PDA

View Full Version : How KK FF & Andrew spent their Sunday

Andrew
12th January 2004, 20:49
This is just a little write up of how I spent my Sunday in the world of Kiwibiker!

Wake up at 7am, find some black clothes and venture out to West Auckland to visit an infamous KK. When been on the road for 20mins I'm into Westie country big time and kinda just bowl up at KK's place.

I'm greeted my Kk and his friendly dog (whats his name?). The basement garge has a GSXR 250 which had been worked on. The sump had been taken off and underneath was a plastic bucket which was full of oil. KK's basement garage has got the phat sounds. The amp outputs to about 6 or something speakers in the garage alone - cool :msn-wink: .

Anyway mucking around at Kk's on the computer and trying to get the cell phones to talk each other with blue tooth technology. So there I am having a great time minding my own business when FF phones up. He had been suckered into going into work so he needed a bit of a wind up about not being able to ride. The phone goes down and we carry on trying to get these phones to talk to each other. 5 mins later the phone goes again. FF yet again!! Man he must be bored at work, what he needed was for KB to come and drop in on him at work.

So.......

KK and I venture out to the airport to keep FF on his toes. It didn't take long at all to get to the airport. Did a couple of drag starts at the lights with KK, won 1 of the 3 - not bad going for a 250.

When at the airport we locate the fire station and track down FF. To our delight FF was in his office surfing the KB website. It had taken him an hour to find out how to switch the computer on and so was just getting round to write up his daily posts.

KK and I had an indepth tour of the fire service. This led from 27 tonne fire trucks right out to something like 40 tonne fire trucks. I was amazed at the sheer size of these fire trucks, they had engines which could put out as much as 1000hp.

FF decided that he need to practise being ape shit. In order to do this he threw me and KK into this shipping container which had an assult course inside. There were all these tyres and little passeges to get through, but with the help of FF's bellowing roar I managed to get round it. I think this course was meant to simulate how to get around in a plane crash.

FF then decided that he then wanted to practise speaking with an American then Irsish accent. In order to forefill this desire he decided to give KK and I a lecture about the breathing apparatus. - Very informative!

KK decided that he wanted to do the course again, but this time with a twist. FF put the breathing apparatus onto KK and sent him back into the shipping container. With a big gas cylinder strapped to his back KK had to crawl his way once again through tyres and netting. Not quite my cup of tea though!

So after a couple of hours mucking around at the fire station it was time for lunch at MD's and then off for a ride. KK and I rode to Clevedon, Kawakawa bay, out to Miranda. The sun was soo hot and parts of the road were pretty shocking. There was a lot of road works and a lot of wet tar. We stopped at the pub just before Mangatawhiri for a drink just before heading back home. The motorway was fairly boring on the way back, but it was calm.

So got home had dinner and did all those after dinner jobs one usually does. By the time I had finished, it was still light and I had another hankering to go for a ride. I got on the phone to the usual people, but could only managed to talk FF into going into an evening ride.

No sooner had I got home I was back on the motorway out to Manukau to meet FF. By this time the air was getting a little cooler, which meant comfier riding. FF met me at a carpark in Manuakau, and decided into going toward Maretai. I didn't realise how quickly the suburban areas dropped off from Manukau toward Maraetai. The gas station in maraetai was our next stop. I managed to put fuel into the bike, but without remembering to bring my wallet :sweatdrop . Luckily FF rescued my and we were back on our way.

There was a lot of traffic along the coastal road toward Clevedon as the sun was setting. A nice mood was created by the sun and it was just nice to cruise along this road.

Our next port of call was some park which appartantly had nothing in it. FF seemed to think it was worth visiting. In that case using his logic of places to visit we went into the carpark of this park and turned right around. Although FF's desire to go to this crappy place had been forefilled I didn't quite get it, so decided to have a go at pulling soppies in the carpark. I managed to get the back wheel off the ground a couple of times, but gave up there because I didn't want to start getting over confident.

Back on the road again toward Clevedon. The sun was setting the whole time but visibility was still good - well maybe not for FF his eyes are getting a little past their prime. :devil2:

Once in Clevedon we got flagged down by some Asians. They wanted to know the directions to Hunua falls. Luckily FF actually gave them the correct directions and didn't do his usual make up bull shit on the spot!

The final legs of the day took us over Hunua hill. It was really starting to get dark by then. When out of Hunua we took the main Thames highway back to Bombay. When at Autobahn South we did the official debriefing for the day. A nice end to a 3 week break from work - awesome.

Thanks guys for your company it was a really cool day!! :whocares: this has gone on for way too long!!

James Deuce
12th January 2004, 21:19
Nice write up!

I was picturing the garage from Steriogram's "White Trash" when you were describing KK's Garage and basement. In fact the tune was pumping away in the back of head. :lol:

Jim2

SPman
12th January 2004, 21:38
I managed to get the back wheel off the ground a couple of times, but gave up there because I didn't want to start getting over confident.You been listening to those LTSA fella's!

Motoracer
12th January 2004, 22:06
Cool man! I wana join in on the fun next time... when the bike is all fixed up that is. :cool:

Andrew
12th January 2004, 22:11
You been listening to those LTSA fella's!

lol yeah, well actually my old man is a very old wise man. Experience tells me that when he says something, he's usually right!

