go so well asking, so ended up "Telling" her that I was going to get rid of SKY as I was sick of paying $90 ($720pyr ) or so per mth so the kids can watch fucking cartoons .... They have enough dvd's & I also have a crap load on my HDD for them to watch via the PS3 ... They also have a back yard .Good man. Kids don't need the shit they show on tv. Get them rebuilding a motorbike or something :bleh:

p.dath
5th July 2013, 10:11
Being able to afford Sky TV is not a reality for me. So I am very pleased to hear it is coming to Freeview.

nzmikey
5th July 2013, 10:13
Good man. Kids don't need the shit they show on tv. Get them rebuilding a motorbike or something :bleh:

6 & near on 4 .... when the 6yo was 3 she wanted to help daddy work on the Commodore ... Daddy was giving the primer a final sand before paint ... Ms 6 decided that she could "Help" .... by grabbing a sanding block rapped in 40grit & started rubbing the 18" Chrome wheels .... thankfully ( for her ) she missed the chrome & sanded the sidewall ( liquorish strips ) of the tyre . :facepalm:

So yeah I am a bit nervous about letting her near the Gixxer & the GN is in a stripped back state here at the office ....

But one day I will let her help with an oil change on the GN .

Muppet
5th July 2013, 15:25
delayed coverage here (http://www.666sicco.hostingsiteforfree.com/).

link, wait 5s, skip add, watch.

Thanks for that, it works a treat and in HD. Good news all round re: MotoGP!

SPP
5th July 2013, 17:26
Thanks for that, it works a treat and in HD. Good news all round re: MotoGP!

This season has been too good to miss

Berries
5th July 2013, 20:47
Had this convo with the missus last night ... did not go so well asking, so ended up "Telling" her that I was going to get rid of SKY as I was sick of paying $90 ($720pyr ) or so per mth so the kids can watch fucking cartoons .... They have enough dvd's & I also have a crap load on my HDD for them to watch via the PS3 ... They also have a back yard .
Which I guess is where you are sleeping tonight after laying down the law?