What?
13th January 2004, 07:35
...Clevedon, Kawakawa bay, out to Miranda. The sun was soo hot and parts of the road were pretty shocking. There was a lot of road works and a lot of wet tar....
I went t'other way same morning. A spot of roadworks dropping down the hill into Kawakawa bay, otherwise all good. Some big bits of gravel in that bit of works, though.
Started the day by deciding that being stir crazy was not doing me a lot of good. Got on the BM and headed over the Kaimai, then into Old Te Aroha road (follows the bottom of the Kaimai range to Te Aroha). A couple of corners in is a (Ducati?) parked unceremoniously in a padock. Someone got it real wrong. Carried on up to Waitakaruru via mostly back roads, then up the Kaiaua coast, Kawakawa bay, Right down to Duders beach (you need to go walking to enjoy the park...), through My Left Eye to Alfriston, South Auck then west to Puke and a few more back roads to Te Aroha, back along the old road and home. 540K all up.
Damn, it were hot in the arvo...

inlinefour
17th January 2005, 02:24
This is just a little write up of how I spent my Sunday in the world of Kiwibiker!

Wake up at 7am, find some black clothes and venture out to West Auckland to visit an infamous KK. When been on the road for 20mins I'm into Westie country big time and kinda just bowl up at KK's place.

I'm greeted my Kk and his friendly dog (whats his name?). The basement garge has a GSXR 250 which had been worked on. The sump had been taken off and underneath was a plastic bucket which was full of oil. KK's basement garage has got the phat sounds. The amp outputs to about 6 or something speakers in the garage alone - cool :msn-wink: .

Anyway mucking around at Kk's on the computer and trying to get the cell phones to talk each other with blue tooth technology. So there I am having a great time minding my own business when FF phones up. He had been suckered into going into work so he needed a bit of a wind up about not being able to ride. The phone goes down and we carry on trying to get these phones to talk to each other. 5 mins later the phone goes again. FF yet again!! Man he must be bored at work, what he needed was for KB to come and drop in on him at work.

So.......

KK and I venture out to the airport to keep FF on his toes. It didn't take long at all to get to the airport. Did a couple of drag starts at the lights with KK, won 1 of the 3 - not bad going for a 250.

When at the airport we locate the fire station and track down FF. To our delight FF was in his office surfing the KB website. It had taken him an hour to find out how to switch the computer on and so was just getting round to write up his daily posts.

KK and I had an indepth tour of the fire service. This led from 27 tonne fire trucks right out to something like 40 tonne fire trucks. I was amazed at the sheer size of these fire trucks, they had engines which could put out as much as 1000hp.

FF decided that he need to practise being ape shit. In order to do this he threw me and KK into this shipping container which had an assult course inside. There were all these tyres and little passeges to get through, but with the help of FF's bellowing roar I managed to get round it. I think this course was meant to simulate how to get around in a plane crash.

FF then decided that he then wanted to practise speaking with an American then Irsish accent. In order to forefill this desire he decided to give KK and I a lecture about the breathing apparatus. - Very informative!

KK decided that he wanted to do the course again, but this time with a twist. FF put the breathing apparatus onto KK and sent him back into the shipping container. With a big gas cylinder strapped to his back KK had to crawl his way once again through tyres and netting. Not quite my cup of tea though!

So after a couple of hours mucking around at the fire station it was time for lunch at MD's and then off for a ride. KK and I rode to Clevedon, Kawakawa bay, out to Miranda. The sun was soo hot and parts of the road were pretty shocking. There was a lot of road works and a lot of wet tar. We stopped at the pub just before Mangatawhiri for a drink just before heading back home. The motorway was fairly boring on the way back, but it was calm.

So got home had dinner and did all those after dinner jobs one usually does. By the time I had finished, it was still light and I had another hankering to go for a ride. I got on the phone to the usual people, but could only managed to talk FF into going into an evening ride.

No sooner had I got home I was back on the motorway out to Manukau to meet FF. By this time the air was getting a little cooler, which meant comfier riding. FF met me at a carpark in Manuakau, and decided into going toward Maretai. I didn't realise how quickly the suburban areas dropped off from Manukau toward Maraetai. The gas station in maraetai was our next stop. I managed to put fuel into the bike, but without remembering to bring my wallet :sweatdrop . Luckily FF rescued my and we were back on our way.

There was a lot of traffic along the coastal road toward Clevedon as the sun was setting. A nice mood was created by the sun and it was just nice to cruise along this road.

Our next port of call was some park which appartantly had nothing in it. FF seemed to think it was worth visiting. In that case using his logic of places to visit we went into the carpark of this park and turned right around. Although FF's desire to go to this crappy place had been forefilled I didn't quite get it, so decided to have a go at pulling soppies in the carpark. I managed to get the back wheel off the ground a couple of times, but gave up there because I didn't want to start getting over confident.

Back on the road again toward Clevedon. The sun was setting the whole time but visibility was still good - well maybe not for FF his eyes are getting a little past their prime. :devil2:

Once in Clevedon we got flagged down by some Asians. They wanted to know the directions to Hunua falls. Luckily FF actually gave them the correct directions and didn't do his usual make up bull shit on the spot!

The final legs of the day took us over Hunua hill. It was really starting to get dark by then. When out of Hunua we took the main Thames highway back to Bombay. When at Autobahn South we did the official debriefing for the day. A nice end to a 3 week break from work - awesome.

Thanks guys for your company it was a really cool day!! :whocares: this has gone on for way too long!!

Sounds like you had a great day then...